Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Agreed. I attended a coaches clinic in Texas years ago that illustrated the art of breaking down film, and I had no idea at that point just how poorly I had been doing it previously. lol. I fairness to almost everybody here, we are all trying to be film warriors from broadcast film and that is difficult to do zoomed in for TV.

I love watching all-22 film with NFL+, I’ve always wished the CFL had a similar service. 
It’s so hard to watch anything but the line (in slow motion, zoomed) on TV. Even then you’re assuming things 

44 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Aye, he did, he did

And at least one bad drop 

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

I love watching all-22 film with NFL+, I’ve always wished the CFL had a similar service. 
It’s so hard to watch anything but the line (in slow motion, zoomed) on TV. Even then you’re assuming things 

in all 24 you can see right away if the center makes the right call just how the line comes out of stance and attacks their blocks....or...look like turnstyles due to wrong call

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

they should be tho...any player should be constantly looking over their shoulder.....thats the whiole part of complacency that has crept in....Earn and maintain your spot...or be left by way side....shouldnt matter who you are..Perform...or be replaced...cut and dried

That's old school and doesn't fly anymore. Having guys worry about one mistake or one bad game is counter productive. You want to be patient with people because everyone has a bad day at the office time to time. 

That being said coaches need to be flexible and read their team and know when and where to make changes for the betterment of the group.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think week 4 Eli was back at it...week 5?....none the less...was given the job as we had no other real center available...didnt win or earn anything....

Yep, added back to the roster on June 30th, just in time for the week 4 game.  Had him listed at guard even though he had been practicing at center in earlier in camp (Dobson was listed as Kola's back-up). 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

That's old school and doesn't fly anymore. Having guys worry about one mistake or one bad game is counter productive. You want to be patient with people because everyone has a bad day at the office time to time. 

That being said coaches need to be flexible and read their team and know when and where to make changes for the betterment of the group.

we not talking one bad game....and there no reason not to be old school either....pro sports is performanced based and worrying about hurt feelings gets you nowhere...and on path we headed....Thomas..Kolo...Biggie now....arguably BA....This isnt a one off...it's decline....and age....

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

Yep, added back to the roster on June 30th, just in time for the week 4 game.  Had him listed at guard even though he had been practicing at center in earlier in camp (Dobson was listed as Kola's back-up). 

again...more lunacy with roster...Kolo is undersized and gets mahnhandled too much as your anchor in the middle...listed at 6'1 but he not...as he basically same height as me...and I am 6 feet even

I'd rather have a 6'4" 326 pound mauler in there...with athleticism...but whatev's...we can dare to dream

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

we not talking one bad game....and there no reason not to be old school either....pro sports is performanced based and worrying about hurt feelings gets you nowhere...and on path we headed....Thomas..Kolo...Biggie now....arguably BA....This isnt a one off...it's decline....and age....

But you said they should always be looking over your shoulder. Modern coaches who have the most success balance the forgiveness with making moves. Oshea used to do that but lately it seems they are really reluctant to make changes for God knows why reasons. 

As I said, a coach needs to know what changes to make and when. 

30 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But you said they should always be looking over your shoulder. Modern coaches who have the most success balance the forgiveness with making moves. Oshea used to do that but lately it seems they are really reluctant to make changes for God knows why reasons. 

well...yeah they should always.....modern coache's also have no issue replacing a guy who is inferior as well....a professional team is always...well should always be ooking to get better regardless of position and vet status...you won't purge them all....but you can always cut bait on 1 or 2 mid stream

1 minute ago, Booch said:

well...yeah they should always.....modern coache's also have no issue replacing a guy who is inferior as well....a professional team is always...well should always be ooking to get better regardless of position and vet status...you won't purge them all....but you can always cut bait on 1 or 2 mid stream

33 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

From a growth point of view, this mentality isn't about the coach, isn't about your boss, isn't about other team members, it's about the individual always pushing themselves to present the best version of themselves regardless of what others are doing.

That takes disciplined work physically and mentally.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Bonds should be set it and forget it, Griffin has CFL starts under his belt and Bridges *should* be okay. 

Not as worried as I’d normally be here. I trust our process in the secondary.

I like Bonds, I think he’s gonna be a good-great DB.
Our secondary and DL will be the least of our worries, especially once guys come off the 6 game. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

You keep saying this (you said it back in March too) but it seems like what you’re really looking for isn’t a discussion forum, it’s a diary.

I looked back through your post history. You haven’t really gotten into it with anyone, you just don’t seem to enjoy being asked to explain your opinion or being told that someone disagrees with you. 

Todays comment that I posted was/is based on current repeat comment(s) by others, other than yourself. 

I don't come on here looking for what has "Mike" posted, but since you have provided feedback, I will respond. Based on what you provide to this site, I know that you know your football and you do help others understand the game of football with your feedback, as well.. As mentioned, I don't often post, as its not worth getting into crap with others, including you. I do have different opinions at times and there are views by some that are very much this way and no other way, which is fine.

Mike, with you it goes back to your view on mock CFL drafts and mock CFL drafts that others come up with. I'm all for the mocks as they are presented leading up to the draft starting with Hodge (6 to 8 weeks prior). I put a lot of time into the prospects for the upcoming year, starting with the East/West Bowl that has been played with next years crop of prospects already, which you know. Late Sept. I start gathering more info on these prospects focusing more on the ones that are in the Cdn schools. Its my time in front of the puter and honestly I do put some time into it!!!! I've been doing this since I retired.

Now stuff that ticks me, is when someone posts a mock 18 hours (give or take a hour or two) prior to draft day and then boosts at as to how accurate that mock is. In my view, its like getting a cheat sheet hours before the final exam, sorry don't put much stock into that type of mock. I do look at different mocks CFL, NHL or NFL to a lesser degree, wow talk about different projections or predictions. Please look at Cap Friendly and see all the mock drafts for the upcoming NHL draft.

In conclusion, I will continue to limit my visits/views and nothing against you.  I'm fine with expressing an opinion, but my goodness, reading or hearing the same comment or complain day after day is a bit much. Its no longer a debate, its plain "over the top", was my point, besides siding with a poster. 

36 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I like Bonds, I think he’s gonna be a good-great DB.
Our secondary and DL will be the least of our worries, especially once guys come off the 6 game. 

we definately will have some real solid pieces coming back...and wicked crazy depth....thats a given

3 minutes ago, camper_2 said:

Todays comment that I posted was/is based on current repeat comment(s) by others, other than yourself. 

I don't come on here looking for what has "Mike" posted, but since you have provided feedback, I will respond. Based on what you provide to this site, I know that you know your football and you do help others understand the game of football with your feedback, as well.. As mentioned, I don't often post, as its not worth getting into crap with others, including you. I do have different opinions at times and there are views by some that are very much this way and no other way, which is fine.

Mike, with you it goes back to your view on mock CFL drafts and mock CFL drafts that others come up with. I'm all for the mocks as they are presented leading up to the draft starting with Hodge (6 to 8 weeks prior). I put a lot of time into the prospects for the upcoming year, starting with the East/West Bowl that has been played with next years crop of prospects already, which you know. Late Sept. I start gathering more info on these prospects focusing more on the ones that are in the Cdn schools. Its my time in front of the puter and honestly I do put some time into it!!!! I've been doing this since I retired.

Now stuff that ticks me, is when someone posts a mock 18 hours (give or take a hour or two) prior to draft day and then boosts at as to how accurate that mock is. In my view, its like getting a cheat sheet hours before the final exam, sorry don't put much stock into that type of mock. I do look at different mocks CFL, NHL or NFL to a lesser degree, wow talk about different projections or predictions. Please look at Cap Friendly and see all the mock drafts for the upcoming NHL draft.

In conclusion, I will continue to limit my visits/views and nothing against you.  I'm fine with expressing an opinion, but my goodness, reading or hearing the same comment or complain day after day is a bit much. Its no longer a debate, its plain "over the top", was my point, besides siding with a poster. 

mock drafts are just dumb at best of times really....hard to predict what bone headed moves some G.M's will make...or how they percieve talent

It’s probably easier to do an nhl mock draft with 32 teams than it is doing a 2 or 3 round cfl mock draft because you know with hockey it’s always gonna be best player available. Generally, you do have the occasional team who surprises  in the cfl draft the best players are getting nfl contracts now  and that throws a major major wrench in there  

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Booch said:

mock drafts are just dumb at best of times really....hard to predict what bone headed moves some G.M's will make...or how they percieve talent

It's not just perceiving talent either, GM's up here also have to try to gauge potential NFL interest.  No other league has to draft the "best of the rest" first after watching the top talent get poached so a CFL mock is really pretty useless except for starting conversation.