Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

I don’t believe any one in the organization was ready for this, and I think it’ll still take more to get past the shock and make some thing happen. I think we have to be worse than 2-4 at the 6 game point. However even at that it’ll be Really hard to bounce back with our mid schedule. 

good chance already...especially with a CGY loss tomorrow that we may be looking at a cross over to sneak in the playoff back door...and even that will be a tough task as Ottawa already beat us...and T.O likely does too...MTL already did...so it's no gimme that route either with this shitshow

2 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I don’t know, he looked every bit as bad if not worse than Wilson and Mitchell have for us, in a better passing office. Even this hard up, I’d pass. 

There are a bunch of experienced CFL receivers one year removed from playing not on a current roster, Brescacin, Ellingson, Wieneke, Shaq Evans, Cam Phillips, Whitehead, Derel Walker, all who will add more than a raw rookie.  Bombers need temporary relief delivered fast.

7 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Anybody else worried that the club will use injuries as an excuse and we'll see the same show in 2025 because I am.

If they were actively trying to bring in replacements to overcome the injuries, I might buy that excuse but they aren't doing that.  There just doesn't seem to be a willingness to change anything, injuries or not.

I’m still holding out hope they figure it out after the summer and sneak in, but it’s waining honestly. 

The 6-game, and the dumb decisions made with the players who miraculously aren’t on it. It’s just too much right now.
They’re going to get porked at least 2 or 3 more times I think. 

Lawson, Garbutt, Fox, Lawler and Wheatfall probably by LD or shortly after.
The question is whether those guys will be enough to overcome the weak links, both on the field and the brains of the coaching staff. 

It’s looking less and less likely, but there’s still that glimmer.
There was a western team that played a LOT of shitty football at the beginning of 2001.. 

The injuries definitely suck... but I don't think it's as dire as all that. Really just need the coaches to smarten up with how they build the roster.  That happens or it doesn't. If it doesn't then Kyle Walters needs to ask some hard questions of the coaches and go from there. 

These guys will not be content losing every week I know that much

20 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The injuries definitely suck... but I don't think it's as dire as all that. Really just need the coaches to smarten up with how they build the roster.  That happens or it doesn't. If it doesn't then Kyle Walters needs to ask some hard questions of the coaches and go from there. 

These guys will not be content losing every week I know that much

That’s just it. If, and that’s a big if, that happens, I could honestly see 8-10ish and a deep run given the guys slated to come back near the end of the summer. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Anybody else worried that the club will use injuries as an excuse and we'll see the same show in 2025 because I am.

I think if we miss the play offs mos old boys club gets taken out like old yeller. If we get blown out in a semi game probably still happens. More success than that, yes I think you’ll see another run back. 

23 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’m still holding out hope they figure it out after the summer and sneak in, but it’s waining honestly. 

The 6-game, and the dumb decisions made with the players who miraculously aren’t on it. It’s just too much right now.
They’re going to get porked at least 2 or 3 more times I think. 

Lawson, Garbutt, Fox, Lawler and Wheatfall probably by LD or shortly after.
The question is whether those guys will be enough to overcome the weak links, both on the field and the brains of the coaching staff. 

It’s looking less and less likely, but there’s still that glimmer.
There was a western team that played a LOT of shitty football at the beginning of 2001.. 

Yeah it’s real hard with our schedule. If we have a bad first 6 the middle section will be hard to make up ground. 

I feel like the 01 squad lost early but even going back to 00 ended playing hard competitive ball. Good teams lose close games great teams win the close games. 
 We did make some key vet pick ups in that era and had key young guys stepping up. We don’t have much of that right now. 

My issue is after 3 games and watching a few other games, bombers after 3 weeks ain’t in the same league as anybody else. Maybe Hamilton. Edmonton could be 3 1. We could be what 1 and 2 and if being honest with the way we have played 0 and 3 looking at 0 and 4 don’t seem that wrong. In my opinion right now the bombers are the worst team in the league and the problem appears to be nobody who actually matters recognizes it or is willing to admit it. I don’t think it’s just O’Shea at this point. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

My issue is after 3 games and watching a few other games, bombers after 3 weeks ain’t in the same league as anybody else. Maybe Hamilton. Edmonton could be 3 1. We could be what 1 and 2 and if being honest with the way we have played 0 and 3 looking at 0 and 4 don’t seem that wrong. In my opinion right now the bombers are the worse team in the league and the problem appears to be nobody who actually matters recognizes it or is willing to admit it. 

Nailed it. We’ve got upside but people are treating us like the 21 team is showing up one day. It isn’t. 

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think if we miss the play offs mos old boys club gets taken out like old yeller. If we get blown out in a semi game probably still happens. More success than that, yes I think you’ll see another run back. 

Yeah it’s real hard with our schedule. If we have a bad first 6 the middle section will be hard to make up ground. 

I feel like the 01 squad lost early but even going back to 00 ended playing hard competitive ball. Good teams lose close games great teams win the close games. 
 We did make some key vet pick ups in that era and had key young guys stepping up. We don’t have much of that right now. 

Sorry, I was talking about the 01 Stamps. They had a lot of guys at the tail end, started off getting beat up by everyone, got it together in the end. Of course Wally’s strengths as a coach are O’Sheas biggest weaknesses in that regard so idk 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Couple plays different this team could be 2-1... Ottawa and BC games were there for the taking.

Ottawa game I agree. BC game, I’m not so sure. It was 2 fuckups by Fulgam away from being out of hand earlier imo. 

Still though, imagine this team with BA, Kolo, Thomas sitting and the injured guys who are actually due back. It would be night and day imo. 

18 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I'm expecting a record of 9&9, or threabouts and if that comes to pass, O'Shea will be gone, one way or another.

Why. We have been well above it for years. Why would he be fired after 1 bad season? I really don’t think that’s happening anytime soon as much as I think that maybe it should. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

We gave up 500 yards to B.C.  that game really wasn’t that close at all. 

Score says otherwise.

2 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

was 2 fuckups by Fulgam away from being out of hand earlier imo. 

Well if we're excusing **** ups then we got a number to choose from by the Bombers to make the performance better

50 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Score says otherwise.

Well if we're excusing **** ups then we got a number to choose from by the Bombers to make the performance better

I get it, but had these two specific ones (fumble deep in Bomber territory, and drive killing route mistake shortly after) not occurred, BC would have had at least another 2 FGs before the Bombers got their **** together, therefore making it an insurmountable lead. 

BC also took a knee at the end. Even when Bombers had the lead briefly, it never felt like they had control at any point, or were the more talented team anywhere in the game. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny