Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

It’s one of the things people would never stop talking about if not for us being such a good team.

It’s the same level of disrespect directed towards the fans as what Mike Kelly used to deliver, it’s just dressed up differently 

I disagree.  Kelly would be willing to tear guys down and go into depth on why what he was doing was great.

O'Shea isn't going to talk about personnel as a full boundary.  He isn't going to dissect players in public.  And that's fine.  Whenever he is engaged on intelligent football discussion about tactics, schemes etc he will go into great depth and engage.  It's just that we don't really have media who can engage that way.

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I disagree.  Kelly would be willing to tear guys down and go into depth on why what he was doing was great.

O'Shea isn't going to talk about personnel as a full boundary.  He isn't going to dissect players in public.  And that's fine.  Whenever he is engaged on intelligent football discussion about tactics, schemes etc he will go into great depth and engage.  It's just that we don't really have media who can engage that way.

in a recent interview this year when asked about the dl guys brought in partway thru camp that OSH said... "you can never have enough ends on your roster" the question should then be asked "well based on that, why did you have 2 guys sit on PR nad not dress last yr, when we only had 2 legit ones playing" see how he spins that?....follow it up with the "Al Couture would not allow a player to play at less than 100%" can you comment as to why you dressed 4 guys who were unable to perform when you had healthy options?....See how he spins that

Edited by Booch

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

There shouldn’t be a barrier of entry based on the wording of questions for fans to get information from a show promoted to fans 

For sure…but if I’m obligated by my employer to do a show with an unwilling participant, I’m going  to try to maximize my chance at a decent conversation that holds some value.

Big question: What can a conversation look like, that fans want to hear and the coach agrees to discuss?

@Noeller thoughts?

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

MOS has been the same in interviews since the first one he gave in Winnipeg, likely before that. Why are folks complaining about it now?

I don’t think anyone’s complaining necessarily I think we’re just running out of things to talk about.

let’s go back to talking about how negative TBURGESS is all the time for four pages of this thread 

2 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

For sure…but if I’m obligated by my employer to do a show with an unwilling participant, I’m going  to try to maximize my chance at a decent conversation that holds some value.

Big question: What can a conversation look like, that fans want to hear and the coach agrees to discuss?

@Noeller thoughts?

should be changed to "the Blue Bomber Weekly" and have players..management...coaches all participate...we can get wjhat OSH says in his daily pressers....

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

in a recent interview this year when asked about the dl guys brought in partway thru camp that OSH said... "you can never have enough ends on your roster" the question should then be asked "well based on that, why did you have 2 guys sit on PR nad not dress last yr, when we only had 2 legit ones playing" see how he spins that?....follow it up with the "Al Couture would not allow a player to play at less than 100%" can you comment as to why you dressed 4 guys who were unable to perform when you had healthy options?....See how he spins that

Yeah but you won't get a satisfying answer to that anyway. You'd get fluff about roster limitations, had dl guys on the roster already (just ones no one else liked such as Bennett or jackson) don't underestimate O'Shea's ability to give a non-answer.

Just now, 17to85 said:

Yeah but you won't get a satisfying answer to that anyway. You'd get fluff about roster limitations, had dl guys on the roster already (just ones no one else liked such as Bennett or jackson) don't underestimate O'Shea's ability to give a non-answer.

oh I know...I wanna see his BS answer....or if he gets all crotchety....I assume both hahaha

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It's too bad 3Down has lost the insider kind of edge it started with.  At least 7 of the 9 people making those predictions contribute nothing journalistically.  Abbott fawns over BC and Hodge's basic knowledge of the sport is lacking.

RadioRyan was about the most sensical take in that whole article. Let that sink in for a minute.

Just now, Mike said:

Agreed wholeheartedly. I genuinely think he’s so competitive he doesn’t want to put anything out there for the masses that he doesn’t have to

MOS just simply is the type of guy that does not ever show his cards in the media. Boring...but I get it.

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

oh I know...I wanna see his BS answer....or if he gets all crotchety....I assume both hahaha

But we can already give his answers. I just gave you exactly what he'd say about his DL last year, regarding no one butn100% players, we'll they were medically cleared and ready to go. Boom answered.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But we can already give his answers. I just gave you exactly what he'd say about his DL last year, regarding no one butn100% players, we'll they were medically cleared and ready to go. Boom answered.

hahaha......too bad tho they werent able to play...being all healed...But I hear you....He is a lying sac-o lol

Just now, 17to85 said:

I mean the question I want answered is why keep so many guys for so long when they had no chance of making the team.

I can answer that ala MOS...."we wanted to have a good look and liked how they practiced...hard....Number 79 always brought ou the water bottles too...his teamates liked that"

11 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

The funny thing is O'Shea, in the couple of times I have talked to him, is very engaging and easy to talk to.

which is funny as when he was a player was one the bigger jackalopes playing....almost prickish...still was smug tho lol

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I can answer that ala MOS...."we wanted to have a good look and liked how they practiced...hard....Number 79 always brought ou the water bottles too...his teamates liked that"

It's an important opportunity for those guys to get out and play, get some film. 

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It's an important opportunity for those guys to get out and play, get some film. 

You want recruits leaving with the feeling that they have been given every opportunity to make the team. Never wanna have the rep that recruits are just TCF. Also, there are probably a half dozen guys we released that may end up back here through circumstance. Just because we cut them today doesn't mean we are throwing away their phone number.

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

that too lol....for whom I not sure but still important

For us. That's who. We may end up with a couple or more of those guys back here yet if injuries hit, or guys just don't play well that we initially kept ahead of them. There were several positions where the staff had some extremely tough decisions, so that's a good thing and a good reason to give guys, that you know you are going to cut but only based on a small factor, some playing time. Gemmel falls down and twists his knee, maybe Moses is still available, or Mitchell' s hands don't improve we grab a different receiver back that has gone a full camp with us.

Edited by GCn20

Just now, Booch said:

that too lol....for whom I not sure but still important

He would also never admit that guys were going to be cut, every one playing can step up and grab a job! 

So who wins the Pre season awards this year?

The Tony ortiz, pre season MVP award goes to, Moses.

Most improved player,  Schmekel.

The Rock cartwright award for, he was good in camp honest, we really like him, goes to Mcghee.

The prestigious damian jackson, award for guy whose here and will play more than he should, eric lofton. 

The Made the club from the tub group is too long to list. 

The Jake Thomas, damn he's old he's still here? I hope we don't play him too much award goes to... Jake thomas. 

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

You want recruits leaving with the feeling that they have been given every opportunity to make the team. Never wanna have the rep that recruits are just TCF. Also, there are probably a half dozen guys we released that may end up back here through circumstance. Just because we cut them today doesn't mean we are throwing away their phone number.

For us. That's who. We may end up with a couple or more of those guys back here yet if injuries hit, or guys just don't play well that we initially kept ahead of them. There were several positions where the staff had some extremely tough decisions, so that's a good thing and a good reason to give guys, that you know you are going to cut but only based on a small factor, some playing time.

You're 100% right on that. I feel like what we did would've made a bunch of guys feel like nothing but TCF. But I don't know for sure. Maybe they fooled guys. Not that guy who didn't dress for either game though. I think he knew he was TCF. 

13 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

You want recruits leaving with the feeling that they have been given every opportunity to make the team. Never wanna have the rep that recruits are just TCF.

Vs. Keeping them around the while time and cutting them regardless of how they've performed? Like our import running backs 2 years running. Tons of reps in game, decent production but sorry you were just a warm body in camp.

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Abbott evens admits this in a separate article.  Missing a bunch of key players on both sides of the ball and I don't buy that they'll end up changing their philosophy a ton because they have Stanback.  If it turns out that last year wasn't a fluke and he's washed, what then?  Back to the 90% aerial attack with lesser players?

https://3downnation.com/2024/06/03/over-or-under-b-c-lions-rife-with-questions-despite-heavy-2024-win-projection/

I don't mind them for contract info and that sort of thing but yeah anything opinion-based is not great to say the least.

Watched the highlights of the Lions/Elk preseason game, Stanback running with good speed and power so it looks like he's well prepared for the season, whether they make use of him or not is another matter.

Looks like BC also found an exciting returner/receiver in Berryhill.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

They hate us cause they ain't us.

Yup....seems like every June we have to trot this one out...

james-franco-the.gif

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Paul Friesen says hold my beer...keg...