Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

32 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Ain't that the truth.

I can't thank you enough for that trip down memory lane.

The video clips of them drafting Muluumba and Pencer come to mind.

🙃

we were a right dumpster and Tire fire from the top down....right to the core....with only a few salvageable parts...and nobody wanted to come here...it took 2...3 yrs even after Osh took the reigns before anyone of worth would come here staff wise...and thats when we finally turned it around and had the right culture from Management...staffers and workers to compliment the shift in the locker room and on field culture...thank god

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

we were a right dumpster and Tire fire from the top down....right to the core....with only a few salvageable parts...and nobody wanted to come here...it took 2...3 yrs even after Osh took the reigns before anyone of worth would come here staff wise...and thats when we finally turned it around and had the right culture from Management...staffers and workers to compliment the shift in the locker room and on field culture...thank god

Key pieces were added early on, probably overpays that paid off in the long run - Stanley Bryant comes to mind.

44 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Ain't that the truth.

I can't thank you enough for that trip down memory lane.

The video clips of them drafting Muluumba and Pencer come to mind.

🙃

Kyle Walter’s cries a little every time some one watches those clips. 

1 hour ago, K-Shack said:

I remember when Butchko requested permission from the board to fire Mack and instead was also let go himself. Wade taking on the President role turned our franchise around. And if I recall correctly, one of the big factors in keeping Walters as GM was that there wasn't a lot of time to prepare for the Ottawa expansion draft and so his familiarity with the roster was key. 

Yep. Walter’s was also a very well regarded football mind at the time. He’s a been snapped up very quickly if we let him go. It’s funny we were low key a hotbed for front office talent in an era we mostly struggled, and let the good blooming Canadian guys go for tired old yanks. 

21 minutes ago, Stickem said:

don't forget Faith Ekakitie.........ouch

Wasn’t the guy I wanted but I atleast understood the logic behind that pick. High character role dt with a strong pedigree in the us. 

3 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Key pieces were added early on, probably overpays that paid off in the long run - Stanley Bryant comes to mind.

him n randle were the big ones right away. Then drake nevis too. Randle was mainly a chance to be a full time guy instead of a dime, the other two got big paydays. 

21 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yep. Walter’s was also a very well regarded football mind at the time. He’s a been snapped up very quickly if we let him go. It’s funny we were low key a hotbed for front office talent in an era we mostly struggled, and let the good blooming Canadian guys go for tired old yanks. 

Wasn’t the guy I wanted but I atleast understood the logic behind that pick. High character role dt with a strong pedigree in the us. 

him n randle were the big ones right away. Then drake nevis too. Randle was mainly a chance to be a full time guy instead of a dime, the other two got big paydays. 

Neuf too....he was the first pillar actually.....hard to believe he been here 11 yrs now I think...was hurt a bit atfirst and we kept having to trot him out there less than 100 percent because the cupboards were baren....he has put in the time and full dues here as part of the culture with Big Stan...he doesn't get a lot of the credit he's due really....his voice carries a lot of clout inside the walls of the locker room

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Good ones for sure.  I can recall sitting in the stands when they played Ottawa.  There were literally no throws to #randleisland

Nevis was later though, together with the Jeffs, Richardson and Thomas - THAT DL was a world of hurt

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Neuf too....he was the first pillar actually.....hard to believe he been here 11 yrs now I think...was hurt a bit atfirst and we kept having to trot him out there less than 100 percent because the cupboards were baren....he has put in the time and full dues here as part of the culture with Big Stan...he doesn't get a lot of the credit he's due really....his voice carries a lot of clout inside the walls of the locker room

That’s right too, mid season trade. Ssk kept trying to use him at tackle back in the day hah.

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Jay Detain? Still scored more TDs than Kito Poblah in the end!

We were soo desperate for Canadian talent and took chances on all the high upside guys. Some worked out, a bunch did not lol. 

13 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Good ones for sure.  I can recall sitting in the stands when they played Ottawa.  There were literally no throws to #randleisland

Nevis was later though, together with the Jeffs, Richardson and Thomas - THAT DL was a world of hurt

yeah if they tracked it I bet he would’ve set records for least completions against in multiple years. 
Yeah Nevis was 17, he was the biggest get for a long time though. Not a lot of others teams were onto how good guys like Randle really were. 
 Nevis when next to stove was insane. The dl was soo deep then. 

7 hours ago, Rich said:

What about everyone’s favorite … Jade Etienne?

He had that one two TD, multiple reception game where he scored twice running a pick with the goalpost. And never was heard from before or after. I feel like he could have been something if properly developed. 

6 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Nick Moore is another that comes to mind. The signing never paid off on the field as he couldn't stay on the field but I think that signing demonstrated we were a place that some top FA talent wanted to be. 

7 hours ago, K-Shack said:

He had that one two TD, multiple reception game where he scored twice running a pick with the goalpost. And never was heard from before or after. I feel like he could have been something if properly developed. 

Nick Moore is another that comes to mind. The signing never paid off on the field as he couldn't stay on the field but I think that signing demonstrated we were a place that some top FA talent wanted to be. 

Poor nik Moore. Darn good wr think he was in the running for league lead when he got hurt his last year here 900 yards and 4tds. Couldn’t stay healthy such a shame. 

7 hours ago, K-Shack said:

I dont know about that. The guy was like 6'4'' and 155lbs. Evert time i saw him i expected the Headless Horseman to show up behind him.

sucks to go out not on your own terms, but this may spell the end...earliest he will be back at his age is likely now/labor day next yr. So consider the transition process in effect now, and would be prudent with PR expansion to also get some guys in for a look, and as well give Ayers and Jones now legit looks...and if Biggie does rehab and get back to game ready, I think it would be again a dumb move to re-insert him especially if we have new young blood playing well. He will tho be a valuable guy during this and next season as a set of eyes and a coach for us as he rehabs...with salary not on the books...I can see him being an excellent coach

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

sucks to go out not on your own terms, but this may spell the end...earliest he will be back at his age is likely now/labor day next yr. So consider the transition process in effect now, and would be prudent with PR expansion to also get some guys in for a look, and as well give Ayers and Jones now legit looks...and if Biggie does rehab and get back to game ready, I think it would be again a dumb move to re-insert him especially if we have new young blood playing well. He will tho be a valuable guy during this and next season as a set of eyes and a coach for us as he rehabs...with salary not on the books...I can see him being an excellent coach

Hate to see a career like Biggie's end like this, but I think him coming back would be a long shot. That's not a knock on Biggie, just the reality really. I hope he can bring his intangibles to the table for us in a different way for many years to come.

21 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Blue bombers web page was the source. also, it was right before week 8. 

It was after 6 games in 2013 he became interim GM. He then went onto a 2-10 record for the rest of the year.

20 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Were there not tons of stories about how he constantly disagreed with the draft picks the team was making?

No. However, there was speculation to that regard. Walters never really stated anything publically.

16 hours ago, Stickem said:

don't forget Faith Ekakitie.........ouch

Faith Ekakitie was a Kyle Walters miss.

16 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Kyle Walters has his own big whiff draft picks to cry about.

55 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Hate to see a career like Biggie's end like this, but I think him coming back would be a long shot. That's not a knock on Biggie, just the reality really. I hope he can bring his intangibles to the table for us in a different way for many years to come.

It was after 6 games in 2013 he became interim GM. He then went onto a 2-10 record for the rest of the year.

No. However, there was speculation to that regard. Walters never really stated anything publically.

You should have the bombers update their page. 

49 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Faith Ekakitie was a Kyle Walters miss.

Kyle Walters has his own big whiff draft picks to cry about.

like I said, atleast with Walter’s picks you can see the upside and logic. Vs picks like pencer oooh he big. 

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

I believe he has another year left that being said I think his time as a Bomber has come to an abrupt end.

He said it’s not the end of 4, but he has to be stopped from coming back. He is about to turn 36 and hasn’t been 100% for a year and a half to two years. He never should’ve played hurt down the stretch last year. Hes dropped off soo bad since early last year it’s scary.  Dude needs to prioritize health and quality of life now. 
 I’d be stoked to have him coach lbers. Stanley can be shuffled to another spot. We need a reshuffle on some ast coaches bad any way. 

32 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

You should have the bombers update their page. 

like I said, atleast with Walter’s picks you can see the upside and logic. Vs picks like pencer oooh he big. 

I suppose the Bombers should update their page if they are saying differently.  Lots of public record confirming what I am saying. Mack was fired after a 1-5 start and the interim tag given to assistant GM Kyle Walters at that point.

Edited by GCn20