Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

To be fair, we’ve lost 3 receivers and added 1 to our roster since then so to a certain degree, it’s self-inflicted.

What happens if we have one guy go down this week? Ravi is up and then we have literally no backups left? I get it’s tough but we could be doing more.

Same with DE...And DT...Brought in nobody when Haba and Fox got put on the IR...Woods is knocked....but our mindset is Thomas..Schmecks and Hubert are all top line replacements...and they just aren't...

Appears O’Shea has indeed lost the plot. 10 Canadians listed as starters. Good lord. Hopefully after this loss, we see some real changes forced on the roster. Walters needs to release players and that’s the only way change happens since O’Shea just can’t seem to see the forest for the trees anymore. Dude has obviously some form of bias towards washed up has beens. 0 and 4 0 and 5 0 and 6. At what point cuz this roster ain’t it. 

Edited by Goalie

Sad part...only changes that been made after 0-3 and looking horrible for most part at several positions are ones due to injury...and had no choice but to make a change...and havnt replaced that depth on PR or bring guys in onto actual roster

Performance based issues...not addressed whatsoever...and that's bad...Smith in for Mitchell was made...but if it wasn't there is seriously even more wrong than what's apparent 

Edited by Booch

Thomas getting prime Doug brown reps and refusing to admit kolo and neufeld are an issue is just insanity. Why can’t Walters fire O’Shea now. There is no way Kyle feels the same way as O’Shea. If he does, we got major problems. Why is Alexander still starting and on the roster. Dudes been cooked for the last year now. 

Edited by Goalie

I am stating to believe nothing changes until O’Shea is relieved of his duties and honestly I’m starting to hope that is sooner rather than later. Winnipeg is smart football fans. We know the deal. O’Shea can’t pretend we are Toronto where ppl don’t care. When will miller start caring? When attendance drops I guess but keep losing and sort of insulting the fan’s intelligence also and there will be lots of empty seats soon.  They have build some brand loyalty here but at the same time put out a **** product and people won’t pay to see it. Through 3 games there’s nothing to be excited about. That’s a huge problem. As fans we need something to get excited about and there’s been nothing. Surely Kyle and Wade aren’t gonna let O’Shea get away with to much more. Surely that Teflon is wearing off quickly. 

Edited by Goalie

Just so deflating looking at that roster.  I know the injuries are significant and have made things difficult, but wow…. The staff, O’Shea in particular, don’t see any need to make changes to the starting lineup.  The middle of our defense is a disaster and don’t get me started on rolling Kola out there again.  Ugh.  I’d be shocked if we win Saturday.  Really hope I’m wrong.

Hey All,

I just wanted to come on and say 'Go Bombers Go!'. I know the start of the year has been frustrating, and hopefully will bring about some change. O'Shea is stubborn but not stupid. He helped develop a team that has gotten to the 'Grey Cup' 4 years in a row.

Needed player changes will come over the year. And its better to have these issues cleaned up through this one than next when we host the Grey Cup.

I sincerely wish everyone a happy Canada Day, and enjoy the weekend. Drink a brew, spend time with the family, and cheer on our boys in blue!!

Matt

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Is there no veteran receiver hanging around that we can parachute in?

Realistically though that's a couple week process.  Like maybe they could have plopped Alston in there.  If they sign someone I'd expect them to play the second week unless we literally didn't have the bodies to fill the roster.

4 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

With all the great LB prospects brought in for TC, Ayers is left as the last man standing?  Maybe it's just me, but I've watched all games played so far multiple times and can't recall a single play he's made.

I haven’t seen him in any reps on D, only kick cover. 

33 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Travis Fulgham was released in BC .. he’d be worth a look.

That would be the best possible move. 

15 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

With all the great LB prospects brought in for TC, Ayers is left as the last man standing?  Maybe it's just me, but I've watched all games played so far multiple times and can't recall a single play he's made.

Prob cuz he’s only gotten 2 or 3 reps. You got plenty of veterans in front of him. Cadawallader( solid sp tms guy) prob has more reps on D than Ayers. 

19 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

He made a couple ST tackles against BC (both in the 3rd quarter).  He also had one earlier in the game wiped out by his own no yards penalty. 

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Prob cuz he’s only gotten 2 or 3 reps. You got plenty of veterans in front of him. Cadawallader( solid sp tms guy) prob has more reps on D than Ayers. 

Yeah. I know for sure biggie, Kyrie, and karamoko/cole have taken a huge huge majority of lb reps. Like 99% probably. 
 Also, tanner has always been good but this year he’s been by far our best teams guy. 

Just now, bigg jay said:

He made a couple ST tackles against BC (both in the 3rd quarter).  He also had one earlier in the game wiped out by his own no yards penalty. 

That no yards was really bone headed, rookies will be rookies though. 

8 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

My confusion is based on all the great playmakers at LB they disposed of quickly and why they would hold onto the one who's made only minor contributions on ST.  Is Ayers destined to be a replacement for Bighill or Wilson, why is he the chosen one?

giphy.webp

It's looking more and more like an 0-4 start .....IF that transpires there has to be some major changes....Sure there's injuries but compounding the problem by the roster we're fielding is tantamount to '''like they say in boxing' taking a fall...Walters has to step in and or Miller....I could see some falloff from last years performance BUT imploding like we are, was certainly not what many pundits and fans alike were predicting ...Hard to watch for sure

Just think tho....if we had no injuries...and looked like crap....we all know there would be no changes...roster juggling...anything to try and switch it up and find the right pieces.....and get things righted.....We got changes this yr from neccesity...not by choice...and sadly...and not to wish injury on any player...but the exact wrong players got hurt (FOX...Haba..Schoen...Lawler...Parker...Lawson...Garbutt) 

And guys like Biggie...BA...Wilson....Kolo got the defacto pass and annointed starting spots...regardless of what played out in camp, and you could argue likely better guys got walking papers...and to make things worse 2...3 of the guys mentioned are injured...dont ...didnt...or cant practice and participate in camp....but get dropped right in the lineup regardless....That cant sit well with younger...healthier guys bustin their ass in practice and thru camp to get bypassed...again and again.

And that nonesense with BO...sitting him a lot of the game...not being the starter when he said he was totally ready...to prove a point...send a message?...who knows but was a complete laugher and joke....Biggie says he good to go...even when he not and he plays 90% snaps....that shitss gotta stop...same with Thomas eating up double the snaps...doing minimal in his impact...and guys like Fox..Admas..Woods just produce...cause havoc and make plays....more idiocy.....son enough...if not some already doing it....a lot of the team just gonna go thru the motions and quit on the supreme leader....Time for the 2 Boss's to step in and end this farce

Edited by Booch

22 minutes ago, Stickem said:

It's looking more and more like an 0-4 start .....IF that transpires there has to be some major changes....Sure there's injuries but compounding the problem by the roster we're fielding is tantamount to '''like they say in boxing' taking a fall...Walters has to step in and or Miller....I could see some falloff from last years performance BUT imploding like we are, was certainly not what many pundits and fans alike were predicting ...Hard to watch for sure

I don’t believe any one in the organization was ready for this, and I think it’ll still take more to get past the shock and make some thing happen. I think we have to be worse than 2-4 at the 6 game point. However even at that it’ll be Really hard to bounce back with our mid schedule.