Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Sorry, I was talking about the 01 Stamps. They had a lot of guys at the tail end, started off getting beat up by everyone, got it together in the end. Of course Wally’s strengths as a coach are O’Sheas biggest weaknesses in that regard so idk 

Ohh that makes sense. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Couple plays different this team could be 2-1... Ottawa and BC games were there for the taking.

We were closer to being blown out twice than winning 2. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Score says otherwise.

Well if we're excusing **** ups then we got a number to choose from by the Bombers to make the performance better

Score flattered us by a lot. 

53 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

U ever sleep? Or ,work? Just curious.

Work too much and sleep not nearly enough. 

29 minutes ago, Booch said:

I dont...lol...well I work....but I can work from anywhere...and do my own thing while doing it....so work all over the place and annoy you poor bastards here! lol

Pretty similar. Work frequently involves me waiting, and being on my phone. 

In all reality...whatever funk we are in...inadequacies with personel....coaching decisions and in game startegy...roster....bias toward certain players/ratio....I truly dont see who we have at HC pulling us out of it, or doing the proper things...unless someone from above steps in and lays down the boom.

We are where we are right now....soley due to him...sure there been some injuries that didnt help...but we also really have done nothing toadress it...as our HC thinks that guys who aren't good enough to be on the roster originally can step in and not miss a beat

3 hours ago, Booch said:

In all reality...whatever funk we are in...inadequacies with personel....coaching decisions and in game startegy...roster....bias toward certain players/ratio....I truly dont see who we have at HC pulling us out of it, or doing the proper things...unless someone from above steps in and lays down the boom.

We are where we are right now....soley due to him...sure there been some injuries that didnt help...but we also really have done nothing toadress it...as our HC thinks that guys who aren't good enough to be on the roster originally can step in and not miss a beat

Trust me... We all understand. The horse is long dead. 

Maybe he found a Time Machine to go back to when his feet still worked…but Whitehead is just another guy in that 6’ and under mix.

We need a couple guys with a catch radius who can work in traffic.  Guy I was thinking of who is done is Darvin Adams…like that style of receiver.

I would consider someone like Wieneke as a stop gap just to get someone who is somewhat useful on the field.

Hopefully Alston can play and catch the ball.

The Bombers, as they're currently made up, have many problems. Of the problems, I think that one of the major ones is that our Canadian talent, starting Canadians in particular, is sub-par. Three stand out (in a bad way) to me: Kolankowski, Thomas and Kramdi. I'll pick on Kramdi for no particular reason. Kramdi in my view isn't starter material. He tends to lose his man in coverage or closes too fast and loses contain.

In spite of all of the problems, three of the four games played so far have been winnable. I'm not jumping off the ledge just yet as I think that there's still plenty of season left to turn things around and squeeze into a playoff spot (crossover?).

On 2024-06-28 at 3:30 PM, rebusrankin said:

Anybody else worried that the club will use injuries as an excuse and we'll see the same show in 2025 because I am.

What do you mean by "The same show"?  I don't think any changes would be made to the coaching staff or the quarterback position.  But certainly there would be a lot of player movement.

29 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

What do you mean by "The same show"?  I don't think any changes would be made to the coaching staff or the quarterback position.  But certainly there would be a lot of player movement.

I think they'll continue the country club approach, keep the old guard and not make the major changes needed.

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Not impressed if we are spending money on Lucky Whitehead but i guess we are desperate at this point. I thoughtJosh Johnson and Wilson got activated in the 4th quarter. Not sure why we are signing him.. Can he rush the passer or block?

How much are they honestly spending though? 
I’m meh on signing him, but the money isn’t an issue, even with *just* Schoen on the 6-game it wouldn’t be. 

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Bring in Lapo as an offensive consultant!

I think I might actually be serious...

To be Lanny LaTaskis maybe, keep him tf away from calling plays though. 

1 hour ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

The Bombers, as they're currently made up, have many problems. Of the problems, I think that one of the major ones is that our Canadian talent, starting Canadians in particular, is sub-par. Three stand out (in a bad way) to me: Kolankowski, Thomas and Kramdi. I'll pick on Kramdi for no particular reason. Kramdi in my view isn't starter material. He tends to lose his man in coverage or closes too fast and loses contain.

In spite of all of the problems, three of the four games played so far have been winnable. I'm not jumping off the ledge just yet as I think that there's still plenty of season left to turn things around and squeeze into a playoff spot (crossover?).

That's cause you don't know how to evaluate talent.  Kramdi had a good game.  Pressure, tackle for loss, etc.

1 minute ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

How much are they honestly spending though? 
I’m meh on signing him, but the money isn’t an issue, even with *just* Schoen on the 6-game it wouldn’t be. 

They're between a rock and a hard place here. Now that we're 0 and 4 they feel like we have to get desperate. Personally it would have been better to wait and have more money to spend on NFL cuts like potentially Mack. But if they don't start winning games now no NFL cut is going to want to sign with a team that has a limit chance of making the playoffs. Im not even sure if Lucky has anything to add to a CFL team at this stage. Im only ok with this if he was given at or near rookie money and no gaurentee of starting. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

That's cause you don't know how to evaluate talent.  Kramdi had a good game.  Pressure, tackle for loss, etc.

I agree with you here. Kramdi is not an example of bad Canadian talent.  The issue on this team isn't Canadain talent it more our lack of young American talent. We started 10 Canadians yesterday. 

14 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Bring in Lapo as an offensive consultant!

I think I might actually be serious...

I wouldn't want to lose his youtube content.