Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I sure hope they win but it will not stop the hyperbole. We are the worst team in the league so far this season and this team is not making any changes. So, more of the same this week. 

I wonder how MOS will enjoy all the booing Friday night? 

with a smug grin on his face most likely....and post game comments reflecting the best of the best played

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I sure hope they win but it will not stop the hyperbole. We are the worst team in the league so far this season and this team is not making any changes. So, more of the same this week. 

It could get ugly at home on Friday and unfortunately that might need to happen before the organization starts to wake up. We’re now 0-5 in our last five games. Thankfully it’s only 0-2 on the schedule so there’s plenty of time to right the ship but changes need to be made.

We’re just going along like every other week. This is a regular week for us,” said head coach Mike O’Shea near the end of a media session stacked with ‘what’s wrong with the Bombers?’ themed questions. “We certainly don’t want guys gripping their sticks too tight, searching for things they don’t need to search for.

“In here we feel good; we know what’s going on.”

Like really????

I beg to differ that they...moreso him have no clue what's going on....and maybe they shopuld change what and how they have been doing things...as we have looked worse than the Elks of late....

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

We’re just going along like every other week. This is a regular week for us,” said head coach Mike O’Shea near the end of a media session stacked with ‘what’s wrong with the Bombers?’ themed questions. “We certainly don’t want guys gripping their sticks too tight, searching for things they don’t need to search for.

Like really????

I beg to differ that they...moreso him have no clue what's going on....and maybe they shopuld change what and how they have been doing things...as we have looked worse than the Elks of late....

The phrase I’ve been using lately is arrogance, ignorance or both?! 

39 minutes ago, JCon said:

They do study the film, right?

Sure, but clearly no shame is associated with crappy play. No one in the locker room or out side of it is holding players accountable for crap play, prep, coaching, or play call. 

I bet 1-2 more loses and wj/biggie host a players only closed door meeting. 

43 minutes ago, Booch said:

Like really????

barf. 

50 minutes ago, Booch said:

a win last week would have been the worst thing in all honesty...would have glossed over...a lot of issues if for only a week, and aslo validated Osh's stupid roster makeup and personell choices, and he would have trotted out the exact same lineup and just been further down the hole we need to claw out of...even tho I wanna win everygame...theres lotsa time left in the season to right the ship and another loss...due to the issues of late may just be the best thing moving forward...as sad as it is to say, 

Yep. Question is how many loses does it take to make serious changes and kill the old boys club? 

50 minutes ago, JCon said:

Can it be hyperbole when we are dead last in the league? 2 tds in 4 games this year  

Thats a good question  also how will Zach handle it? 2 2 and outs before we score and the O will be booed off the field.

It wounded Nichols greatly when it happened. Zach is tougher, but he’s still a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. The struggle seems to be really hard on him already, he’s a great leader and you can see he takes all the responsibility. 

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Sure, but clearly no shame is associated with crappy play. No one in the locker room or out side of it is holding players accountable for crap play, prep, coaching, or play call. 

I bet 1-2 more loses and wj/biggie host a players only closed door meeting. 

barf. 

Yep. Question is how many loses does it take to make serious changes and kill the old boys club? 

Can it be hyperbole when we are dead last in the league? 2 tds in 4 games this year  

Thats a good question  also how will Zach handle it? 2 2 and outs before we score and the O will be booed off the field.

It wounded Nichols greatly when it happened. Zach is tougher, but he’s still a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. The struggle seems to be really hard on him already, he’s a great leader and you can see he takes all the responsibility. 

0-5 outta do it

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

0-5 outta do it

I think we are likely to split with Calgary and ott with an ok chance of beating bc. For sure less than that should trigger action. 
 If we are 2-5 or 3-4 going into regina I wonder if that sparks any thing. Or if we are a 2–3 win team and lose that game does that bring about a shake up atleast with the roster. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Like really????

Saying that in public is fine. Take all the heat keep it away from the players. It's not words at this point that matter, it's actions. 

17 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Saying that in public is fine. Take all the heat keep it away from the players. It's not words at this point that matter, it's actions. 

That’s true. Question is, has mos brain washed him self with his own rhetoric. 

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

Who takes that WIL spot if Kyrie can’t go? Cole moves over and Kramdi starts? How are they gonna run a 30 front there? Gauthier/Biggie/Kramdi/Cole? 

I’ll never get over them cutting Tre Thomas. Another of my dying hills 

Kramdi is already starting. Unfortunately karamoko has been playing a major amount of reps at wil and as the dime in place of the wil. gauthier has seen few reps on D this year. Karamoko has really taken over that role. 

Thomas, petrishen, and gemmel all should’ve been kept around. Honestly ayers would be 3rd on that list for me. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Who takes that WIL spot if Kyrie can’t go? Cole moves over and Kramdi starts? How are they gonna run a 30 front there? Gauthier/Biggie/Kramdi/Cole? 

I’ll never get over them cutting Tre Thomas. Another of my dying hills 

Karamoko and Ayers might get some reps.  Karamoko has played way more D than Gauthier this season so far.  Depending who is up for DBs could play with a dime type guy, really 7 DBs out there if you include the SAM.  See a lot more of that now because it can be harder to block up with the ground needed to cover, gives some time to read play for defenders.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Karamoko and Ayers might get some reps.  Karamoko has played way more D than Gauthier this season so far.  Depending who is up for DBs could play with a dime type guy, really 7 DBs out there if you include the SAM.  See a lot more of that now because it can be harder to block up with the ground needed to cover, gives some time to read play for defenders.

I could see Tony Jones coming in for Ayers but it may not be this week.

Im not sure if they want to make one more change to the roster as there will be a few already.

22 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I could see it happening but I don't like it when fans boo their own team.

I like it when other teams fans do it but not the fans of the teams I like lol. I much prefer the ref you suck chant. 

17 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I could see Tony Jones coming in for Ayers but it may not be this week.

Im not sure if they want to make one more change to the roster as there will be a few already.

That would be a very solid move.