Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

We released Ali Fayad as well

I'm assuming he's hurt... Definitely a shame. He was really looking good. 

If I’m a young player I avoid the bombers right now. It’s got to be disheartening to see fayad released when Wilson and Alexander still are around. And I get they are veterans but they have made less of an impact than Fayad did. I’m sure Edmonton will sign him tho. 

Edited by Goalie

Crazy. Looking at the stats last game , Fayad and Thomas aren’t on the list. 
Willie. Hubert. Woods Adams all made plays. Guess Jake and Fayad did not. 

Willie. Jake Adams Garbutt. Hubert woods schmek? 

We're already 2 players over on our PR so there was no room for another player there at the moment. It could be that Garbutt is coming off the 6 game IR early. I never heard what his injury was or anything since.

After adding Alston, Case and now Whitehead to the PR, I wonder what that might mean for Mitchell, Wilson and Johnson? Something has to give.

Just now, Blue In BC said:

We're already 2 players over on our PR so there was no room for another player there at the moment. It could be that Garbutt is coming off the 6 game IR early. I never heard what his injury was or anything since.

After adding Alston, Case and now Whitehead to the PR, I wonder what that might mean for Mitchell, Wilson and Johnson? Something has to give.

We could release half the pr and nobody would care. There’s nobody on there with upside currently. They seem to use the PR to keep around below avg players. 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Crazy. Looking at the stats last game , Fayad and Thomas aren’t on the list. 
Willie. Hubert. Woods Adams all made plays. Guess Jake and Fayad did not. 

Willie. Jake Adams Garbutt. Hubert woods schmek? 

I would like to see Wj...Adams..Woods...Garbutt get lions share in 40 and 30 fronts....Then Use Hubert the most....out of the 3 Canadians...and would have Kept Fayad  and Schmeck...and if he continues to not progress give Samson a go...No need for Thomas really...why waste reps on a guy who has no future past this season, nor any real influence on many plays...let alone the game Thats the best we can put out there in my opinion with what we have available unless we pick someone up

Ideally would be nice to roll out WJ..and  1 or 2 of  Woods..Fox..Adams and Lawson up the gut...depending on the front with Garbutt and Hubert being seasoned, and if roster allowed Fayed (for now) rounding out the group.... 

give us a real versatile DL rotation and at same time eliminate some dead weight...will that happen...nope...not with Osh Oshin'....but if we did...we'd be looking good....then correct that LB group on the fly

We solid with Ford/Bonds/Nichols....Holm I still think is weak and wayyyy better suited as a true free safey back there and I like what Griffen brings and would I think do well at HB...and brings a physicality there we need

37 minutes ago, Goalie said:

We could release half the pr and nobody would care. There’s nobody on there with upside currently. They seem to use the PR to keep around below avg players. 

Can't disagree for the most part.  I'd be looking for some new bodies to replace several of them soon. That said, I'm not sure what happens or when with 3 receivers added to the PR recently. You'd think that puts a couple of the AR at risk.

Disappointed about releasing Fayad. He looked pretty good. Why not release Mitchell? He’s absolutely useless as a returner and as a receiver. I don’t understand. We’ve been under manned on the DL and just getting by and we bring one guy back just to release one guy, especially one who was useful for us. Again it’s looking like poor roster management from the Blue Bombers. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

32 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Jake, Kyrie and BA are going to keep haunting us until they are released or most likely not signed in 2030.

Kyrie is underated and very good, the issue is with Bighill lacking the range, he is being spread thin

We should have made a play for titus wall, as an upgrade to Kramdl who is serviceable but not elite

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Kyrie is underated and very good, the issue is with Bighill lacking the range, he is being spread thin

We should have made a play for titus wall, as an upgrade to Kramdl who is serviceable but not elite

I have no issues with Wilson either...still can go sideline to sideline and make plays....his 2 partners back there tho make the group pretty weak....shore up MLB and SAM then evaluate the group

27 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

23 minutes ago, JCon said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9520iqomessgdwa37ou15

Bryant definitely looked to be in pain after the play where it happened.  He waived off the trainers and played the rest of the game.  Hopefully he’s available come game time.

Feels like must-win vs Calgary and the glimmer of hope from last week has me bracing for angst and pain instead of resigned disappointment.  I guess that’s an upgrade?

3 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Bryant definitely looked to be in pain after the play where it happened.  He waived off the trainers and played the rest of the game.  Hopefully he’s available come game time.

Feels like must-win vs Calgary and the glimmer of hope from last week has me bracing for angst and pain instead of resigned disappointment.  I guess that’s an upgrade?

Big Stan is the least of our worries. Just so consistent ,watched him after that injury, actually played better. Hes simply the Best LT to ever play the game up here.