Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

39 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Happy ZC day to all that celebrate!

One of my all time favorite memories as a bomber fan. Being in the crowd and watching that we all knew we really had some thing. I’ll never forget total randos hugging me with joy. We knew in that moment for the first time in a long time we could win any game any way. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Right after this play- I recall telling my buddy, "We're winning the Cup, this year."

After that game I knew we were going to get to the cup but wasn't sure how the game would go. I told anyone who would listen that it was going to be Winnipeg vs Hamilton in the GC...

Edited by Noeller

35 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

One of my all time favorite memories as a bomber fan. Being in the crowd and watching that we all knew we really had some thing. I’ll never forget total randos hugging me with joy. We knew in that moment for the first time in a long time we could win any game any way. 

And yet you say ZC has "wear" :)

I’ll be honest with you guys, I still had zero faith in 2019 until the WSF. Finally winning IN Calgary made me realize it was something special. 

That long TD from Collaros to Adams, with Cuthberts call “Going deep for Adams….and he’s got him!”

One of my favourite moments as a fan, still gives me chills to this day. 

53 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’ll be honest with you guys, I still had zero faith in 2019 until the WSF. Finally winning IN Calgary made me realize it was something special.  That long TD from Collaros to Adams, with Cuthberts call “Going deep for Adams….and he’s got him!”

yeah, until the WSF win I had the magical play mentally filed under "just another Robert Marve-style crowd pleaser."

the dagger play of the WSF ... that was when I started to believe.

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Darvin Adams was underrated.

Darvin Adams caught the winning TD for us in OT in 2021.  What a great way for him to go out, he led the Bomber passing game for so many years.... 

Edited by johnzo

48 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’ll be honest with you guys, I still had zero faith in 2019 until the WSF. Finally winning IN Calgary made me realize it was something special. 

That long TD from Collaros to Adams, with Cuthberts call “Going deep for Adams….and he’s got him!”

One of my favourite moments as a fan, still gives me chills to this day. 

I was the same.  But for me it was more watching the secondary completely befuddle BLM...that was immensely entertaining.

Darvin was soooo underrated, and vital part also to our turn around and how our receiving group goes about it's business...even today....he was a huge influence

Never liked how he went out here, should have been better in my opinion....Or even have a one day signing and retire as a Bomber and have him up in front of a big crowd....

Darvin was a decent receiver... not an all time great that people are making him out to be here.   Getting rid of him was the right thing to do considering guys like Lawler/Schoen were light years better then him.    

I remember on here people making the same excuses that they would make with Bailey in saying that he was a great blocker and so valuable to the team.  Which translates to "We are too nice to say this guy isn't as good as he used to be and should be replaced".   

10 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Darvin was a decent receiver... not an all time great that people are making him out to be here.   Getting rid of him was the right thing to do considering guys like Lawler/Schoen were light years better then him.    

I remember on here people making the same excuses that they would make with Bailey in saying that he was a great blocker and so valuable to the team.  Which translates to "We are too nice to say this guy isn't as good as he used to be and should be replaced".   

Adams tho...showed...and lead by example the blocking aspect, and what/how to run your routes when you were not getting the ball....and that has continued after him. And from what I know would hold a player accountable when they let up...he was a leader

He also made a lot of big catches for us....big

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Not a single person called him an all time great... Just that he was underrated, which he definitely was outside of Winnipeg. He was a great route runner, pass catcher and exceptional blocker. 

I didn't say anyone called him that,  I said that they made him out to be like one and one person said how he left town wasn't good.   The truth is the guy would have 1 really good game and then 4 games where he would disappear and do nothing.    He had 2 mediocre seasons in a row once we had a real QB and recruited talented receivers.  It made 100% sense why the team would move on from a guy like that.     This is exactly the same as Rasheed Bailey... the guy wasn't consistent enough.  Darvin lasted one season after leaving us and then disappeared... Bailey lasted only a few weeks in Toronto and can't even crack the Redblacks roster over the last month.   These kind of guys are "over rated" on this board.  

5 hours ago, Piggy 1 said:

And yet you say ZC has "wear" :)

He has all the wear in the world lol. He was badly broken before that time. He’s reduced further now. I think if we win this year he hangs em up. 

Adam’s would’ve been  lot better in his career if he played with zach for years. And if he could stay healthy. Love the guy though. 

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

I didn't say anyone called him that,  I said that they made him out to be like one and one person said how he left town wasn't good.   The truth is the guy would have 1 really good game and then 4 games where he would disappear and do nothing.    He had 2 mediocre seasons in a row once we had a real QB and recruited talented receivers.  It made 100% sense why the team would move on from a guy like that.     This is exactly the same as Rasheed Bailey... the guy wasn't consistent enough.  Darvin lasted one season after leaving us and then disappeared... Bailey lasted only a few weeks in Toronto and can't even crack the Redblacks roster over the last month.   These kind of guys are "over rated" on this board.  

The last couple years of Darvin's time here were mired in injuries and inconsistency, but he did give us a few really good years of production and big play capability. You are correct that it was time to move on, but you are also glossing over a number of years he was a consistent 1000 yard guy for us that played football the right way. Bailey was a warrior who did everything we asked of him and did it for peanuts. Are we better off without him....well with the emergence of Wheatfall and Wilson it would be pretty hard to argue that we aren't. He played his heart out for us though. Over rated...maybe...but that's because fans respected his game.

21 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

11:33 for the the play in the WSF. Huge play. 
All of Adams TDs included to turn this into an appreciation thread. 

Man miss Cuthbert doing games

On a different note at around 10:40....hmmm...Strev....drops back in pocket....delivers a strike for a TD...just like a guy playing Actual QB...Who'da thunk....an there is a lot of highlights of that if you actually go look...the gimmicky stuff is just ruining him

19 hours ago, johnzo said:

then you compare it to the clutch goal-line play that Nichols made in the 2021 Grey Cup...

still get chills thinking about that play!

19 hours ago, blue85gold said:

He also made the play on the ball in OT that was then tipped for the INT.

did he?... I could've sworn it was Rose scooping it to Wilson for the INT... unless there's anther part of the play I'm not remembering 

18 hours ago, blue85gold said:

Happy ZC day to all that celebrate!

speaking of chills!