Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

It was a factor in our losses for sure. The only factor? Nope. There were multiple reasons we lost that game and most of them were not on the coaching. My objection is that you guys say that with better coaching we would have won...and it's only partially true..we also needed about a half dozen brain cramps, busted coverages, and poor QB decisions,  back as well. Had we played a clean game up to the level of our lineup we had it's quite possible that roster usage may not have mattered

I agree as well....but part of the better coaching part...was putting the right guys on the roster too....and possibly better preparing the ones who were

2023...at minimum 5 guys who were too hurt to play....and then having a couple guys on sidelines who could have...not step on field....thats on coaching

Removing a seasoned play-off vet like Rose for no real particular reason as he was not playing poorly.....thats on coaches

ZC against the Argo's in 2022....was very apparent he was not able to play at a level required due to injury...and yet...was kept in....again...poor coaching....if anything they should have let the n=backup get 1 or 2 series to see if it added a spark

Dressing an undermanned and underwhelming dline for that game....who puts out that roster?....the coach

I won't go on about it but beyond some the underwhelming performance by some of our guys...our coaching further handi-capped things....hope we have learned 

when I look at bad in game play...wth broken coverage....poor qb decisions....missed assignments...I look toward the lead up prep and how staffs I have been part have had taken each group...ran thru scenarios...all the alterations they may see...and how you adjust and make sure guys are all on same page and are aware of things they may not have even considered....which can minimize and for most part eliminate busts...etc....I am of the belief we don't coach that up enough and Osh puts too much faith in the guys in the room and the vets are on top of it and doing it....hands off at times is good to a point, but you also have to still be that coach and be certain all the boxes are checked...T's crossed and i's dotted...He has himself even admitted that he doesn't do that....maybe he should....The TD that won it against us in last yr's Grey Cup was Houston lack of seeing things...and knowing that pattern...Rose would have easily sniffed that out....but Rose was in civies

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

It was a factor in our losses for sure. The only factor? Nope. There were multiple reasons we lost that game and most of them were not on the coaching. My objection is that you guys say that with better coaching we would have won...and it's only partially true..we also needed about a half dozen brain cramps, busted coverages, and poor QB decisions,  back as well. Had we played a clean game up to the level of our lineup we had it's quite possible that roster usage may not have mattered

It’s certainly not the only factor. 
 I think you can fairly compare being out coached in game plan and adjustments/play call to roster management. As well as player readiness and execution, which is a good part coaching as well. 
 You’re right too that in several roles we’ve simply not played at the level you’d expect. Wj, zach, and a bunch of other guys haven’t lived up to their own standards. With good to great coaching you don’t see that as much but it still happens. 
we largely put prep out side of film and playbook install on the locker room. When that fails, the blame has to be split. When it happens repeatedly, it’s much more on coaching. 

On 2024-10-21 at 5:21 PM, Jpan85 said:

Not sure if this on track or ahead of schedule but Streveler posted a video of his rehab the past month. Is already riding a stationary bike.

I saw that video. Glad to see he is going strong on his rehab. Some of the earlier pictures were nasty.