Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Id like to see a scheme also when we have Zach back where essentially there's a 3 back set. Streveler, BO, and Zach.  At the last moment on of Zach and Streveler motions to receiver and the other slides over and accepts the shotgun snap.  This would prevent defensenses from doing too much to shut down the RPO stuff with Streveler because until 2 second before the snap they have no idea who's going to be in a qb. 

So you want to play 11 on 12 to keep the defence honest? 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

So you want to play 11 on 12 to keep the defence honest? 

Tbh at this point zach being on the field is already playing down a man any way. When we also spot the other team and advantage on the line with our interior ol, lack of depth wrs right now and feltmate man it’s like power play football for the opponent all the time. 

40 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Id like to see a scheme also when we have Zach back where essentially there's a 3 back set. Streveler, BO, and Zach.  

Right there...

So you’re saying on the plays where Streveler is qb Zach’s not really going to be doing much?   That would present some issues 

Edited by Colin Unger

13 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

So you’re saying on the plays where Streveler is qb Zach’s not really going to be doing much?   That would present some issues 

… what exactly do you think he would be doing 

27 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

We have running backs who can play that position better than a quarterback and we have receivers who can play that better than quarterbacks can. 2 qbs on the field is a gimmick play you run once or twice to try and catch a team napping. It's not a regular thing.

10 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

I think i have the solution...  move Jake Thomas to offensive right tackle .... he is so good at plugging up the line by just standing there ... make MOS  happy too

Perfect!  & brilliant !!!

LOL

Get him returning punts too!

17 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

In terms of Collaros being back next week so they wouldn't consider the idea of needing Streveler the last the season. Yeah that was the entire point I was making.

If all Streveler can be is a run first QB then we never should have gone into the season with just him and Wilson as backups.

They weren't going to keep Dru Brown as they can't have two qbs taking over a third of the salary cap. The plan all along was to sign Streveler & ditch Brown. Besides, Brown wanted to leave anyway. While he looks better than Dustin Crum handling the Ottawa offense, I have my doubts Brown is ready to be a starting qb in the CFL. He seems to be just above average at the control of the RedBlacks, he certainly doen't look like the Next Big thing. Brown looks slow  getting rid of the football. Certainly not very athletic. He could have benefitted from staying another 2 years as a Bomber under Zach. 

10 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Tbh at this point zach being on the field is already playing down a man any way. When we also spot the other team and advantage on the line with our interior ol, lack of depth wrs right now and feltmate man it’s like power play football for the opponent all the time. 

This. We saw in last night's game on short yardage the Hamilton FB go behind Center in shotgun while Mitchell lined up as a receiver. Mitchell just stood there doing nothing. he wanted no part of the play. So then, why bother? Mitchell isn't much of a receiver. He won't block or catch the ball lest he injures himself. So, he's a useless decoy. Like Mitchell, moving Zach over to another position just takes him out of his comfort zone & his concern about getting injured. 

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Well when your best current receivers are 2 maybe even all 3 of your Canadians. Lucky ain’t so meh anymore. 

yeah a lot of people are really under appreciating what he can bring, and what It may will allow us to do with the offence, especially in the Strev offence. Part of whats ailing us is having bsiclly 3 gys right now at any given time that are as green as green can be, and don't have a grasp on the nuances yet...an where to go when theysee certain looks. That and they have to actively think and then make their decison, whereas with Lucky it will be instinctive muscle/mind memory moves, and those fraction of sections are huge

1 minute ago, Booch said:

yeah a lot of people are really under appreciating what he can bring, and what It may will allow us to do with the offence, especially in the Strev offence. Part of whats ailing us is having bsiclly 3 gys right now at any given time that are as green as green can be, and don't have a grasp on the nuances yet...an where to go when theysee certain looks. That and they have to actively think and then make their decison, whereas with Lucky it will be instinctive muscle/mind memory moves, and those fraction of sections are huge

I'm not convinced Lucky is that WR. I know what you mean...I just haven't seen that in his game. He will be useful for sure. But I think it'll be more as a burner downfield/sweeps etc.

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm not convinced Lucky is that WR. I know what you mean...I just haven't seen that in his game. He will be useful for sure. But I think it'll be more as a burner downfield/sweeps etc.

he definately knows where to go underneath and when/where to sit down to give a QB a target. I dont think he was brought in for a deep threat for 50/50 balls....Moreso for intermediate stuff....use in the option...je=t sweep game and running crossers and intermediate seems...if for anything to take a defender with him to clear out zones...and if he does gets the ball in space...he definately will be an issue to contend with

Edited by Booch

15 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And if Lucky fails Romby Bryant is only 44 and still a willing blocker.

We need more of a Bakari Grant type 

If anything too, it will open things up a little bit for Demski and Wolitarsky.  Lucky can take a hitch to the house at any time if he’s being ignored. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They weren't going to keep Dru Brown as they can't have two qbs taking over a third of the salary cap. The plan all along was to sign Streveler & ditch Brown. Besides, Brown wanted to leave anyway. While he looks better than Dustin Crum handling the Ottawa offense, I have my doubts Brown is ready to be a starting qb in the CFL. He seems to be just above average at the control of the RedBlacks, he certainly doen't look like the Next Big thing. Brown looks slow  getting rid of the football. Certainly not very athletic. He could have benefitted from staying another 2 years as a Bomber under Zach. 

I don’t think anyone on here is foolish enough to believe they could have kept Zach and Dru.
Those of us in the Keep Brown camp wanted them to trade Collaros and his albatross contract in the off-season (when teams still would have bit) and let Brown continue to develop as a 1A with Strev. I still feel like that would have been the most sound big picture decision. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny