Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

30 minutes ago, Mike said:

“there’s a difference between practice shape and game shape … unless you’re Patrick Neufeld, Brandon Alexander, Kyrie Wilson, Adam Bighill, Jackson Jeffcoat, Andrew Harris, Brady Oliveira, Stanley Bryant, Dalton Schoen, Nik Demski, Alden Darby or Jake Thomas of course”

It's a little overboard to compare guys who are veteran professional football players to a guy who has never played a real game, no?

22 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Because they just ******* around at practice.  Doesn’t sound like that even a game consideration. 

Hope that’s accurate. 

11 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Sports media in this city is weak.

It’s on life support. Especially since tsn1290 shut down, bob retired and ed came to work directly for the blue. 

20 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Is it weird that the narratives on this board haven't made it into the media, even a little bit? Like, none of the stuff we discuss here is even hinted at. Do they not want to ruffle feathers, are they not savvy enough to pick up on this stuff, or do they just not care?

totally scared to...and they know that osh will likely use it against them for further interviews....and be even more smug and condascending 

18 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Maybe they don’t take fan sites seriously and why would they. Let’s be honest, ppl on here always find something to complain about. Perhaps people on here are correct but perhaps it’s a case of the boy crying wolf so many times that the media just says **** it. They gonna find something else to ***** about also. Imagine thinking the media or bombers should listen to fans. 

it's not a matter of listening to fans....noreso an issue of using maybe common sense....weighing options with pro's and con's....talent vs hinderernce?.....and to be honest....a good protion of fan's here...yourself including have a heck of a lot more sense and football intelligence to actually see the forsest thru the tree's than a big majority of local...and even national media...

24 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Is it weird that the narratives on this board haven't made it into the media, even a little bit? Like, none of the stuff we discuss here is even hinted at. Do they not want to ruffle feathers, are they not savvy enough to pick up on this stuff, or do they just not care?

I talked a bit about it with Ed Tait after the game and he basically told me I was an idiot and I need to wait and see. Politely and respectfully, but the belief seems to be that this will be turned around just because.

19 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I don't think I was suggesting they get their content from fan sites. More so that it is odd that they also have eyes and have yet to come to any of the same conclusions.

fear of losing access for asking the legit questions....and partly as per my other comment...just clueless in general

19 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It's a little overboard to compare guys who are veteran professional football players to a guy who has never played a real game, no?

professional athletes these days...be it 10 yr vet or rookie....are and should all be on the same level in regards to prepardeness and fitness....also....guys who get to the pro level have been at it for most part at least 15yrs or more.

I also am in the belief from seeing it personally that most guys now coming into the pro's at the 22...to 25 yr age range are way more athletic and finely tuned than the guys who are vets who came in 10 yrs before them...just the new way of athlete....

I don’t know about the rest of you but I, for one, quite enjoy being constantly reminded by Goalie that I am just a fan who knows nothing and has no opinion worth anything.

It’s nice, because it eliminates the confusion I have when I sometimes log on here and think I’m in the offensive gameplan meeting. 

thanks Goalie!

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I talked a bit about it with Ed Tait after the game and he basically told me I was an idiot and I need to wait and see. Politely and respectfully, but the belief seems to be that this will be turned around just because.

no offence to Ed as he is a team employee....but he literally licking the boots and drinking the koolaide too...and following along with the HC is perfect....sadly....it's gonna take a huge winless streak, or a 2 and 10 record before the poop hits the fan...and it will all be directly related to what we can see

I knew it right away from his early articles, and thruout camp when he kept pencilling in guys like Thomas ...Kolo and Kramdi as defacto starters...before...during and when camp closed...Same with the importance of Biggie and that hype...ZC too....Where do you think he was getting that from???....He knew...as well as osh knew that save for one them guys having a limb fall off...regardless of what and how camp went....that they were gonna be in.

Biggie didn't make the first game, but as soon as he was remotely able to...he would be plopped right back in.....and was...why do you think we kept no viable guy to replace...or overtake him....cause Osh had zerointention of it...same with BA....Wilson...Kolo...Thomas....tho we kept 3 guys at DT basically if he didn't he would have been a total laughing stock.....

1 minute ago, Mike said:

We haven't played great in a while now. We also have not made many changes. So, for a group that is as familiar with one another as any team in this league, and one that has had so much success over the past four seasons, why do we think that all the glaring deficiencies will magically disappear? PEDs?

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don’t know about the rest of you but I, for one, quite enjoy being constantly reminded by Goalie that I am just a fan who knows nothing and has no opinion worth anything.

It’s nice, because it eliminates the confusion I have when I sometimes log on here and think I’m in the offensive gameplan meeting. 

thanks Goalie!

i enjoy it as well....and have a good chuckle at the assumptions of many, and the mocking that I think I know more than anyone..Including Osh..when I talk to players and management of pretty much every team...still train with many....help train new guys looking to get up here and in the NFL and have a pretty good inside pulse.....And yeah I will say if I was given the reigns of this team in camp...I could have had us sitign here at 2-0...Laugh all you want....yhou all know who you are!

19 minutes ago, Mike said:

thanks Goalie!

First Time meme

27 minutes ago, Mike said:

He's a staff reporter for the team, it's quite literally not his job to question the team. He's a hype man. 

So I do believe there are some issues this team has fallen into... however these guys have had a lot of success, I do believe they are capable of turning things around. It isn't as doom and gloom as the folks who just want the track and field all stars everywhere. There's more to what makes a good athlete than just their physical measurable.

29 minutes ago, Mike said:

Not surprised. At all. Top to bottom the club seems to think our culture, which isn’t nearly what it used to be clearly, is enough to propel us back to the grey cup. That and our old beat up has beens. 

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

thanks Goalie!

Couple posters on here remind me why the fb bomber groups aren’t worth any time. 

I was talking to a friend in the states who coaches hs and does YT football videos about modern wr releases/ rb and pass rush first steps/moves after which I went to my feed and saw that posts legit arguing if Harris would/should start this week and that our injuries have nothing to do with age practice or tc. 

A lot of casual fans tend to fall back on grasping at a few straws when teams struggle. So and so has lost a step, qb holding the ball, just need an additional star etc. When they are soo loud and telling you, Brady is too slow, But can’t evaluate a rb, understand any of the scheme or how the other team tried to limit that position, It’s like a flock of geese honking angrily at cars in the road. 

44 minutes ago, Booch said:

totally scared to...and they know that osh will likely use it against them for further interviews....and be even more smug and condascending 

it's not a matter of listening to fans....noreso an issue of using maybe common sense....weighing options with pro's and con's....talent vs hinderernce?.....and to be honest....a good protion of fan's here...yourself including have a heck of a lot more sense and football intelligence to actually see the forsest thru the tree's than a big majority of local...and even national media...

Ask @DTonOB why the questions they take from fans are stupid. There must be a reason for it. They prob don’t want actual questions. I’m just as disappointed and frustrated at the goings on as anyone else. I just don’t think we fans know exactly what play is called and who is supposed to be where. I don’t think all of the vets are struggling. I think there’s a few who are dragging the whole team down tho. And my 9 year old sees this so not sure how they don’t. It’s at the point where perhaps things don’t change until changes are made. 1 big one. There’s 1 dude who seems to be delusional and it’s the guy calling the shots. What can we as fans really do about it.  

Edited by Goalie

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So I do believe there are some issues this team has fallen into... however these guys have had a lot of success, I do believe they are capable of turning things around. It isn't as doom and gloom as the folks who just want the track and field all stars everywhere. There's more to what makes a good athlete than just their physical measurable.

I get what you’re saying. But it’s the opposite for me. 
 Our team wasn’t young in 19, but if that’s the start of our rosters success that’s 5 years. How often do you continue to dominate when your best/core players are mostly the same after all that time? We’ve gained schoen and traded Harris for Brady but over all we’ve lost far more talent than we added from that roster. 

Teams are always improving every year. You have to evoke and improve or you fall behind. Honestly it’s amazing how long we continued to play at a high level while losing more talent than we added year on year. 

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I can see why they would think they'll get it turned around. You gotta believe in yourself and your plan. Time will tell. I just hope it's not so late that the season is lost.

Totally. at some point as you go up the ladder though, some one has to be the boss and make the hard decisions. Right now it doesn’t seem like we have that. 
 With out the counter balance you have a Jeff reinbold team. 

Kinda off topic. But something I laughed at during the Ott game, and something that is kinda telling on how some perceive this team....a short screen or run outside the tackles was stopped for a short gain/loss....and Dunigan went on and on about how Bighill was back and was going to make an impact. During his rant, TSN showed the replay and Biggie completely whiffed on the tackle and I think it was Kramdi who actually made the tackle. 

Also it seems like the guy struggling the most is the guy who touches the ball on every O play. What can you do other then stick with him or play Streveler instead and we all know that’s not gonna happen. Osh is gonna ride or die  with Zach. 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Kinda off topic. But something I laughed at during the Ott game, and something that is kinda telling on how some perceive this team....a short screen or run outside the tackles was stopped for a short gain/loss....and Dunigan went on and on about how Bighill was back and was going to make an impact. During his rant, TSN showed the replay and Biggie completely whiffed on the tackle and I think it was Kramdi who actually made the tackle. 

Classic matty. I love the guy but he’s fried lol. 

Just now, Goalie said:

Also it seems like the guy struggling the most is the guy who touches the ball on every O play. What can you do other then stick with him or play Streveler instead and we all know that’s not gonna happen. Osh is gonna ride or ride with Zach. 

The beauty of football is you can actually do a lot. 

Roll out, boot leg, slide protection, play 6 ol and or two backs/wr to have an extra blocker on each side, pinch the ol to reduce gaps, use passing concepts that have blitz busters, are easier and faster to read, generally better first down play calls too. 
We aren’t committed or productive enough with the run on first down, and we need for Collaros not to be in 2nd and long a lot or throwing on first and ten. So use pre snap motion and run the ball with Demski/strevy more and more one/two step drop timing routes. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

get what you’re saying. But it’s the opposite for me. 
 Our team wasn’t young in 19, but if that’s the start of our rosters success that’s 5 years. How often do you continue to dominate when your best/core players are mostly the same after all that time? We’ve gained schoen and traded Harris for Brady but over all we’ve lost far more talent than we added from that roster. 

Teams are always improving every year. You have to evoke and improve or you fall behind. Honestly it’s amazing how long we continued to play at a high level while losing more talent than we added year on year

So I think age is the biggest problem on the team. 100%. Too much money in old guys who can't bring it like they used to... I'm just taking a shot because a couple guys get all horned up by the freak athlete type and have blinders to anyone else who may be a good player despite being less physically gifted. 

If it were me I'd have cut agustine and had the backup rb as an America  position. I'd have made the switch to all American on the DL. With bighill hurt early I would have used at least game 1 as an audition for a young American with potential to steal the job. Same with Alexander I'd be giving younger guys a long look at a chance to work their way into the role. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So I think age is the biggest problem on the team. 100%. Too much money in old guys who can't bring it like they used to... I'm just taking a shot because a couple guys get all horned up by the freak athlete type and have blinders to anyone else who may be a good player despite being less physically gifted. 

If it were me I'd have cut agustine and had the backup rb as an America  position. I'd have made the switch to all American on the DL. With bighill hurt early I would have used at least game 1 as an audition for a young American with potential to steal the job. Same with Alexander I'd be giving younger guys a long look at a chance to work their way into the role. 

I get that, and I’m a certainly one who is excited by elite athletic prospects like Adams. We’ve seen some not pan out like Barrett last year. I think with the ratio you always fill out the roster with high effort low athleticism character guys who may have a great skill, so I don’t believe in aiming for those guys mostly.  
 At the same time, I always watch the border line size guys especially at wr. If you’re 5’11/6’0 190 ish. You know they have to be far more skilled to get the same attention as the smaller fast twitch guys or the big ass target wrs. 

39 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He's a staff reporter for the team, it's quite literally not his job to question the team. He's a hype man. 

One hundred percent agreed. This wasn’t really in a public context though.

24 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ask @DTonOB why the questions they take from fans are stupid. There must be a reason for it. They prob don’t want actual questions. I’m just as disappointed and frustrated at the goings on as anyone else. I just don’t think we fans know exactly what play is called and who is supposed to be where. I don’t think all of the vets are struggling. I think there’s a few who are dragging the whole team down tho. And my 9 year old sees this so not sure how they don’t. It’s at the point where perhaps things don’t change until changes are made. 1 big one. There’s 1 dude who seems to be delusional and it’s the guy calling the shots. What can we as fans really do about it.  

I think the regular callers get priority from whichever CJOB intern answers the phones, OB demographic skews hard boomer or older.

Not sure how can I say this respectfully but that generation tends to ask dumb questions/natter on about dumb ****.