Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeeeep. But they might delay it. Adam’s is being used soo much as an end and we use the 30 front more than the 40. 

It’s not a bunch is the problem. Dobson is a mauler. Eli, wallace but he’s raw. Neuf is toast. We could put out a killer road grading interior if we wanted. 

With Fox now hurt...a 30 front with Thomas and Or Schmekel would not serve us well...we need some bodies...legit ones not roster place holders

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

With Fox now hurt...a 30 front with Thomas and Or Schmekel would not serve us well...we need some bodies...legit ones not roster place holders

Didn’t hear one way or another how bad Fox injury was, or even see what happened. 

If he’s out long term, a 30 front of Willie/Woods/Adams wouldn’t be bad in itself but they’d still have to bring someone in. 

20 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Yeah, JY uses a lot of 30 front.
I actually like a lot of the looks on D, even if it’s by necessity due to injuries/personnel 

When they’ve blitzed it’s (so far) been less telegraphed than under Hall. 

Granted the lack of Offence, rookies gelling, injuries, I have no major beef with the defensive performance overall.
Room for improvement but the amount of points they’ve given up is more than good enough to win games with even borderline competent O and ST. 

Agree I’m a big fan of the 30, especially up here. You gain tremendous versatility, and way better pressure options. 
 The D is solid. If we’d get away from Thomas and biggie it’d be sick. 

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

Didn’t hear one way or another how bad Fox injury was, or even see what happened. 

If he’s out long term, a 30 front of Willie/Woods/Adams wouldn’t be bad in itself but they’d still have to bring someone in. 

There was a sequence where I thought I saw Fox bang up his arm/hand badly on a helmet.  Was holding his arm and maybe had one or two more plays then was out of the game.

What are Upshaw and Tre Thomas up to and would they come back.

Need a DL and like Karamoko but omg he got way too many snaps the other night.

20 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I believe it's his elbow..or arm...and yeah don't know yet what the severity 

24 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

There was a sequence where I thought I saw Fox bang up his arm/hand badly on a helmet.  Was holding his arm and maybe had one or two more plays then was out of the game.

What are Upshaw and Tre Thomas up to and would they come back.

Need a DL and like Karamoko but omg he got way too many snaps the other night.

Nothing that I know of. Tre Thomas was my TC favourite, as I posted a million times. 

Upshaw is probably more needed right now. 
Love to see either/or back. Probably wishful thinking. 

35 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Agree I’m a big fan of the 30, especially up here. You gain tremendous versatility, and way better pressure options. 
 The D is solid. If we’d get away from Thomas and biggie it’d be sick. 

Biggies past it for sure, but tbh I didn’t think he had a bad game. 
I’d rather him in the middle than Kyrie, if it’s gotta be one or the other. 

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Streveler can't carry this team. Maybe for a few games but not in the playoffs. We'll be worse off. 

If they actually let him play Quarterback, I think Streveler can get the job done. 

We’ve seen him play the intermediate and deep game in the past and do it well. If they pair that with a more creative running attack, I believe he can succeed. 

Seriously go watch his first 2 starts with the Bombers, before they gave him a gimmick. He can make the throws. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

47 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

If they actually let him play Quarterback, I think Streveler can get the job done. 

We’ve seen him play the intermediate and deep game in the past and do it well. If they pair that with a more creative running attack, I believe he can succeed. 

Seriously go watch his first 2 starts with the Bombers, before they gave him a gimmick. He can make the throws. 

That was 2018. He couldn't throw the ball back then. Is he better now? 

I'm not saying the guy can't play qb. All I'm saying was that Streveler struggled as the starter & Collaros was brought in as insurance at the time going into the playoffs in 19. He did have mechanical issues at the time & they were discussed here ad nauseum back in 2018 & 19. Booch & I talked about it quite a bit back then. Now, with 4 years as an NFL qb perhaps his mechanics are better. At least I hope so. Buck Pierce sees him throw everyday so he'd know. Pierce obviously isn't ready to give up on Zach just yet. 

14 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Highlight reels are wonderful, but it's up to Strev. to prove it this season if he wants to be anything more than a gimmick QB in the CFL. Two games down and the clock is ticking.

They have to actually give him the playbook before we start counting. When he's just asked to go in and run the ball on gimmick **** how is he supposed to show anything? Guy came into the league as a real qb and showed he could do it. then Lapo turned him into a gimmick. Do we think he's a worse passer now after multiple years of pro experience than he was as a rookie? 

We don't win the 2019 grey cup without Streveler. Guy wasn't signed to do Prukop things. Let the guy play because at this point I don't believe Collaros can carry this team either. What about those first two games makes anyone have confidence in him? Brutal ints, can't escape pressure, staring down receivers and forcing passes.... Yeah more of that for the highest paid player in the league. 

7 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Highlight reels are wonderful, but it's up to Strev. to prove it this season if he wants to be anything more than a gimmick QB in the CFL. Two games down and the clock is ticking.

The point of showing these highlight was, he physically CAN throw the ball, which a couple guys were saying he can’t, or has a weak arm. 

Will his decision making be sound? Can he consistently smoothly run the offence? We have no idea, but it sure isn’t a question of his arm.

I’m suggesting as others are that at the very least we use Strev as a legit 1B Quarterback when Zach is struggling  and not only bash n crash. 
I think if used correctly he could be closer to Dunnigan than Ken Hobart is what I’m trying to say. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm not saying the guy can't play qb. All I'm saying was that Streveler struggled as the starter & Collaros was brought in as insurance at the time going into the playoffs in 19. He did have mechanical issues at the time & they were discussed here ad nauseum back in 2018 & 19. Booch & I talked about it quite a bit back then. Now, with 4 years as an NFL qb perhaps his mechanics are better. At least I hope so. Buck Pierce sees him throw everyday so he'd know. Pierce obviously isn't ready to give up on Zach just yet. 

Strev (and the whole team) had 2 atrocious games in October of 2019, no doubt. Also a few very good-great ones before that. 
Did they not bring Collaros to start only after Streveler messed up his ankle though? 

We don’t win that cup without both, I’m just saying, without Strev getting hurt in the second-last regular season game that year, I don’t even think we see Zach take a meaningful snap as a Bomber. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

When we had that 2nd and 1, and didn't take the chance to drop back and do something with it... Instead just smashing it into th pile yet again..... I was so disappointed. Seemed like the perfect opportunity, but maybe that's why they didn't? Too obvious?

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

When we had that 2nd and 1, and didn't take the chance to drop back and do something with it... Instead just smashing it into th pile yet again..... I was so disappointed. Seemed like the perfect opportunity, but maybe that's why they didn't? Too obvious?

I don’t think they necessarily needed to drop back, but off tackle, zone read, something other than the basic wedge play would have been nice. 

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

In hindsight I think they knew they might need both attempts. The short yardage was anything but a gimmie.