Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

hey....how bout let hium go back to his first few games where he threw for 6 td's and no int's....over 400 yards.....rushed for 130 yards and a TD......as a raw rookie....bet he can do better than that now....heck....let him play total QB like last yr at SD where he threw over 4100 yards...and 32 TD's and also rushed for over 700 yards and 11 more TD's....theres a thought

He had a sick streak that year for games with out any turn overs too. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Right? I use those DB fundamentals to chase my 2 year old all the time haha

Agree 100%. Strev can sling it as well as any QB in the league if he gets the chance. 

Anyone who doesn’t think so, go watch his first 2 starts when the actually let him play QB. 

Yeah he can put it together, just don’t let him call the game 

Haha yep, I never thought that would be a useful life skill. One day he's going to learn a double move and put me on my ass though I know it. Need to start holding new dad mini camps. Help guys round out the skill set. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

He had a sick streak that year for games with out any turn overs too. 

Haha yep, I never thought that would be a useful life skill. One day he's going to learn a double move and put me on my ass though I know it. Need to start holding new dad mini camps. Help guys round out the skill set. 

Mine are just way more explosive than me. I'll get em over distance but little buggers get away before I can react. Though I did get the big 3rd down stuff the other day, kid was trying to go over top the pile from one couch to the other and I timed that **** right and got him midair before he crossed the plane.

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Mine are just way more explosive than me. I'll get em over distance but little buggers get away before I can react. Though I did get the big 3rd down stuff the other day, kid was trying to go over top the pile from one couch to the other and I timed that **** right and got him midair before he crossed the plane.

Ahh yes the classic biggie stuff. Mine cant control his 2nd gear yet, so I can keep up for now. But boy it's getting hard. He has no fear at all. He went for the plunge off the couch on me and got soo high he almost went over my shoulder. Could a been ugly, but I got him. Cant lose to a toddler now can I, its not a 4 stripe house after all. 

Just watched the video from Lapo. I focused on Lofton and damn he got really owned. Kolo wasn't great, but like some of the other posters have mentioned...glad we've got a couple of guys on the PR that can play tackle. Well hopefully play tackle. Our most important player has got to be protected, and Lofton needs to step up his game.

24 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Just watched the video from Lapo. I focused on Lofton and damn he got really owned. Kolo wasn't great, but like some of the other posters have mentioned...glad we've got a couple of guys on the PR that can play tackle. Well hopefully play tackle. Our most important player has got to be protected, and Lofton needs to step up his game.

The thing is, neither guy on the PR is a natural tackle. Both are guys that teams have tried to convert to RT a bit. Vanterpool, is really talented but his vaunted stretch of play was all at right guard. Randolph had more starts at TE than T, and the vast majority of his games were also at RG. Both bama and hawaii used them in a pinch at RT, and NFL teams tried to convert both to RT as well, but neither stuck that long.  Both are the same situation as Lofton, just younger greener guys. (Both with more upside, especially vanterpool)

Either one of those guys would be a fine developmental player. But we are in a situation where we may well need an IMP T to step in and start from the PR this year, and we don't have a guy who would leave us better than kicking most any of our roster guys over to RT. It's a bad situation to be in. I was disappointed at the relatively few/low  quality/late reps that both guys got in pre season. 

Lofton is 31 and has never shown a fraction of what richmond showed, who is still 28. 

19 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

No thanks. Nuef isnt a tackle.

He isn’t, but he isn’t worse than Lofton either. I’d go Eli at guard and neuf at T rather than Lofton at guard. 
 But really we need to get rid of atleast one pr ol and bring in a real T. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Isn't Neufeld a natural RT that was converted to G, or am I misremembering....

Yeah he played tackle for U of S and started there with the Riders too.

2 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Wonder if they’d consider Vanterpool at guard while kicking Neufeld out to tackle? 

Neufeld is cooked honestly.  He's struggling to get his feet going at guard.  I don't think at this point he'd be a reliable tackle.  Maybe 6 years ago.

4 hours ago, ddanger said:

Worth noting he showed like 8% of the offensive plays and the theme of the video was how Montreal's DL schemed to beat our OL.

8 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

The one spend that I wish Kyle would have made was to re-sign Desjarlais when he came back from the NFL (I know the decision came down to more than just money).   Imagine a line right now of:

Bryant  Desjarlais  Eli  Dobson  (insert right tackle here)

That would be all sorts of nasty.

Certainly (at least to me) the recruitment in free agency & drafting has gone off the rails. This organization used to be laser focused on what their needs were & went out & got them. Now, O'Shea fucks around with the roster by playing guys who shouldn't play agaiinst guys who should. O'Shea seems to have carte blanche to do what he wants with no accountability. We'll either be 12-6 or 6-12. I just can't see this team bouncing back in 2025 when we host the Grey Cup unless O'Shea leaves. 

10 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah he played tackle for U of S and started there with the Riders too.

Neufeld is cooked honestly.  He's struggling to get his feet going at guard.  I don't think at this point he'd be a reliable tackle.  Maybe 6 years ago.

Worth noting he showed like 8% of the offensive plays and the theme of the video was how Montreal's DL schemed to beat our OL.

Yep. He hasn’t been a T for a long long time. If he was 28 maybe you look at it seriously. Any year/Game could be his last. 

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Off topic but Road Griller seems to have resurfaced at the EP. Not making friends there for sure.

Ep? 

45 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Only silver lining on this start that I can see is that if there is a time of year to get your ass kicked and flaws exposed this is it.  Cups are often won by the team that gets hot late in the year (see 2019, 2022, 2023)

“The 2011 Lions started 0-5” 

- Everyone on TSN if we keep losing 

2 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

I wouldn't say I'm optimistic about a turnaround, BUT it is something that could happen. 

Not without some changes and that won’t happen. I think this is likely the end. We prob won’t win a game for a while. BC gonna kill us also cuz Osh will trot out 5 DL only next game and dress 3 running backs and run the ball 5 times all game. I hate saying this. Until O’Shea pulls his head out his ass, we aren’t going to win a game. And O’Shea won’t. Wanna simple thing. Cut Wilson and Mitchell. Do that at the least as they aren’t beloved vets. 

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Not without some changes and that won’t happen. I think this is likely the end. We prob won’t win a game for a while. BC gonna kill us also cuz Osh will trot out 5 DL only next game and dress 3 running backs and run the ball 5 times all game. I hate saying this. Until O’Shea pulls his head out his ass, we aren’t going to win a game. And O’Shea won’t. Wanna simple thing. Cut Wilson and Mitchell. Do that at the least as they aren’t beloved vets. 

I can see Wilson sent packing (or at least the the PR) but not both guys.  Josh Johnson can come on for Wilson but who would replace Mitchell on kick returns?  We just don't have a suitable replacement available at the moment.  If/when Chris Smith is healthy, they can make that change or they can go sign a guy like Worthy... otherwise we're stuck with Mitchell.

4 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I can see Wilson sent packing (or at least the the PR) but not both guys.  Josh Johnson can come on for Wilson but who would replace Mitchell on kick returns?  We just don't have a suitable replacement available at the moment.  If/when Chris Smith is healthy, they can make that change or they can go sign a guy like Worthy... otherwise we're stuck with Mitchell.

The guy living in the bus shack on portage could replace Mitchell. I mean how bout a guy who catches the ball ? Surely we have a few options. Bonds returns kicks also. Mitchell is a wasted roster spot. So is Wilson. So is neufeld  and so is Brandon Alexander who is also done done done. 

Edited by Goalie