Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

The CFL.ca transactions page is linked directly to the league office who does end of day updates on a daily basis

The Bombers website is not updated regularly at all

If a transaction has happened, it’s on the transaction page. 

POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT: this was (is?) how WinnipegGordo and I were able to “break news” or give people the heads up on team moves for years. After agents stopped wanting to share news in Twitter DMs and I got too old to go to parties with the players, the transaction page was the only way to find “news” ahead of anyone aside from being connected to the league office.

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

interesting that Jason Person is listed to our PR on the CFL transaction page on Sept 19... yet nothing on the Bombers website anywhere...

You're just lazy to find it 

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/09/19/blue-bombers-add-to-practice-roster-2/

Edited by M.O.A.B.

https://www.cfl.ca/2024/10/03/one-more-pick-why-tyrell-ford-deserves-to-be-voted-all-cfl/

Interesting to see some of the more advanced metrics they are keeping track of for DBs. Milligan is getting a lot of heat for MODP because he is up there on a lot of the counting stats but its good to see that Ford is right there with him in a lot of the metrics that matter for a corner.

31 minutes ago, ShyGuy said:

https://www.cfl.ca/2024/10/03/one-more-pick-why-tyrell-ford-deserves-to-be-voted-all-cfl/

Interesting to see some of the more advanced metrics they are keeping track of for DBs. Milligan is getting a lot of heat for MODP because he is up there on a lot of the counting stats but its good to see that Ford is right there with him in a lot of the metrics that matter for a corner.

Two penalties is really impressive, especially on soo many deep targets. Also the PFF stat at the end is heavily tilted towards valuing tackles with no regard for their depth etc. so for ford to be ahead of the tackling dummy, that’s really some thing. 

31 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I don't think the club ever gave a timeline but, iirc, it was reported that Lawson was done for the year.

Yup. Don’t think we have any shot of seeing him again this year. 

Youtube hero Calgary Stampeders Classics has uploaded a real interesting old Bomber game. This is the Jay Walker game from 1998 where JW looked real good beating the tar out of the Argos at the tail end of a lost season.

That was the only game he ever played for the Blue, he wanted more money than Ken Bishop wanted to pay for a guy who might well have been just a one-game wonder ... but I've always wondered what might have been if Walker had been in the mix in 1999.

Edited by johnzo

2 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Calgary Stampeders Classics has uploaded a real interesting old Bomber game. This is the Jay Walker game from 1998 where JW looked real good beating the tar out of the Argos at the tail end of a lost season.

That was the only game he ever played for the Blue, he wanted more money than Ken Bishop wanted to pay for a guy who might well have been just a one-game wonder ... but I've always wondered what might have been if Walker had been in the mix in 1999.

I was at that game. My Dad still swears Jay Walker was the one who got away. 

3 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Calgary Stampeders Classics has uploaded a real interesting old Bomber game. This is the Jay Walker game from 1998 where JW looked real good beating the tar out of the Argos at the tail end of a lost season.

Blount! Dubuc! Fleming!

Good times.

In an alternate universe somewhere there is a statue of Jay Walker outside of the stadium in Point Douglas.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I was at that game. My Dad still swears Jay Walker was the one who got away. 

Jay Walker with the the best performance out of nowhere since, ironically, Troy Kopp.

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Blount! Dubuc! Fleming!

Good times.

In an alternate universe somewhere there is a statue of Jay Walker outside of the stadium in Point Douglas.

Jay Walker with the the best performance out of nowhere since, ironically, Troy Kopp.

Or the old Canada Packers site! 

Also, Mitch Running could have been a star with a better QB.