Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

8 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

If Lawler and or Schoen do come back next year I think Walters should be looking at the signing bonuses he is giving out to them.

This year there was minimal cap savings with these guys out of of the line-up due to the size of their signing bonuses (Lawler 150k, Schoen 105k).

The bonuses help keep the overall contract totals lower but the team would be better off if they decreased the bonuses incase the players get injured again. Especially in Schoen's case if he needs to start next season on the 6 game.

FOR 2025 I bet Schoen wont get much of a signing bonus....soley due to him being in rehab mode...H e may get a rater bonus at such and such a date tho into the yr if he is ready tho

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

I wonder what our salary situation is this season?  I wonder "if" we can do some creative math and use this years money to lower the salaries for the next few seasons for those 2 guys.  

well we have Biggies remainder...Most of Wilson and Fox...part of Schoen and Lawler...all of Lawson...and I would let rest of Woli sit on 6 game to close out season .that been off the books....so you would think whatever saving from that would be used as 2025 bonus paid this yr

31 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Clercius would be on a 3 year rookie deal (2 years plus a team option for the 3rd year) since he's a national.

yup..we will have 2 more yrs of Clercius on the cheap....and Wilson/Wheatfall with another cheap yr...which helps

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Most of Schoen is off the books, Lawler had a good chunk on the six game. No Lawson. Biggie off now too. I have a hard time believing they are up against it. I honestly think things look good to bring a lot of guys back and pay them what they're worth. Renegotiate this year and use that 6 game money as signing bonuses

yeah you read my mind...we should be alright....plus prob reason as to why we never nrought any vet in or made a deal....looking toward 2025 and using any savings this yr to off-set the 2025 SMS with parts of next yr used in 2024

43 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Clercius would be on a 3 year rookie deal (2 years plus a team option for the 3rd year) since he's a national.

yeah but don't you know the third year option isn't really an option at all... the team can only offer a slight pay increase... 😉

Clercius still on the cheap, Dalton will take the obligatory shave because of his injury, and Lawler will likely have to take a shave as well due to production. I see absolutely no reason why we can't and wouldn't sign both guys and for a lot cheaper possible SMS hit than what we had going into this year. If I were a betting man I'd say Schoen at about 175k with minimal signing bonus but lots of games started bonus available. Lawler at about 180k...a fair deal for both sides imo. We keep both Wilson and Wheatfall and possibly go with extra IMP receiver next year. What a receiving corps that would be....Schoen, Lawler, Wilson, Wheatfall, Demski with Woli/Clercius rotating in to keep guys fresh or if ratio calls for it.

Edited by GCn20

25 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Just in case people are forgetting...

WPG 18 108 70 1441 368 16 20.6 81

WPG 16 111 71 1222 314 10 17.2

That's what some people think is expendable because wheatfall has 2 big touchdown catches and Wilson might crack 1000 yards...

Exactly!  I’d give Schoen every opportunity to come back next year. 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

If you hear the way Collaros talks about Schoen I doubt they ever part ways until Collaros is done.

Schoen's strengths are what has been missing from our passing game all year. I don't care what Wilson and Wheatfall are capable of, they don't bring to the table of our receiving corps what Schoen does. Different styles entirely. 

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

interesting that Jason Person is listed to our PR on the CFL transaction page on Sept 19... yet nothing on the Bombers website anywhere...

Scott still listed on bluebombers.com last I looked 2 hours ago 

https://www.bluebombers.com/roster/

yup. Still listed. No person tho. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

interesting that Jason Person is listed to our PR on the CFL transaction page on Sept 19... yet nothing on the Bombers website anywhere...

yeah I was wondering about tht,,,,havnt ben able to make it to practice in a while...has anyone...and if so...seen him?

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Habba off for fox would be a huge win. 
 Hope Adams is good to go. 
Wallace and feltmate will make for a tough call. Feltmate brings a lot on teams and blocking but Wallace would be our best G off the bench if any one goes down other than kola. 

I’d love to see a 30 front with woods fox and Adams. Good luck. 

yeah...they would definately get serious push into the pocket

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

true but that news is only a couple days old... would be understandable if it wasn't updated yet... Person was apparently added to the roster nearly two weeks ago... has any media ever mentioned him? Tait or DT? Can anyone confirm he's actually joined the team?

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

true but that news is only a couple days old... would be understandable if it wasn't updated yet... Person was apparently added to the roster nearly two weeks ago... has any media ever mentioned him? Tait or DT? Can anyone confirm he's actually joined the team?

Devin Adams played last game and is listed on the PR still. 

18 minutes ago, Goalie said:

https://www.bluebombers.com/roster/

yup. Still listed. No person tho. 

Maybe not on that page but they definitely announced it on the site:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/09/30/blue-bombers-transactions-september-30