Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

On 2024-10-05 at 3:37 PM, Booch said:

But they also like to yammer on kid Canada...blah blah blah...yet here is a Canadian born...and trained...db...one of best in league...on best defence and they'd rather yap about cover-alls a QB who came back and looks like what he is...good (kinda) but not all world..and make excuses for him yet VA was doing just fine with same cast of characters and a DB on the worst pass defence in the league cause he got a mityfull of interceptions in bunches early 

Like I said earlier, the rest of the league want to screw over Brady. Again. I wouldn't be surprised if Rider brass pays the media off to vote for Milligan. 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Like I said earlier, the rest of the league want to screw over Brady. Again. I wouldn't be surprised if Rider brass pays the media off to vote for Milligan. 

Don't mistake incompetence for malice. Incompetence takes a lot less effort.

Edited by Tracker

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/10/08/blue-bombers-transactions-october-8/

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to practice roster:
American linebacker Bryce Notree (6-3, 225, Southern Illinois)
American offensive lineman Chris Walker (6-6, 305, Montana)

Released from practice roster:
American quarterback Darren Grainger
American defensive linenman Brandon Wright

18 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/10/08/blue-bombers-transactions-october-8/

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to practice roster:
American linebacker Bryce Notree (6-3, 225, Southern Illinois)
American offensive lineman Chris Walker (6-6, 305, Montana)

Released from practice roster:
American quarterback Darren Grainger
American defensive linenman Brandon Wright

hmmmm...Is Notree gonna be one those Maston/taylor type late yr moves that totally solidified us...both those were looked at as meh type moves by most

I liked what Notree brought in games he played...versatile and athletic....perfect fit for what we do...plus he has experience and knows the league/players

30 minutes ago, bearpants said:

The funny thing about Ford for MODP... is I'm not even sure he's the second best DB on our team... nevermind the best

Curious who you would rank above him.  An argument could definitely be made for Nichols, who else would you consider?

1 minute ago, Sard said:

Curious who you would rank above him.  An argument could definitely be made for Nichols, who else would you consider?

I'd say Nichols....Then Ford and Bonds a close second...interchangeable raelly tho teams tend to avoid Bonds...a lot....Griffin factors in there too in the top 3....he's been lights out in all his roles....Holm has been...well Holm...decent...does some good things but has been beat a lot...and lacks physicality...I soooo wanna see him at Safety....All-star there 

Kramdi...tho "tchnically" a line backer....I will give him props with his work in the box and mucking it up close to line of scrimmage...He goes hard and has made impact plays.....but cover wise...scares the crap outta me and is not good in that role...Hence why I think Younger likes to throw in Griffin and Hallett/Kelly...

BA when traditional safety playing over the top  and in tandem is good...alone in space...man sometimes I wonder wtf he doing....yikes

Just now, blue85gold said:

Other than that one game against the Elks, Bonds has been pretty much a shut down corner.

Bonds has been elite....most games you never hear his name....and even see him much in the TV view...there a reason for that

1 hour ago, Booch said:

hmmmm...Is Notree gonna be one those Maston/taylor type late yr moves that totally solidified us...both those were looked at as meh type moves by most

I liked what Notree brought in games he played...versatile and athletic....perfect fit for what we do...plus he has experience and knows the league/players

I feel like we already have a few of those moves too.

2 hours ago, Sard said:

I'd have Bonds and Nichols ahead of him... the reason Bonds doesn't have sexy stats is because no one throws at him... why does no one throw at him? because he always has his receiver locked down

Caveat: I'm no expert at anything... just my opinion

5 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I'd have Bonds and Nichols ahead of him... the reason Bonds doesn't have sexy stats is because no one throws at him... why does no one throw at him? because he always has his receiver locked down

Caveat: I'm no expert at anything... just my opinion

you are not wrong....he doesnt have the fancy stats...he just gets the job done and is avoided for most part