Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

So I remember listening to the CJOB pre game show for the season opener and Tait, DT and Big Bird go around the table and say "What Will The Bombers Record Be After The First 4 Games" and Tait said unequivocally, "4-0!". So after that first month.... I couldn't stop thinking "ah jeeze that really went sideways for poor Ed..." But damned if they haven't pulled the nose of the plane back up....

Stumbled upon this old game on YouTube from 1963, it features Ron Lancaster and George Reed and is well worth watching through for it's many oddities, one of which is the insane playoff structure the CFL employed back then, the Western team would have to win 4 or 5 playoff games to make the GC while the Eastern team only 1.

Edited by Fatty Liver

3 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Stumbled upon this old game on YouTube from 1963, it features Ron Lancaster and George Reed and is well worth watching through for it's many oddities, one of which is the insane playoff structure the CFL employed back then.

How the hell was that pass at 7:05 not ruled incomplete?!? How in gods name is that a catch and fumble lmfao? Refs were gifting the Riders wins even back then!

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

So I remember listening to the CJOB pre game show for the season opener and Tait, DT and Big Bird go around the table and say "What Will The Bombers Record Be After The First 4 Games" and Tait said unequivocally, "4-0!". So after that first month.... I couldn't stop thinking "ah jeeze that really went sideways for poor Ed..." But damned if they haven't pulled the nose of the plane back up....

I did a break down before the win streak about how we’d need to split all our series and find ways to steal a couple extra wins to get back into the race. Instead, we just won all of them to date lol. 
 Nice to be able to turn that on. Be nicer if it wasn’t just turned off to start the year. Training camp/ pre season lasted like 2.5 months this year it was brutal lol 

3 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Stumbled upon this old game on YouTube from 1963, it features Ron Lancaster and George Reed and is well worth watching through for it's many oddities, one of which is the insane playoff structure the CFL employed back then, the Western team would have to win 4 or 5 playoff games to make the GC while the Eastern team only 1.

I find the blood splattering on this still a bit troubling.