Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

51 minutes ago, Mike said:

no Gauthier makes me happy, Jake makes me sad

all in how they rotate though 

take the good with the bad.....wont be our best lineup, unless they give them a token "starter" tag....guess to justify the stupid salary on one of them, but rotate the snot outta them

36 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I am surprised by how much BA has practiced today. He's not being eased back in at all. 

Is he brace free?

35 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’m curious about their choice to not keep any extra edge guys if Garbutt is hurt

Seems like a poor choice to me … even with Bennett possibly (probably?) on his way here

going into 4 yrs now of some poor choices...deal with it with me haha

9 minutes ago, BBlink said:

If they are bringing Adams or Woods on the gameday roster I can't see how they wouldn't rotate them in. No reason Jake Thomas takes every snap. He won't.

We actually did that last year with Fox atleast once. DI'd him then he played 2-3 snaps all late. 

3 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Brady Oliveira and Brandon Alexander are practicing.

BREAKING: Mitchell still has his red shoes.

Garbutt isnt practicing. He has his jersey on but no helmet. 

cut him!!

16 minutes ago, bearpants said:

cut him!!

Is that a penalty these days or no? I haven't seen any thing on uniform code of conduct since blink got penalized/fined for having nikes with a white swoosh where the tape fell off. So he started blacking the swoosh out with a marker lol. 

10 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I hope we see 8 DL on the AR. I hope that Jake is a nominal starter but plays less than half the snaps.

Less than 1/4 would be preferable...it will be almost comical tho to see Adams..FOx.. Woods being disruptive..flying around.. backside pursuit...aggressive energy...then Jake's reps..just trying to push straight ahead..not being able to get off a block then jogging up to the end of the play to glad hand and high 5 guys 

This is from Ed Tait's recent interview with Jordan Younger, quoting Younger... 

"He (Younger) also offered this, when it was suggested the promotion helped keep him in Winnipeg rather than leave for another organization:

“I love being a Winnipeg Blue Bomber. I’m really close with Mike O’Shea. I would have been very happy staying here anyway. Moving up that coaching ladder is the optimal goal, but I’ve been around for a little while and Winnipeg is a special place.

“There’s some things you can’t put a dollar sign on and being in Winnipeg is one of them.”"

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Looks like Zach re-did his contract.

Recently? 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

dont like that

Might be a preventative thing or a comfort deal. Hope he still doesn’t need it. If he does he might as well pack it in now. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Recently? 

Might be a preventative thing or a comfort deal. Hope he still doesn’t need it. If he does he might as well pack it in now. 

3 years removed now from his rebuild....is rather concerning.....Generally once ytou have been rebuilt, and rhabbed....you don't require it, or use it....so not sure what deal is there..

23 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Today. 3DownNation should have a article out in 3 2 1 .....

Sounds like the usual bonus money swap for base with a bit of savings. 
Also sounds like we cut Coleman. 

Does Zach restructuring maybe mean a move is coming like a Mason Bennett and Coleman being released means you can drop a DL to the PR. Samson is likely. 

who is Griffin tho. The DB. Did he play in any pre season games. Didn’t hear **** about him. 

bonds and bridges seem like finds tho. Gemmel also. Adams looks like a stud. So 2 dbs a lb and a DL. 

Not bad. Think I counted about 15 guys not on the team last year. Including draft picks and T ford.  That’s a bit of change.

Edited by Goalie