Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

32 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Interesting. Not sure if it got windier as the day progressed but wind was more favorable going the other direction.

Very much so which is why I was sure to specify which direction. Pre-Game that is the Bombers end so not a lot of chance to kick in the other direction is SK is on the field. I think he tried some at the half but I don't have a view of the other end.

3 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Very much so which is why I was sure to specify which direction. Pre-Game that is the Bombers end so not a lot of chance to kick in the other direction is SK is on the field. I think he tried some at the half but I don't have a view of the other end.

It was reported as being real strong and certainly seemed to reduce after the half. I’m not sure it was a crazy wind didn’t seem to be effecting passes a lot, so likely dropped off for game time some too. 
 Pas is an odd one for wind, the upper deck really catches all the wind possible, and the field level has decent protection at field level but it can get stronger at deep toss/kick height. 

5 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

The other thing about Sergio's pre-game warm ups, he has a young fan come out of the North End Zone come help with shagging balls. She is obviously a fan of his and it is pretty cute to see her out them with him, guessing 7 or 8 yrs old.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

It was reported as being real strong and certainly seemed to reduce after the half. I’m not sure it was a crazy wind didn’t seem to be effecting passes a lot, so likely dropped off for game time some too. 
 Pas is an odd one for wind, the upper deck really catches all the wind possible, and the field level has decent protection at field level but it can get stronger at deep toss/kick height. 

Higher up, it was blowing as strong at the end of the game. I am in the first row of the upper deck.

53 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Higher up, it was blowing as strong at the end of the game. I am in the first row of the upper deck.

And, I didn't feel it in 234 (front row). Was that when you had full sun in your face? 

I watched the flags all game and they mostly just sat still with a few gusts. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Strange that we still haven’t signed either qb or made any official moves. 

They said last week that the bye-week gave them a chance to work out both QB's before having to sign one of them so we should probably hear something soon.

Hamilton figured both may stick around but one would have to take a PR spot, assuming Wilson stays as QB3.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/special/sports-editors-picks/2024/09/11/pair-of-qbs-to-vie-to-replace-bombers-injured-signal-caller-streveler

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

They said last week that the bye-week gave them a chance to work out both QB's before having to sign one of them so we should probably hear something soon.

Hamilton figured both may stick around but one would have to take a PR spot, assuming Wilson stays as QB3.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/special/sports-editors-picks/2024/09/11/pair-of-qbs-to-vie-to-replace-bombers-injured-signal-caller-streveler

I think Dolegala will be QB2....like the guy they'd have most ready to play if they needed him to replace Collaros.

The other two will make it on active roster depending who they like better for the run package.

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think Dolegala will be QB2....like the guy they'd have most ready to play if they needed him to replace Collaros.

The other two will make it on active roster depending who they like better for the run package.

Based on history and how Osh operates Wilson will not be superceded on roster even if we brought someone in head and shoulders better...or offered us more...I expect Wilson as Qb in short yardage and I like that...and reps...any reps is good for him and development as well as the chance to do some trickery...dude has the skill set to thrive in CFL...

This goes for all positions as well...Osh does this to a fault and not necessarily at times at betterment of team...loyalty is nice and all..but the job is to win and put best team out there...

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Thanks for sharing that! 

2 hours ago, Sard said:

Isn't there a 30 day window on the PR expansion?  I wouldn't have expected anything last week since we were on the bye, so maybe we'll see some moves start to happen this week?

honestly, last week would’ve been a perfect time to run some guys through, it’d be much harder to give them the dedicated time with coaches otherwise. 
 Usually the big coaches take a day or two on the week, not a a whole week. 

21 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah I’d bet on that being it, with Wilson being the short yardage guy still.  

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Based on history and how Osh operates Wilson will not be superceded on roster even if we brought someone in head and shoulders better...or offered us more...I expect Wilson as Qb in short yardage and I like that...and reps...any reps is good for him and development as well as the chance to do some trickery...dude has the skill set to thrive in CFL...

This goes for all positions as well...Osh does this to a fault and not necessarily at times at betterment of team...loyalty is nice and all..but the job is to win and put best team out there...

Depends on how much he likes the dole and Wilson. Think we will get an idea in the final week game. 

I would be SHOCKED if Osh elevated anyone over Wilson. He'll be QB2 and short yardage unless he absolutely fucks the dog and starts fumbling and stuff. They'll always go with th in house guy that's been here all year. 

Edited by Noeller

I can't see the Banana being the short yardage guy..gangly stick that he is..plus his ball security is the shitz..unless the QB is 220 pounds plus when taller than 6'4" and doesn't have a history of bad ball security...even in the pocket.. look how/where he holds the ball...it's God awful..a guy running past him busting a fart basically causes him to bobble the ball 

That Scott tho..isn't he like 6'2" and 220ish...if they kept him I could see him getting shot at it...but I think they go with the Banana Guy cause he has had starts in the leauge

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I would be SHOCKED or Osh elevated anyone over Wilson. He'll be QB2 and short yardage unless he absolutely fucks the dog and starts fumbling and stuff. They'll always go with th in house guy that's been here all year. 

Dole will be our QB2 if Collaros goes down, once he's learned the playbook and practiced for a while in this offense. But, I expect Wilson to be the short-yardage QB for the rest of the season.

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I would be SHOCKED or Osh elevated anyone over Wilson. He'll be QB2 and short yardage unless he absolutely fucks the dog and starts fumbling and stuff. They'll always go with th in house guy that's been here all year. 

Last time they dealt with qb injuries the guy they just brought in was elevated ahead of the wet behind the ears young guy already in the #3 spot and really became the #1 guy though they split time.

Just did quick math....so if someone finds an error by all means call me out on it....but....my quick math tells me if we win 3 of our remaining 5 games BC or Sask. would have to run the table to finish in first ahead of us, if we win 4 of our final 5 no one can catch us

Like I said previously with our crowd and our weather PAS is really, really tough place to come into in playoffs...finish first and make it extremely difficult for one of BC, Edm. or Sask. to go through us at PAS, We control our final 3rd of the season with a great chance at 1st....who would thought in the 1st 3rd of the season we would even be talking about 1st

9 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

Just did quick math....so if someone finds an error by all means call me out on it....but....my quick math tells me if we win 3 of our remaining 5 games BC or Sask. would have to run the table to finish in first ahead of us, if we win 4 of our final 5 no one can catch us

Like I said previously with our crowd and our weather PAS is really, really tough place to come into in playoffs...finish first and make it extremely difficult for one of BC, Edm. or Sask. to go through us at PAS, We control our final 3rd of the season with a great chance at 1st....who would thought in the 1st 3rd of the season we would even be talking about 1st

Flights from YYC to YWG are relatively cheap right now for that weekend and I desperately would like to book........ That 0-4 Start really ****** us.