Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

why you running thru potholes??...lol....jk

I actually probably train more...and harde now than when I played...which seems odd....but muscle is the longevity of life...and functional movement

I guess from having 2 total knee reconstructions...8 operations on 1 knee...2 on other...Total shoulder dislocation...2 broken hands....Brokene fore arm...multipe hammy pulls...2 fingers that wont totaly straighten...laceration of rib cage....who knows how many concussions....and lost about 3/4" in height....Continual training enables me to function hahaha...Mama's don't let yer babies grow up to be Football players

Motion is define life, I never had bad injury problems in football, my athletics frequently got derailed by getting injured off the field lol. Seems like I have no minor injuries these days though. It’s all stuff that derails me. 
 I actually kept training and only missed one day when I tore up my calf and just modified what I did. 

I wonder if it’d be worth cutting a deal with edm to get Mathis. They use their first on him then trade him to us for a first/package of player/nl/picks. Maybe kick in kola haha. 

10 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I wouldn't be worried with overall fitness of most of these guys whether they got "reps" or not and certainly not Schoen, but your statement makes no sense to me.

Say a receiver showed up 40 pounds overweight and they put him on the field.  That guy is far more likely to have his knee or achilles blow up.  Happens to us out of shape middle aged people all the time when we try to be athletic again.

Cool

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Football injuries are normal. But a run like this?? When the Riders suffered 9 torn achilles injuries four years ago in a pre season workout was that normal? 

It's really not all that much. Just happening to guys who are stars at the same position.

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

449373507_1012482870225045_2367617448140

Same as last week besides Johnson. Don’t love it obviously, but don’t hate it I guess. 
Kolo, Thomas etc.. 

Glad they’re using Josh Johnson. Don’t see how Jeremy Murphy would offer more value to this particular lineup than Alston, but I guess the latter needs another couple few years of seasoning on the PR.

fail....Murphy best we can do to replace Wheatfall/Schoen.....7 canadians starting on offence...so why 3 more on defence?...same weak parts...still ensconsed in their spots...BA doesn't practice all week...but slotted in.....No change on the oline interior?...More Thomas as "listed" starter...so assume high reps...Just another in the long line of wekassed depth charts....status quo she be....hello 0-4

Just now, Mike said:

I completely forgot he even existed until now - what’s Terry Godwin been up to?

getting his army reserve status...he heardit gets him a free pass to yr long rostering somewhere in the CFL

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

Calgary DB's walking on the field to line up against Onteria Wilson, Josh Johnson and Jeremy Murphy:

girl-asking-whos-that-j7klu5f3j2tkew68.g

and looking down our defence thru the middle...from one  dt spot thru to safety....and giggling

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

fail....Murphy best we can do to replace Wheatfall/Schoen.....7 canadians starting on offence...so why 3 more on defence?...same weak parts...still ensconsed in their spots...BA doesn't practice all week...but slotted in.....No change on the oline interior?...More Thomas as "listed" starter...so assume high reps...Just another in the long line of wekassed depth charts....status quo she be....hello 0-4

Show me a receiving corps that wouldn’t look like **** down the top 3 Americans. 

Agree with the rest but it’s hard to make more changes when every week a scramble to fill injury positions. 

Only real hope to win is ground and pound with BO and Strev 

1 minute ago, blue85gold said:

Show me a receiving corps that wouldn’t look like **** down the top 3 Americans. 

Agree with the rest but it’s hard to make more changes when every week a scramble to fill injury positions. 

Only real hope to win is ground and pound with BO and Strev 

To be fair, we’ve lost 3 receivers and added 1 to our roster since then so to a certain degree, it’s self-inflicted.

What happens if we have one guy go down this week? Ravi is up and then we have literally no backups left? I get it’s tough but we could be doing more.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

To be fair, we’ve lost 3 receivers and added 1 to our roster since then so to a certain degree, it’s self-inflicted.

What happens if we have one guy go down this week? Ravi is up and then we have literally no backups left? I get it’s tough but we could be doing more.

Agree they could bring more guys in but it would still be a **** lineup. 

Mitchell is still on the PR too. He can’t be a worse receiver than he was returner. 

Would be nice to see one of the guys that has played in the league before brought in. Tevin Jones, Godwin, hell even Lucky. 

The receivers are meh... but my biggest concern is still the lines... the interior Oline has been bad for 3 games... so I guess they'll just magically be better tomorrow?

And the Dline... maybe if we can play Fayad-Woods-Adams-Jefferson most of the game it could be ok... but Willie will be done by the 3rd quarter... Can we bring back Chauncy Rivers?? Or even as some have suggested... No Pee Leonard! As long as he's learned to relieve himself by now...

I'd rather have Mitchell or Alston on than Alexander on D.  

Kramdi and Cole are basically DB's so even without Alexander we'd have 8 DB's dressed.

That's a crazy thin receiver group just in terms of numbers given how inexperienced they are.

Hopefully they have some packages with Smith and Oliviera/Augustine out there together....maybe with Streveler....