Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

He was dating Princess Diana before she died..

wasn't Fayad in the car with her and also bit it.......seems to me

Anyway, I don't remember this guy at all in tc....Smith had a nice return for a td and seems to know what he's doing in the return game....AND I hope to hell we bring in Oakman for the D line......it's a mess 

Just now, Stickem said:

wasn't Fayad in the car with her and also bit it.......seems to me

Anyway, I don't remember this guy at all in tc....Smith had a nice return for a td and seems to know what he's doing in the return game....AND I hope to hell we bring in Oakman for the D line......it's a mess 

I think you’re right..

I don’t remember him in TC. I guess the guys that performed and got cut anyway said no thanks? 

5 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

The point of showing these highlight was, he physically CAN throw the ball, which a couple guys were saying he can’t, or has a weak arm. 

Will his decision making be sound? Can he consistently smoothly run the offence? We have no idea, but it sure isn’t a question of his arm.

I’m suggesting as others are that at the very least we use Strev as a legit 1B Quarterback when Zach is struggling  and not only bash n crash. 
I think if used correctly he could be closer to Dunnigan than Ken Hobart is what I’m trying to say. 

The team is not where they or anyone else expected them to be two games in, now they're fighting for their life with 2 tough games on the horizon and no easy matchup anywhere to be found.  They may have miscalculated the luxury they foresaw having allowing Strev. mucho reps closing out games with bountiful leads. 

The past shows, when O'Shea gets nervous about losing games he tends to coach more conservatively and rarely relaxes enough to provide backups of any stripe gametime to grow or further expand their role anytime 2 pts. are still on the line.   If anything he's probably going to tighten Bucks choke chain and we'll see less opportunity for Strev. to broaden his showcase, even though it could be a determining factor in securing victories.  We shall see.

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

Chris Smith and Ali Fayad back 

Haba and Fox on the 6

Love smith back hope he’s good to go. Really strange to cut him if he’s healthy already though. 
fayad is a strange pick. Why not rivers or even upshaw? Wasn’t fayad an early cut too? How do we not bring back rosery still lol. 

Yep fayad was hurt the first day of rookie camp and cut early but stayed around to rehab. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Love smith back hope he’s good to go. Really strange to cut him if he’s healthy already though. 
fayad is a strange pick. Why not rivers or even upshaw? Wasn’t fayad an early cut too? How do we not bring back rosery still lol. 

Sometimes it looks like we don't know what the hell we're doing and now are just retreading it......Certainly there was better talent cut but the guy running the show has gone brain-dead

13 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Didn’t hear one way or another how bad Fox injury was, or even see what happened. 

If he’s out long term, a 30 front of Willie/Woods/Adams wouldn’t be bad in itself but they’d still have to bring someone in. 

Do they have the LB depth to back that up?  Cole was largely invisible last game for some reason, everytime I thought I saw him it turned out to be Kramdi making plays.

3 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Do they have the LB depth to back that up?  Cole was largely invisible last game for some reason, everytime I thought I saw him it turned out to be Kramdi making plays.

I don’t believe they do. Unfortunately they don’t have the depth to back up the front 4 either lol 

56 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Love Smith back. Bye bye Mitchell 
Don’t really remember Fayad 

Haba and Fox is rough. 

Fayad was the Mac Defensive player of the year in 2021 with 13 sacks and 17 tackles for loss. The guy has a motor. If he didn’t get injured at the start of training camp you would have known who he is. Very intriguing prospect. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

55 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Sometimes it looks like we don't know what the hell we're doing and now are just retreading it......Certainly there was better talent cut but the guy running the show has gone brain-dead

To me it’s either, lazy because he’s here, they liked him best and didn’t care about the tc/pr evaluation, he’s basically become an old boys type guy being around, or the other two guys especially rivers did not want to come back to sit on our pr. Not a lot of good causes. 
 I can certainly see a combination of lazy local old boys club being a factor. I can also see a guy like rivers who was one of our best ends in pre season not being willing to come up and sit on the pr. Bunch of guys didn’t get a fair shake then with reps in game why would that change now? 

52 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

he has been in coverage when not blitzing, that’s why he’s less visible now. 

29 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Fayad was the Mac Defensive player of the year in 2021 with 13 sacks and 17 tackles for loss. The guy has a motor. If he didn’t get injured at the start of training camp you would have known who he is. Very intriguing prospect. 

he’s talented no doubt. Rivers story and accomplishments are no less impressive. I mean we had a ton of highly accomplished front 6 guys in camp. 

34 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

At this point rotate guys through rush end until you find an impact guy.  Can’t really know from practice with such little full contact.

You can tell pretty quick in games if guys have the burst and are disruptive.  If Fayad sucks…call the next guy.

3 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Strev (and the whole team) had 2 atrocious games in October of 2019, no doubt. Also a few very good-great ones before that. 
Did they not bring Collaros to start only after Streveler messed up his ankle though? 

We don’t win that cup without both, I’m just saying, without Strev getting hurt in the second-last regular season game that year, I don’t even think we see Zach take a meaningful snap as a Bomber. 

Collaros was acquired that week before the injury.  Then started the game after vs Calgary.

34 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

To me it’s either, lazy because he’s here, they liked him best and didn’t care about the tc/pr evaluation, he’s basically become an old boys type guy being around, or the other two guys especially rivers did not want to come back to sit on our pr. Not a lot of good causes. 
 I can certainly see a combination of lazy local old boys club being a factor. I can also see a guy like rivers who was one of our best ends in pre season not being willing to come up and sit on the pr. Bunch of guys didn’t get a fair shake then with reps in game why would that change now? 

People maybe don't realize accepting a PR position in a different country far from home and familiar faces for little pay is a pretty tough decision for any player to make.  Players who are overly confident in their ability might gamble that the next opportunity to play pro football will come along shortly, others won't have the confidence to make that decision and accept whatever is offered.  Rivers has a taste of fame on his resume which might open doors others don't have access to.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

When we had that 2nd and 1, and didn't take the chance to drop back and do something with it... Instead just smashing it into th pile yet again..... I was so disappointed. Seemed like the perfect opportunity, but maybe that's why they didn't? Too obvious?

YES.....that play I almost threw my beer.....lol.....That right there is how the season has been, we don't have desire, ambition, or the balls we need....

5 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

YES.....that play I almost threw my beer.....lol.....That right there is how the season has been, we don't have desire, ambition, or the balls we need....

Maybe add confidence to that list.

3 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

He was with Toronto in 2022 and looked quite good in the handful of games he played. I thought he was a lock to make the Argos last year but I guess they had too much INT depth on the d-line. I think he's gonna be a good player in this league. 

59 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Bringing back Fayad is lazy old boys club??? Literally makes zero sense. Terrible take

I agree. Bringing back Anthony Bennett or a Keion Adams or something would have been lazy. 

Fayed seems like a legit prospect, he was just injured so early on.
Plus, I’ll just be happy if he’s serviceable enough to let Adams go back inside and avoid any more Jake Thomas than necessary. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

he has been in coverage when not blitzing, that’s why he’s less visible now. 

he’s talented no doubt. Rivers story and accomplishments are no less impressive. I mean we had a ton of highly accomplished front 6 guys in camp. 

I would think it would be more of a matter of the others availability too. 
If they’re living in the states, some of these dudes just aren’t willing to come back and forth, could have a different opportunity or job outside of football pop up in the interim period.
They could also very well have more guys on the way. One would hope anyhow. 

I’ve disagreed with basically everything they’ve done through camp, I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt on this one move. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I would think it would be more of a matter of the others availability too. 
If they’re living in the states, some of these dudes just aren’t willing to come back and forth, could have a different opportunity or job outside of football pop up in the interim period.
They could also very well have more guys on the way. One would hope anyhow. 

I’ve disagreed with basically everything they’ve done through camp, I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt on this one move. 

I get what you’re saying, but normally it isn’t hard to get tc guys back. They are looking at no football and a very slim chance of an nfl look next year. 

29 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I get what you’re saying, but normally it isn’t hard to get tc guys back. They are looking at no football and a very slim chance of an nfl look next year. 

Yeah I wouldn’t argue that too hard or anything, given it’s just speculation on my part. 
Either way I’m hoping they still bring in another body or 2 for the DL. 

At the very least they need Fayed plus one more (Woods) on the AR.  Ideally a third guy to audition as well before Garbutt comes back- this is less likely but I’d really like to see them bring Taylor Upshaw back, you guys who know more convinced me he was better than Rivers at the end of preseason.