Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

Occasionally Matty will spotlight a little piece of the game that teaches me something.  But mostly I enjoy him because I live his spirit and enthusiasm for the game, and he generally doesn't put lipstick on any pigs.

The best TSN color guy for in game analysis seems to be Forde ... generally he's worth listening to.  Would love to see Lapo try color, see if he can do his crisp explaining in the few seconds he's got between plays....

26 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I’m captain of the plop the oc sucks. But even as a leader he is better. I actually thought he would be solid as a hc if he could keep his hands off the offence in game. 

Yeah lapos bug weakness as a coach is his offensive playcalling. Dude knows football, he just doesn't know when to go for it and when to play it safe. Down by 2 scores with little time left is the best lapo.  Up by 2 scores with half a game left is worst lapo. 

33 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Occasionally Matty will spotlight a little piece of the game that teaches me something.  But mostly I enjoy him because I live his spirit and enthusiasm for the game, and he generally doesn't put lipstick on any pigs.

The best TSN color guy for in game analysis seems to be Forde ... generally he's worth listening to.  Would love to see Lapo try color, see if he can do his crisp explaining in the few seconds he's got between plays....

He did one or two Games last year, I caught the end of one before a bomber game. It was excellent.

So I generally remember Bombers by their best moments rather than their worst -- I remember Michael Bishop throwing laser bombs all day against the Als and I remember Ritchie Hall absolutely owning the Lions last year, and I remember Justin Goltz throwing that crazy TD to  Clarence Denmark at the Skydome .... and I remember Lapo's Grey Cup 2019 game where he had the Ticats chasing smoke all day. Lapo had some frustrating moments in blue but he had his high points too.

Edited by johnzo

31 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He is a better head coach than he is oc if you ask me. 

That 22-50 record as a head coach doesn't look too good. But his offenses as an OC have always been near the top of the league 

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

That 22-50 record as a head coach doesn't look too good. But his offenses as an OC have always been near the top of the league 

Tricky part is as a head coach he was also the oc... and his offenses there were most certainly not near the top of the league.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah lapos bug weakness as a coach is his offensive playcalling. Dude knows football, he just doesn't know when to go for it and when to play it safe. Down by 2 scores with little time left is the best lapo.  Up by 2 scores with half a game left is worst lapo. 

And came across as stubborn and inflexible as an offensive play caller. 

Just now, Mike said:

Bighill/Sankey being on a top 50 list while Evan Holm, Dewayne Hendrix, Ben Hladik, Nyles Morgan, etc are not is wild 

You're not wrong... I just knew it was going to be "cause for concern" around here... So much past reputation/ name recognition voting.

Ok guys ok let’s ok go ok cuz ok we ok can ok beat ok these guys ok.  Lapo a terrible coach but great analyst on tsn. As an oc I didn’t mind him. Head coach. Dude was the smartest guy in the room.  But I remember hearing one of his pre game speeches and thought. Yup. Not a leader. Neither am I tho. 

43 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Mos had a similar record into 2019. now some people think he’s infallible. 

There’s a few people who have a 0 and 0 coaching record also and they think they know how it all works. Just saying. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Tricky part is as a head coach he was also the oc... and his offenses there were most certainly not near the top of the league.

Didn’t help that he had an injured starting QB almost every year he coached. But one of his biggest flaws, self-admittedly, was that he was a micro manager as a head coach and did not put trust in his assistants to run their units, especially the offence. When he was simply the OC, whatever deficiencies with the play calling that people disliked, the results did quite often place the Bombers near the top of the league in offensive performance. 

5 hours ago, Atomic said:

No he didn't lol. His record heading into 2019 was 45-45. That's not remotely similar!

You’re right I was looking at the wrong meet of numbers.
 However Plops years here as a hc his record was 20-34 mos in the same amount of time was 22-31 in which time plop won a division final and made a grey cup, where as mos lost a divisional semi final. If Glenn doesn’t get hurt, we win in 11 and mos never starts working here. 

7 hours ago, Mike said:

TSN’s top 50 players list yet again shows how low the level of intelligence is amongst our overall media 

Brady not in the top 5 says they do booger sugar before submitting their choices

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

However Plops years here as a hc his record was 20-34 mos in the same amount of time was 22-31 in which time plop won a division final and made a grey cup, where as mos lost a divisional semi final. If Glenn doesn’t get hurt, we win in 11 and mos never starts working here. 

Glenn got hurt before the '07 Grey Cup.  They were never going to win in '11, period.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

LaPo 16-28

Osh 23-31 (but he was also 16-28 through the same number of games)

Glenn was not the QB in 2011. He got hurt in 2007 when Doug Berry was the head coach.