Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Booch said:

man....how we have became so bad...so fast....right across the board...I think we got lightning striking at right time with the luck of having some upper echelon talent carry us thru despite the short comings and inadequacies...I truly starting to think that unless Osh has the legit horses...he just aint that good...seems to have no clue at times, and some of his beliefs and traits are seriously flawed...and his sug arrogance needs a re-adjustment....

Man I hope you're wrong about that.

16 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

How many guys said no thanks? That's what worries me. 

I like the type of receiver Alston is and maybe he ends up being a help but the way I look at it is we brought him in last season, still made him the first cut in main camp and now he’s the guy brought in?

no matter how you slice it, there’s an issue there. Our scouting? Our decision making with the roster? Other options passing on the offer, as you said? Whatever it is, not good 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

was deemed not good enough over guys we kept.....so bring him back?...as opposed to finding a new guy?.....like cmon man....I'd take Lucky before any camp cut....

The only way this makes sense is if Alston was hurt as the reason that they cut him. Or maybe they just need a guy that is super comfortable with the playbook at this point. 😕 

Edited by BBlink

1 hour ago, Booch said:

man....how we have became so bad...so fast....right across the board...I think we got lightning striking at right time with the luck of having some upper echelon talent carry us thru despite the short comings and inadequacies...I truly starting to think that unless Osh has the legit horses...he just aint that good...seems to have no clue at times, and some of his beliefs and traits are seriously flawed...and his sug arrogance needs a re-adjustment....

Think he actually pulled out some wins with all time D and special teams in terms of scoring and turning ball over....and a lot of that time period without truly great players.  Now has become super lax in those departments as a QB/Receiver driven team.  Bizarre to me.  It's like they aren't coaching the D to attack the ball, which was a hallmark of our team before 2021.  Special teams they are hoping doesn't cost them points, not that they will gain points from it.

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

I like the type of receiver Alston is and maybe he ends up being a help but the way I look at it is we brought him in last season, still made him the first cut in main camp and now he’s the guy brought in?

no matter how you slice it, there’s an issue there. Our scouting? Our decision making with the roster? Other options passing on the offer, as you said? Whatever it is, not good 

Need a guy who can step in and play.  With rapport with Collaros.  How much would any of the later cuts run with Collaros in camp?  Probably not much.  We only had a handful of longer receivers in camp.  Alston, Wheatfall, Keyaton Thompson, Bryce Mitchell.  The only guy who even made it to final cut was Wheatfall.

It's not like they gave him 200k a year and guaranteed money.

9 minutes ago, BBlink said:

The only way this makes sense is if Alston was hurt as the reason that they cut him. Or maybe they just need a guy that is super comfortable with the playbook at this point. 😕 

How much is someone who was here for a cup of coffee a couple of months ago and was cut going to retain? He would have to have an eidetic memory, not to mention the conditioning aspect.

Edited by Tracker

4 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

They kept 4 rookie American receivers out of camp. Regardless of who they bring in now it is really scraping the bottom of the barrel 

Shouldn't Josh Johnson be the next man up?  Maybe they're bringing Alston back to sit on the PR, after all his seat might still be warm.

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Shouldn't Josh Johnson be the next man up?  Maybe they're bringing Alston back to sit on the PR, after all his seat might still be warm.

They have 4 receivers on the PR now including Alston. Johnson Murphy Mitchell and Alston 

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

How much is someone who was here for a cup of coffee a couple of months ago and was cut going to retain? He would have to have an eidetic memory, not to mention the conditioning aspect.

He was here last season when they were playing real games so he’d have a significant leg up on someone who was here in camp and likely didn’t experience any real game planning…one would think anyway.  They’d know something about him.

4 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Need to replace 6’3 and 6’4

9 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

He might be the next man up. Still need another receiver on the PR when the next round of receiver injuries happens 

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

They have 4 receivers on the PR now including Alston. Johnson Murphy Mitchell and Alston 

I would assume that Mitchell and Johnson would come on for Wheatfall and Scheon if they aren't in the lineup. Alston seems like a "What if" type of pickup up. A guy who already knows the offence who could potentially be in the lineup this week if we had somebody go down in practice. 

10 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Need to replace 6’3 and 6’4

Have to replace Schoen & Wheatfall/Lawler.  Johnson would be next man up replacing Schoen.  Alston has the height to be the other replacement.

9 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

BC just released Fulgram. I'd really like to get him here.

that'd be a great pick up

Als also cut Jazston turnetine, who is an actual tackle and was real good at LT for the seminoles. Id cut kendall, one of our two imp guard projects for him in a heart beat. 

Edited by wbbfan