Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

I dont believe nor take much of what comes out of his mouth for much other than pointless babble

If Alston was hurt, then maybe they did have designs on him being part of the plan....he has the tools it would seem, and obviously should know the playbook.

Some these injuries can and will be a blessing in disguise, and force us to actually look and evaluate some players in a legitimate manner....and based on the pre-season games...and parts of the firat 2 gaes before the injuries came we have the makings of a real good dline....and could see quite an influx of talent later in the summer when they all get back to health.

Hopefully we let BA "rest" next game and then just keep 6 gaming him...let him get his pay for hisyrs of service that way, as opposed to Oshin' it as we have been with guys actually on the roster....Maybe the coaches will realize Thomas tweeked something in practice too and park him there as well....tough for him to get hurt when he tippy toeing around, and not going full bore like the other guys tho, or having no lateral moves where he may tweek something....and I guess the old adage goes there you can't pull...or injure fat.

Maybe this yr, our best option is to get hot after labour day and crawl into the cross-over....knock MTL off in the East Final...that be a nice redemption and win the Cup as the East Champs...cause right now we in a big hole and I have a hard time seeing us host a home playoff game with what we have seen

6 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

If Alexander is out, maybe try out Bridges on the Safety position? 

Also, I don't mind seeing Clercius starting on the other slotback position. We have nothing else on the receivers spot. 

Stick Holm there...and use a combo of Nichols..Bridges and Griffen as the HB's...Bond is solid on the corner...and Ford is finding his mojo

6 minutes ago, Rex_Banner said:

The way things are going this year the only guys that will have a miraculous run of health will be Thomas, and the crappy punter.   Schoen out sucks big time but it really can’t get much worse than losing every game anyways. 

I love how we all just call him “the punter” 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

O’Shea mentioned re: Alston today that he got hurt at the end of camp otherwise “tough decisions would’ve needed to be made”

Am I out to lunch or was he not the first receiver we cut? 

Yeah but we all know training camp and pre season have no value. 

45 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I love how we all just call him “the punter” 

I look forward to the day we can call him the punted 

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

3DN has Lawler at a base salary of 115k (would save us roughly 38k over 6 games) and Schoen at a base of 76k for the season.  The rest is signing, housing, travel or non-football bonuses for those guys. Maybe I'm misinterpreting how it works but those bonuses all sound like sunk costs (as they aren't performance related) so they should count against the cap, leaving only the base salary for potential savings.

https://3downnation.com/2024/05/09/the-cfls-15-highest-paid-receivers-for-the-2024-season/

You're right about incentives, Walters does not like using them as you can't accurately plan for them but that's not to say we don't give out other bonuses.

The only thing sunk are signing bonus and any roster bonus/salary already earned.  The rest is all salary just structured like that for tax purposes.  That salary on each game cheque is what is subtracted from the team overall number against salary management system at end of the year for salary earned during full 6 game IL stints.  Schoen and Lawler both in that 8000-9000 range on game cheque.

The whole league hardly does significant performance bonuses anymore.  You'll see guys with like a few thousand bucks for CFL all-star or even league awards.  QB's usually have a few hundred per game they play 50% plus of snaps if not starter.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

I’m delusional and I think if we brought in two of Oakman, Leonard, or Bennett we would be just fine. Our D line is struggling big time but I’ve liked what I’ve seen out of Adam’s, Fayad, and Woods. We just need more push. Our secondary all things considered looks promising. On the offensive side I like that we’re using Eli and Wallace. They both looked great. The key to our offense really is a healthy Brady. 

I'd still like to see Johnson or Alston on for Wilson.  Guy just hasn't seemed to build any connection with Collaros and missed too many plays.  Time to try someone else.

24 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I’m delusional and I think if we brought in two of Oakman, Leonard, or Bennett we would be just fine. Our D line is struggling big time but I’ve liked what I’ve seen out of Adam’s, Fayad, and Woods. We just need more push. Our secondary all things considered looks promising. On the offensive side I like that we’re using Eli and Wallace. They both looked great. The key to our offense really is a healthy Brady. 

Oakman is one of the most overrated players in the history of football.

28 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'd still like to see Johnson or Alston on for Wilson.  Guy just hasn't seemed to build any connection with Collaros and missed too many plays.  Time to try someone else.

Would agree with that if they weren’t already replacing 2 receivers due to injury. He made a few plays last week so that’s a step in the right direction at least 

I am a glass half full and half empty guy. All our injuries and will still could easily be 2-1 now. We might have to ride out some tough times but MOS and Walters have proven they know what it takes. To be honest we could be 3-0 and people would still be bitchin, harsh i know,but true.

3 hours ago, Rex_Banner said:

The way things are going this year the only guys that will have a miraculous run of health will be Thomas, and the crappy punter.   Schoen out sucks big time but it really can’t get much worse than losing every game anyways. 

Im sorry but Jakes time is up.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Breaking news!

If we are jumping all over rehashed missed news... then... 

3a10b6b2-fc5c-4afc-841d-4fbe73c07b0a_tex

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Oakman is one of the most overrated players in the history of football.

Overrated- sure. Better than what we have currently? Probably.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

42 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

If we are jumping all over rehashed missed news... then... 

3a10b6b2-fc5c-4afc-841d-4fbe73c07b0a_tex

Overrated- sure. Better than what we have currently? Probably.

We need a rush end.  We have plenty of interior guys, both nationalities.  We need another edge guy.  Fayad looks decent, but need to get Jefferson off the field more as well as compliment him if he's going to be useful at all.