Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

They need to get Smith into the game this week at RB. 

It’s pretty simple really, just put Clercius on the field when JA comes off. 

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Listening in on the coaches show. First caller is wondering if O'Shea is frustrated with all the injuries and throwing stuff against the wall in his office. O'Shea assures the caller that he is not throwing things against the wall in the office. DT asks if he would like to hit the reset button like in Madden. Mike has not played Madden before. Nor has he played Tecmo bowl. Only Coleco.

Second caller. Judy likes Mike's shorts. That's it. Just likes the shorts.

Now we've got Jeff on the line. Asking about departures of Dru Brown, Houston, and Janarion. And Collaros is getting a bit older, was that a tough choice? O'Shea says no, not a tough decision. Collaros is the best. Also we prefer players who stay even when we can't match other teams' offers.

Just infuriating to hear at this point, whether he truly believes it or not. 
I swear MOS is trolling this board a lot of the time. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

With the news Huebert is on the AR, thanks @WinnipegGordo, I suspect its Jefferson/Woods/Thomas/Adams starting on the Dline with Schemekel+Fayad+Huebert as the back ups. I mean 7 is better than 6 but those three Canadians in heavy rotation is not impressive.

Since somebody mentioned Houston being asked about on the Coaches Show, that was a loss that doesn't bother me a bit. As @DTonOB said, you're going to attack him versus Roberson. I'd say the same would be true if he was in Montreal with Ento or Hamilton with Peters and I likely could keep going.

O'Shea waxes poetic about the days when a starter would play all four special teams as well. Reminds us of the great Chip Cox.

Mike: It was my call to go 6 DL and it bit us in the butt a little bit. We had to move a guy off to get Biggie on so it was the right call but..

DT: Last year you brought only 6 DL 8 times. And you went 8-0 in those games!

Barry's on the line. Actually it's Harry. He's a bomber fan, even when Mike played for the Toronto Argonauts.

Harry: If Brady comes back from his knee injury the Bombers will be fine.

Mike: Well thanks Harry but I think we'll be good no matter what.

But I will say after watching a presser earlier, all the talk about the DL and who is dressed, I don’t think that’s why they lost. The cfl runs on QBs, our veteran Multiple time MOP winner is struggling and until he turns it around it really is irrelevant who dresses on D or how many Canadians you start. It’s all irrelevant if your QB sucks but they won’t ever admit that ever publicly, hopefully we have guys in that room who holds everyone accountable still. If we do, we might be ok soon. If not, it was a fun ride.  10 years for O’Shea. That’s actually insane. Was buck the QB when O’Shea got here? No way right? Must have been tho. No. Willy was still right but then he got drew Willy’d so Nichols played. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

But I will say after watching a presser earlier, all the talk about the DL and who is dressed, I don’t think that’s why they lost. The cfl runs on QBs, our veteran Multiple time MOP winner is struggling and until he turns it around it really is irrelevant who dresses on D or how many Canadians you start. It’s all irrelevant if your QB sucks. 

That being said, proper line depth in that game might have led to a win despite bad qb play

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

That being said, proper line depth in that game might have led to a win despite bad qb play

True. It’s possible. The D seemingly struggled early tho and got better. Can’t say the same about the O. Just play calling also. Refusing to run is crazy cuz Zach won’t take the short stuff. 

21 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Would require taking a Mitchell or Wilson out so not tough at all. 

I don’t understand how we can be at the start of week 3, the guy played 6 days before week 1 and was in shape. If he’s recovered hth could he fall out of shape in barely 2 weeks. That’s messed up even for an excuse. 

@Atomic thanks for posting a transcript of the coaches show. I couldn’t stand or listen and won’t again. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

No need for derogatory language when referring to the coach's show - be better. 

Agreed. This sort of generic answer has been a staple of the show since forever, save for a few breaks. Why would you spend time enduring an annoying experience when you could be trimming your toenails or checking for ingrown nasal hairs?

The Coaches Show is what it is. If you’re looking for week-to-week stuff it’s pretty awful. 
Just for balance, cause I feel like I’ve been crapping on a lot lately, and I really do love the Bombers- I have heard MOS on there tell a couple Ron Lancaster stories that had me legit lol.

One about Lancaster smoking in the clubhouse all the time, and it making Orlando Steinhauer freak out. 

It’s better when callers ask him questions about his playing career, or old CFL history stuff.
Guy’s choices have been driving us nuts lately, but he does truly love the game. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

3 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

To me a cooked Neufeld is still better than a center that simply isn’t good enough to be playing pro football. Not that either should be anything more than backups at this point. 

Ideally Eli and Wallace in and Kolo/Neufeld out. I’ll eat my own hat if that actually happens with this coaching staff though. 

removal of just Kolo....replaced with Eli is all that needs to be done to start the assesment...would do a world of difference.....if thigs still leak like a seive up the gut...re-assess

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

With the news Huebert is on the AR, thanks @WinnipegGordo, I suspect its Jefferson/Woods/Thomas/Adams starting on the Dline with Schemekel+Fayad+Huebert as the back ups. I mean 7 is better than 6 but those three Canadians in heavy rotation is not impressive.

Since somebody mentioned Houston being asked about on the Coaches Show, that was a loss that doesn't bother me a bit. As @DTonOB said, you're going to attack him versus Roberson. I'd say the same would be true if he was in Montreal with Ento or Hamilton with Peters and I likely could keep going.

those 3 rotational Canadians....are just horrible...worst in the league by far

1 minute ago, Booch said:

removal of just Kolo....replaced with Eli is all that needs to be done to start the assesment...would do a world of difference.....if thigs still leak like a seive up the gut...re-assess

That’s a good point, better to move one piece at a time with OL. Agree Kolo is the issue, broken record again but you just can’t have the center on his can multiple times a game. 

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Mike: We liked Chris Smith, and then he got hurt. It's tough to get him on the roster, he may not be in game shape quite yet, but we'll see where that goes.

yet he played Thomas....Biggie...BA...Collaros....Bo....Demski.....and a few others without a game rep in pre-seson...Smith played all of pre-seson.....but wont be game shape?....being younger and in better shape than any of them....yeah ok....what a joke

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Would require taking a Mitchell or Wilson out so not tough at all. 

exactly!...it's the easiest add of any new body...plus he is an actual RB....who would make a world of difference even in sharing reps...Osh is literally clue;ess and the anchor pulling this team back under

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

I suspect based on the answer that Mitchell will still be our returner in week 3 BUT that could change.

Osh won't make a change based on skill...he's shown that now for how long?..buckle up for a long season of bafoonery

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

would have made all the difference....4 guys took every snap basically...1 of tose guys is a lower tier skill guy at the moment...but has upside....another is bottom tier...with zero upside and can only play one style...and not well

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I don’t understand how we can be at the start of week 3, the guy played 6 days before week 1 and was in shape. If he’s recovered hth could he fall out of shape in barely 2 weeks. That’s messed up even for an excuse. 

@Atomic thanks for posting a transcript of the coaches show. I couldn’t stand or listen and won’t again. 

see my previous comment...that didnt apply to his favorites and long in the tooth vets...Osh is becoming a sad joke...time to move on

58 minutes ago, Booch said:

yet he played Thomas....Biggie...BA...Collaros....Bo....Demski.....and a few others without a game rep in pre-seson...Smith played all of pre-seson.....but wont be game shape?....being younger and in better shape than any of them....yeah ok....what a joke

exactly!...it's the easiest add of any new body...plus he is an actual RB....who would make a world of difference even in sharing reps...Osh is literally clue;ess and the anchor pulling this team back under

Osh won't make a change based on skill...he's shown that now for how long?..buckle up for a long season of bafoonery

would have made all the difference....4 guys took every snap basically...1 of tose guys is a lower tier skill guy at the moment...but has upside....another is bottom tier...with zero upside and can only play one style...and not well

see my previous comment...that didnt apply to his favorites and long in the tooth vets...Osh is becoming a sad joke...time to move on

I wonder if smith was a move made by walters. Mos for what ever reason really likes Mitchell. But we are insanely thin at kr and rb. Maybe mos isnt going to roster him unless he has to. Idk tin foil hat stuff. 

It makes no sense to leave smith off the AR. Augustine is already banged up, if he goes down we have a fb who isn’t really to be a fb and a sts fb left. Or our qb2, or wr2. Not good options for full time in a game. 
 My expectations for this weeks ar are low, and still I think I’ll be disappointed. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I wonder if smith was a move made by walters. Mos for what ever reason really likes Mitchell. But we are insanely thin at kr and rb. Maybe mos isnt going to roster him unless he has to. Idk tin foil hat stuff. 

It makes no sense to leave smith off the AR. Augustine is already banged up, if he goes down we have a fb who isn’t really to be a fb and a sts fb left. Or our qb2, or wr2. Not good options for full time in a game. 
 My expectations for this weeks ar are low, and still I think I’ll be disappointed. 

yup...I expecting more head scratchers...and just poor management....hope I am wrong but nothing leads me to think otherwise

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

They should at least use him and see... yet another ******* bonkers preseason idea. Give all the carries to Americans they were always going to cut... why notjgive augustine reps if is your guy when Brady is out?

They gave all the reps to a Canadian in the 2nd game who they cut.  A guy that would actually make a reasonable tandem with Augustine to fill in if Oliviera is down.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They gave all the reps to a Canadian in the 2nd game who they cut.  A guy that would actually make a reasonable tandem with Augustine to fill in if Oliviera is down.

It's just maddening to me that they hardly gave any reps to a runningback that was going to play running back and streveler got 1 quarter and the rest of the QB reps in preseason went to guys who were either straight up cut or not likely to ever see any real playing time in the regular season. 

In what universe does that make any sense at all? And people wonder why the offense looks like garbage out of the gate. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Clip of Walters and Miller walking into O'Shea's office:

9 hours ago, Atomic said:

Now we've got Jeff on the line. Asking about departures of Dru Brown, Houston, and Janarion. And Collaros is getting a bit older, was that a tough choice? O'Shea says no, not a tough decision. Collaros is the best. Also we prefer players who stay even when we can't match other teams' offers.

What kind of an answer is that? When O'Shea played in Southern Ontario he went back & forth between Hamilton & Toronto. Meaning he always took the best offer when he played. 

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

But I will say after watching a presser earlier, all the talk about the DL and who is dressed, I don’t think that’s why they lost. The cfl runs on QBs, our veteran Multiple time MOP winner is struggling and until he turns it around it really is irrelevant who dresses on D or how many Canadians you start. It’s all irrelevant if your QB sucks but they won’t ever admit that ever publicly, hopefully we have guys in that room who holds everyone accountable still. If we do, we might be ok soon. If not, it was a fun ride.  10 years for O’Shea. That’s actually insane. Was buck the QB when O’Shea got here? No way right? Must have been tho. No. Willy was still right but then he got drew Willy’d so Nichols played. 

No, Willy wasn't the qb when O'Shea got here. The Bombers signed Willy as a FA that off season so they came in together in 2014. In 2013, the Bomber qbs were Buck Pierce, Justin Goltz, Jason Boltus, Max Hall

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Clip of Walters and Miller walking into O'Shea's office:

Miller looks so young! lol

21 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What kind of an answer is that? When O'Shea played in Southern Ontario he went back & forth between Hamilton & Toronto. Meaning he always took the best offer when he played. 

it's the answer of a.......fill in the blank