Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Gdr isn’t as bad as I had thought it would be which is nice. Worry about bridges taking over for Nichols. Strange they roster bo but start Augustine must not be 100%? Smith is back and kring which is good. 
 Dl looks ok, but I hope Adams gets lots of reps inside while Fayad comes in at end. 

I don't care where they line him up as long as it doesn't affect his punting! 😂

Just now, blue85gold said:

Not much to complain about with this weeks roster. That’s about the best they could do with who is here and all the injuries 

Agree the number of rookies in the secondary is pretty scary 

Bonds should be set it and forget it, Griffin has CFL starts under his belt and Bridges *should* be okay. 

Not as worried as I’d normally be here. I trust our process in the secondary.

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It’s an interesting reversal from what mos was saying. Even more so that Mitchell is finally off. Mos really seemed to like him. 

It almost like he never says anything about what’s happening with the roster. 

Did he really like him or what there just no alternative until Smith was healthy 

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

I have nothing to complain about with this. 

Smith in for Mitchell is good, Griffin coming on instead of McGhee is good (I think they both are meh but Griffin more versatile at least), Woods being added is good.

Lots to take in but I think this is the best we could do with what’s available to us 

The only real question for me is how healthy is bo? Is this some scheme, is he playing hurt will we use smith at rb if bo isn’t 100% lots of intrigue. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Where are the tackles made...before yard's...at line of scrimmage...that's what to look for...same with a guy who..awesome a tackle after a pass and gaining ofnyards...he was "right there" etc..etc...I'd rather see a pass break up...turnover...or Maki g the qb make either a bad...or perfect throw...that's my issue with Kramdi...sure he seems like he all over the place..but mostly after the fact...where has he causes a turnover...break up a play? That Cole interception first game...anticipation...speed to close..athletic ability to get in position to take it away...Ktamdi can't make that kind of play...but he good in cushion coverage and trying to limit the gain...we.need better 

I agree. One cannot look at tackles in iso. If a DB has a high level of tackles, pass break ups, INTs etc. then one can assume he is playing well, but then again maybe they are throwing his way a lot too because he is seen as weak in coverage. The eyeball test tells more than stats at many positions.

7 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Not much to complain about with this weeks roster. That’s about the best they could do with who is here and all the injuries 

Rookies are always scary, but I'm more fearful about our OL coming together, and our decimated DL right now.

Edited by GCn20

8 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Would still prefer to see some changes on the OL but apart from that I agree.  

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I agree. One cannot look at tackles in iso. If a DB has a high level of tackles, pass break ups, INTs etc. then one can assume he is playing well, but then again maybe they are throwing his way a lot too because he is seen as weak in coverage. The eyeball test tells more than stats at many positions.

Rookies are always scary, but I'm more fearful about our OL coming together, and our decimated DL right now.

I think dl is the only position you can look at tackles and evaluate any thing. Dl getting lots of tackles is impressive. 

Really worried about the ol’ and Zach the most. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Oh for sure...I agree...tho we can do much better there especially when the position doesn't need to be a Canadian one....do you not want the best possible talent playing? If Osh feels the need to give him moocho rep' as he obviously a Fav....stick him at safety where his ability would be more in line with his impact

I don’t mind him at dime for now.

Honestly I’d like to see one of the new DBs eventually take over Holm’s spot and Holm at safety. 
I like Holm, but to me he’s the perfect FS for todays game, I legit think he could be best in the league. I like Jake Kelly for S too, but Holm is absolutely perfect for it imo 

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Yea, context is everything especially in a stat like tackles. That's why I hate seeing tackles as an indicator of good MIKE play for instance. It might be....but it might not be as well.

100%. I’ll never forget the time Reggie Hunt set the all time record for tackles in a game, because we were throwing to Roberts and Sellers all day long. 

30 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The only real question for me is how healthy is bo? Is this some scheme, is he playing hurt will we use smith at rb if bo isn’t 100% lots of intrigue. 

Yeah I'm guessing he is still questionable to even play but they are leaving it to the last possible minute to decide.

6 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I don’t mind him at dime for now.

Honestly I’d like to see one of the new DBs eventually take over Holm’s spot and Holm at safety. 
I like Holm, but to me he’s the perfect FS for todays game, I legit think he could be best in the league. I like Jake Kelly for S too, but Holm is absolutely perfect for it imo 

Agree....They days of a heavy hitting safety are long gone....and Holm has next to no physicality at HB and the range he has and ability to cover from distance would love to see him at safety...he be a perfect guy for that and I could see him with Deqouy in Mtl level picks...if not more

As for the DC for once no real issue...for what we have on the PR is bestwe can do....Griffin is fine for Nichols as he has experience..Bonds is legit...and once Nichols is good to go would love to see a Bonds..Nichols...Griffin...Ford backfield with Holmboy at safety and BA a DI who can swing in for reps at safety...dime...wherever

Woulda liked to see Johnson tho get a shot at WR...And if anything a switch at center...just to see....BO on tho if not 100 percent is just dumb...especially now with Smith on the roster....let him heal and give another guy a shot to show something

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Agree....They days of a heavy hitting safety are long gone....and Holm has next to no physicality at HB and the range he has and ability to cover from distance would love to see him at safety...he be a perfect guy for that and I could see him with Deqouy in Mtl level picks...if not more

As for the DC for once no real issue...for what we have on the PR is bestwe can do....Griffin is fine for Nichols as he has experience..Bonds is legit...and once Nichols is good to go would love to see a Bonds..Nichols...Griffin...Ford backfield with Holmboy at safety and BA a DI who can swing in for reps at safety...dime...wherever

Woulda liked to see Johnson tho get a shot at WR...And if anything a switch at center...just to see....BO on tho if not 100 percent is just dumb...especially now with Smith on the roster....let him heal and give another guy a shot to show something

I don't mind BO on if he is really close to ready to go and a day may make all the difference or if they feel it is best to ease him back on limited reps. However, if he is a longshot and they added him anyway than it's a waste.

Edited by GCn20

39 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Not knowing the extent of his injury, why not rehab him till he's as close to 100% as possible before dressing him? Or maybe he is and they just want to bring him back slowly (i.e., game speed conditioning)?

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

Not knowing the extent of his injury, why not rehab him till he's as close to 100% as possible before dressing him? Or maybe he is and they just want to bring him back slowly (i.e., game speed conditioning)?

when have we done that before tho...we usually just plop em in...with no game conditioning....so not sure what the purpose of this...and especially with BO...give him the extra week to get right......especially with Smith on roster now

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

easing him in and if Augustine is getting stuffed we'll most likely see him sooner rather than later

Honestly the DC is better than last week, (I wish Nichols, Habba and Fox and BO were not injured) but we have 7 on the D-line and considering the injuries it looks pretty good.

Hopefully next week we have Nichols and a fully healthy BO.

We better figure out a run game and how to chew the clock on offence this week or big play VAJ will have his way with us

I wouldn't have minded seeing Mitchell get some reps at receiver and maybe Wilson gets sat.  Wilson has looked god awful.  No indication of any willingness to start and finish plays.  If he doesn't start being productive in this game I think he's gotta be done.  I can't believe we cut 16 guys that would be worse than him and Mitchell when the lights come on.