Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

46 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

That away uniform with actual old gold pants should have been our alternate before that hockey nonsense, (ideally our permanent road set but I understand why people/the club like the current ones) 

Agree...those uni's are mint

ac286cc06db50149a4f7f9022041be9b.jpgSpecifically this shade of “old gold” that they used from 86-88, as they used a slightly different (imo better) variant for those 3 years

To me, this is the perfect Bomber road set.  

1986_Winnipeg.pngYou can see the difference here, as they’d worn the older, slightly duller and more mustardy shade from 70-85, including 1986 exhibition. 

Also, little trivia- the club wore white pants at home with royal blue jerseys and gold helmets, for just one season, 1965. 
1965_Winnipeg.pngI kind of dig them actually, especially the massive back numbers. I’d like to see them someday as a one-off retro for a HOF game or something. 

6 hours ago, Booch said:

Why they so pushing that...but Ford hardly gets a mention...Ford same int's and has better pass defence metrics...on a better team..

I respect what hes done this year, but, I dont expect him to turn out to be some bonafide db year in and year out.

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

The ‘65 furthest right uni’s, blue and especially white (the flashings on the arms) really catch my eye. Great post! 

Same, they’re so unique without differing  too much from their traditional look. 

Man I’m a huge football uni nerd, I could talk about that **** all day. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Same, they’re so unique without differing  too much from their traditional look. 

Man I’m a huge football uni nerd, I could talk about that **** all day. 

Agreed! Yet for me, the ‘65’s ARE the traditional look! 

your post totally reminds of the larger numbers on the back. Loved that too. 

Do I remember this correctly, the pants back then, were the fronts “shiny” material and the back of the legs were “matte”? 

Edited by Rod Black

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'm hoping he means Milligan...

I greatly deteste the Riders but Milligan seems to be the real stuff. Also appreciated learning he’s actually pretty quiet and lets his playing talk for him. Thinking the Riders could benefit in having that a bit more.

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

Agreed! Yet for me, the ‘65’s ARE the traditional look! 

your post totally reminds of the larger numbers on the back. Loved that too. 

Do I remember this correctly, the pants back then, were the fronts “shiny” material and the back of the legs were “matte”? 

It’s hard to tell cause a lot of the photos were b&w but I’ve for sure seen some from the early 60s where the pants were shinier on one side s-l140.jpg You can kind of see it here 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

21 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I greatly deteste the Riders but Milligan seems to be the real stuff. Also appreciated learning he’s actually pretty quiet and lets his playing talk for him. Thinking the Riders could benefit in having that a bit more.

I’d have to agree, though begrudgingly since it’s Sask. Still think Ford is the better player, but Milligan’s no jobber. 

I didn’t realize he was 30. I hope they overpay the **** out of him and extend his deal past ‘25. 

20 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

NFL bound this offseason according to X. His mother apparently been tweeting for a couple months about it.

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

NFL bound this offseason according to X. His mother apparently been tweeting for a couple months about it.

30 yr old db...who doesnt flash exceptional testing numbers...ok...yup...Ford has more a chance than Milligan

Dont get me wrong...Milligan is good....but not the way they making him out to be,..He's the best DB in a bad secondary...who get thrown at a ton....certainly he gonna make plays....but this MOP talk is just baseless....He certainly earns Sask MODP award tho....

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

30 yr old db...who doesnt flash exceptional testing numbers...ok...yup...Ford has more a chance than Milligan

Dont get me wrong...Milligan is good....but not the way they making him out to be,..He's the best DB in a bad secondary...who get thrown at a ton....certainly he gonna make plays....but this MOP talk is just baseless....He certainly earns Sask MODP award tho....

Not a tough accomplishment since their defence is atrocious this year.