Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

Cuz they been there ,done that ? Have you??

I read this and the other forum and I for the most part appreciate the discussions on both boards but in reality these guys are just anonymous "keyboard warriors" (well, I guess Mike uses his real name first name) like the rest of us. Have they been there, done that? Maybe, maybe not. 

Oh god not this again. 

Just saying, some people can watch and follow football obsessively for the better part of their lives and form a decently educated opinion on the subject in question..

A good bunch of us were around the game at an above rudimentary level, or were taught the game by people who were. 

The point that “we’re just fans” has been made. Every time I read it on here again, I’m writing another poem about Kolo. 

15 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

I read this and the other forum and I for the most part appreciate the discussions on both boards but in reality these guys are just anonymous "keyboard warriors" (well, I guess Mike uses his real name first name) like the rest of us. Have they been there, done that? Maybe, maybe not. 

Then you either haven't been here long enough or aren't paying attention.  They might be anonymous to you but not to many others here.

18 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

Other forum? Sorry, I'm just a part of this one.

3 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

I think Bauming might have mentioned this don’t want to see us try it this way though …

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_BC_Lions_season

The year that gave hope to every crappy CFL season forevermore 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Montreal_Alouettes_season

In the last 20 years, this ^ is the closest feeling team I can remember to this years Bombers. Again, I want to be wrong, big time. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

15 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Oh god not this again. 

Just saying, some people can watch and follow football obsessively for the better part of their lives and form a decently educated opinion on the subject in question..

A good bunch of us were around the game at an above rudimentary level, or were taught the game by people who were. 

The point that “we’re just fans” has been made. Every time I read it on here again, I’m writing another poem about Kolo. 

The difference between people who know how to watch a game to understand what’s happening, and regular viewing is gigantic. Most people try to follow the ball and miss 90% of the play. Even if you know the X’s and O’s, relative position play etc if you’ve never been taught how to watch film you see a different game. 

On top of that you have things like understanding positions from a competitive stand point. This is where observations like tipping plays, kick stepping too far too fast etc come in. 
 You also have understanding from the x/o level you get the difference between Dbs coming over to try and make up plays vs being beaten. 

Football has the most strategic nuance of any main stream sport. A little bit of knowledge goes soo far. Guys like mike booch jbr and a couple others clearly have high level understanding of these various areas. 
 Some people don’t like what they hear because it doesn’t match what they see and they can’t counter the points on merit so they attack the posters. And when I see posters attacking those people it just tells me all I need to know about those posters. 
 They love the bandy about not a real fans, or hot hand fallacy etc. as if what happened here 4 and 5 years ago is more important than what we see on the field today. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

5 bucks says it’s Ed Tait. 

Or Pepper Brooks

Maybe Pepperidge farms is ed tait! 🤣 

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

On a more positive note, looking forward to seeing what Wheatfall does on Friday. Also hoping we see Smith as a returner.

Wheatfall sure looked like a beast in a few catches last week. If Schoen is healthy he should have a good chance to shine. 

1 hour ago, TommyClements said:

I don’t disagree with some of their actual points about lineup decisions. Although blaming Thomas, Kramdi and Gauthier for everything is getting old.

Mostly I find it funny that two guys off the street literally say they could run the CFL club better. Who wants “Booch” and Mike in charge of anything?

Shows how much you know, I personally think Kramdi is way better than “Booch” gives him credit for.

My personal crutch is blaming Bighill for everything.

HE STINKS!

19 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The difference between people who know how to watch a game to understand what’s happening, and regular viewing is gigantic. Most people try to follow the ball and miss 90% of the play. Even if you know the X’s and O’s, relative position play etc if you’ve never been taught how to watch film you see a different game. 

On top of that you have things like understanding positions from a competitive stand point. This is where observations like tipping plays, kick stepping too far too fast etc come in. 
 You also have understanding from the x/o level you get the difference between Dbs coming over to try and make up plays vs being beaten. 

Football has the most strategic nuance of any main stream sport. A little bit of knowledge goes soo far. Guys like mike booch jbr and a couple others clearly have high level understanding of these various areas. 
 Some people don’t like what they hear because it doesn’t match what they see and they can’t counter the points on merit so they attack the posters. And when I see posters attacking those people it just tells me all I need to know about those posters. 
 They love the bandy about not a real fans, or hot hand fallacy etc. as if what happened here 4 and 5 years ago is more important than what we see on the field today. 

Maybe Pepperidge farms is ed tait! 🤣 

Wheatfall sure looked like a beast in a few catches last week. If Schoen is healthy he should have a good chance to shine. 

Actually, that’s not a bad guess Salt N Peppa had a writers vocabulary. 

2 hours ago, TommyClements said:

Perfectly fine to voice your opinion as a fan. But the arrogance of two dudes named “Booch” and “Mike” on these boards is hilarious. 
bombers have some real problems, O’Shea has some real flaws. They’ve also won two grey cups and four straight west titles, unlike two dudes named “Booch” and “Mike”.

Not exactly true bro. Perhaps they didn’t have a @Boochbut they certainly got a @Mike

you know O’Shea. 

5 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Pepper_Brooks = Pepperidge Farms = Salt N Peppa = Maybe Ed Tait = Maybe Tom Clements

It’s an interesting email that was used to register, actually