Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

14 hours ago, wbbfan said:

He’s a good teams guy. But as a heavy rotational defensive guy? Idk either. 

Is he though?  We have some of the worst teams play in the CFL.  That's not an indictment of just Karamoko - that whole phase of the team is letting us down. Karamoko's utility is that he's a cheap, global player .. not that he's doing anything meaningful on teams.

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Better question, are they actually going to use Augustine this week? Cause based on usage they'd have been better off starting Eli at rb.

Hell .. they should just start Adams at RB.  

Defensive lineman, punter .. snaps at running back.  Guy seems like he can do it all!  I kid .... sort of.

27 minutes ago, Booch said:

I also bet that even tho Chris Smith is ready to go, and could/should take reps at RB to ease the load, and is the better returner...we won't see him this week....

Agree. 

25 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Is he though?  We have some of the worst teams play in the CFL.  That's not an indictment of just Karamoko - that whole phase of the team is letting us down. Karamoko's utility is that he's a cheap, global player .. not that he's doing anything meaningful on teams.

Hell .. they should just start Adams at RB.  

Defensive lineman, punter .. snaps at running back.  Guy seems like he can do it all!  I kid .... sort of.

Our teams play right now isn’t overly the fault of the players on the field. We could use a couple guys getting healthy, we are short handed and can’t rotate teams guys very well, but mainly our struggles comes down to tackling which is a coaching/discipline thing and punting. 
 Globals aren’t cheap after their first deal any more. 

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

I also bet that even tho Chris Smith is ready to go, and could/should take reps at RB to ease the load, and is the better returner...we won't see him this

This is what I’m afraid of…. And unfortunately, I think you’re going to be right.

43 minutes ago, Booch said:

I also bet that even tho Chris Smith is ready to go, and could/should take reps at RB to ease the load, and is the better returner...we won't see him this week....

Osh had all sorts of excuses about whether Smith was in game shape, but is fine to Weekend at Bernie's Biggie at every opportunity.

I wonder why they wouldn't bring Rosery back.  Dress him instead of one of the special teamers or the 7th OL or MCI.  Then you have a guy that's pretty complimentary to Augustine, more ability in pass game.

5 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Osh had all sorts of excuses about whether Smith was in game shape, but is fine to Weekend at Bernie's Biggie at every opportunity.

Well in fairness he was injured bad enough two weeks ago that they cut him.

Maybe he's not talking about cardio but the actual injury affecting his readiness to play a game.

7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I wonder why they wouldn't bring Rosery back.  Dress him instead of one of the special teamers or the 7th OL or MCI.  Then you have a guy that's pretty complimentary to Augustine, more ability in pass game.

Well in fairness he was injured bad enough two weeks ago that they cut him.

Maybe he's not talking about cardio but the actual injury affecting his readiness to play a game.

do we know it was a bad one?....from my understanding was just something minor enough to not be able to play....and 3 weeks later...he good to go...How is thatany different than Biggie....BO...Demski

and looking back...how any different than the Grey Cup with 4 guys who were completely unable to perform...yet dressed...and played.

Listening to his June 18th presser....I have little hope of much changing unless it's mandated from above

31 minutes ago, Booch said:

Is Mitchell this yr's Jackson??..The apple of Osh's eye?....TBD I guess

I've been Mitchell's biggest detractor from the get go but *will* say that he did get better as the game went along last week.

That's not saying much mind you and I'd much rather have Smith on the roster (if he's good to go) to not only return kicks but take snaps at RB.

1 hour ago, voodoochylde said:

I've been Mitchell's biggest detractor from the get go but *will* say that he did get better as the game went along last week.

That's not saying much mind you and I'd much rather have Smith on the roster (if he's good to go) to not only return kicks but take snaps at RB.

It’s such a no brainer…. The kick and punt returning has sucked and you have a guy that is better at it, and he had a return TD in the preseason….. PLUS he’s a RB, which is an obvious weak spot on the roster right now.  If he’s healthy, there’s absolutely no reason to not put him in the lineup.  None.

FYI: RB Brady Oliveira and DB Deatrick Nichols did not practice on Tuesday, but WR Dalton Schoen and LB Kyrie Wilson were back at work. Asked specifically about Oliveira, O’Shea said: “He’s working extremely hard and making a lot of progress so we’ll see where that lands him.”… RB Chris Smith has been busy since his return, getting more work with Oliveira out and sharing some kick return duties with Myron Mitchell. O’Shea on Smith’s readiness and possible return to the lineup: “I still think there’s a difference between in shape enough to practice and then what goes on in a game but I like what I’ve seen so far. He certainly seems like he stayed on top of his stuff, too, which is important.”… Defensive tackle Devin Adams, who handled punting chores during his days at Peru State and Delaware State, took a few reps kicking the ball at practice Tuesday. He’s no Jamieson Sheahan or Bob Cameron, but he did launch a few, which drew hoots and hollers from his teammates. “There’s not much that guy can’t do,” said O’Shea. “In fact, Id have to think really hard about what we wouldn’t ask him to do on a football field. He’s been not only good, he’s been fun to have around. He’s fired up on a daily basis.”

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/06/18/weve-got-to-play-three-phase-football/

Edited by Atomic

3 minutes ago, BomberBall. said:

It’s such a no brainer…. The kick and punt returning has sucked and you have a guy that is better at it, and he had a return TD in the preseason….. PLUS he’s a RB, which is an obvious weak spot on the roster right now.  If he’s healthy, there’s absolutely no reason to not put him in the lineup.  None.

If only so simple...and logical....and basically the smart roster move....if only......

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Unless......your a Coach's boy....Old tenured vet that had value 3....4 yrs ago, or a less skilled Canadian with tenure who's also Daddy's boi....Then that goes out the window and you are given your place on the roster

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

Saying "He’s no Jamieson Sheahan" unironically is hilarious. Do better Ed!

so what your say Ed...is he's better??? Cause our punter right now is not very good/consistent/or able to do more than 1 thing

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

“there’s a difference between practice shape and game shape … unless you’re Patrick Neufeld, Brandon Alexander, Kyrie Wilson, Adam Bighill, Jackson Jeffcoat, Andrew Harris, Brady Oliveira, Stanley Bryant, Dalton Schoen, Nik Demski, Alden Darby or Jake Thomas of course”

Is it weird that the narratives on this board haven't made it into the media, even a little bit? Like, none of the stuff we discuss here is even hinted at. Do they not want to ruffle feathers, are they not savvy enough to pick up on this stuff, or do they just not care?

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Is it weird that the narratives on this board haven't made it into the media, even a little bit? Like, none of the stuff we discuss here is even hinted at. Do they not want to ruffle feathers, are they not savvy enough to pick up on this stuff, or do they just not care?

Sports media in this city is weak.

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Maybe they don’t take fan sites seriously and why would they. Let’s be honest, ppl on here always find something to complain about. Perhaps people on here are correct but perhaps it’s a case of the boy crying wolf so many times that the media just says **** it. They gonna find something else to ***** about also. Imagine thinking the media or bombers should listen to fans. 

Edited by Goalie