Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

Hubert has nice potential....but that being said I don't see him as a ready for primetime lions share of reps guy yet...nor do I see him actually anything more than a real nice rotation piece to allow a WJ and whomever else we roster a breather

Lucky....athletic for sure...and a motor but I seem to recall him not too effective when matched up against the big boys, and shedding blocks...etc...and this all goes back to pedigree and from where he came from...no offence to him but its just fact. Same with a guy coming straight from the NCAA as a rookie and making an impact....whereas it is super rare for a CIS kid to do the same...it's all about the training...coaching...competition...etc...the pedigree.......so this rostering is a bit suspect at best

I don’t even get O’Sheas thought process. Like is he trying to get fired ? If I didn’t know better I’d say he is. How else can you explain this. Walters or wade gonna have to step in soon cuz its apparent O’Shea has lost the plot. 

Lucky isn’t on the roster. 

Wilson Johnson and Mitchell are

Edited by Goalie

Hubert has potential and is fine as a rotational piece this year but shouldn't be starting. Then you compound it by having a European who has yet to see game action as his backup? We'd be laughing if another team did this. Honestly other than Hansen, can you name a non kicker global who has had an impact? 

As for MOS and his contract, he is under contract through 2025, if this season goes off the rails, I could see the team firing him and eating the final year. They'd like make Buck coach.

23 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Fayad must have been dating O'Shea's daughter or something. What the heck is the rationale of cutting him for an obviously inferior global this week. Not saying Fayad should be here long term but jeeze how did it make sense if you weren't going to pull Garbutt off the 6 game early?

We get to draft 2 global players and they make the roster by default. Zero competition. Fayad must have really been bad if we have to activate him as a replacement. I guess we'll see how this works this week. Regardless we better be bringing in a couple of players for the PR.  Garbutt might be available next week but Haba might not be available for quite some time? At best we're thin, thin, thin at the position.

Be interesting to know what old bob Irving thinks about this season and O’Sheas losing of the plot. We host in 2025 and we just gonna run it back aren’t we with the same old veterans. This season is a write off. You can tell already. And nobody being brought in so yup 2025 is gonna be a disaster. Unfortunately after 10 years it’s time for O’Shea to prob be sent packing. Don’t care about coaches cap. That’s a stupid excuse. Sports is a what have you done lately thing. And lately. O’Shea has lost the plot. 

Edited by Goalie

13 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I don’t even get O’Sheas thought process. Like is he trying to get fired ? If I didn’t know better I’d say he is. How else can you explain this. Walters or wade gonna have to step in soon cuz its apparent O’Shea has lost the plot. 

Lucky the de

Why not put in Lucky for Wilson, who has shown zilch?

On the other site, one poster was touting how good Thomas has been. Seriously, who else starts him? Not Montreal over Wynn and Johnson. Not Toronto with Brinkman and Williams. Bc with Banks and Covington is another no. No way he starts over Sayles or Hendrix in Hamilton. Ok, I'm going to stop before I ended curled up in the fetal position crying.

Just now, Goalie said:

2 fullbacks also. 

honestly. What do ppl think walters is doing right now besides throwing things. 

Would it make you feel better if Feltmate was listed as a linebacker, or a corner?  There's 5-6 guys on every team who are on the roster for special teams which ends up being about 1 out of 6 plays in the game.

23 minutes ago, Goalie said:

O'Shea gets blamed for the roster decisions and the buck should stop there (no pun intended)
but how much say does younger and buck have in who we play, and keep on the roster? Buck and Younger/Hall are veteran coaches and O'Shea has never been accused of running a dictatorship so what gives?

People who are disagreeing. Name 1 thing you are seeing that tells you things are gonna get better. We have 1 passing TD in 5 games. We are starting 11 Canadians. A week after a stupid play kramdi is being promoted. The roster management. Myron Mitchell. 2 fullbacks. Starting Jake Thomas over Adams when you don’t need to. I don’t get it. Honestly. Guess ppl just refuse to see the facts. There’s nobody on the PR with a future. 

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Why not put in Lucky for Wilson, who has shown zilch?

On the other site, one poster was touting how good Thomas has been. Seriously, who else starts him? Not Montreal over Wynn and Johnson. Not Toronto with Brinkman and Williams. Bc with Banks and Covington is another no. No way he starts over Sayles or Hendrix in Hamilton. Ok, I'm going to stop before I ended curled up in the fetal position crying.

Lucky hasn't taken a snap in a very long time. And has been in WPG for all of 4 days? Last time he played for WPG they had a different OC. He needs time. Rushing him in is a great way to lose another rec to injury....it's not like that's something he's struggled with his entire professional career.

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

O'Shea gets blamed for the roster decisions and the buck should stop there (no pun intended)
but how much say does younger and buck have in who we play, and keep on the roster? Buck and Younger/Hall are veteran coaches and O'Shea has never been accused of running a dictatorship so what gives?

This roster management has been a problem for 10 years. None of this stuff is new. We were just winning so it was glossed over. Now we can’t even throw a passing TD so the issues here are now being talked about. Pretty simple. Winning hides the faults, losing brings them out. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

People who are disagreeing. Name 1 thing you are seeing that tells you things are gonna get better. We have 1 passing TD in 5 games. We are starting 11 Canadians. A week after a stupid play kramdi is being promoted. The roster management. Myron Mitchell. 2 fullbacks. Starting Jake Thomas over Adams when you don’t need to. I don’t get it. Honestly. Guess ppl just refuse to see the facts. There’s nobody on the PR with a future. 

Lol you need to take a step back man. Its July. In 2019 the team was a lock for 1 and done in the playoffs and that was in late Oct. Last year MTL was a joke in July. I don't think anyone is pleased with the outlook right now. But writing off 2025 is hyperbole in its finest form lol.

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Lol you need to take a step back man. Its July. In 2019 the team was a lock for 1 and done in the playoffs and that was in late Oct. Last year MTL was a joke in July. I don't think anyone is pleased with the outlook right now. But writing off 2025 is hyperbole in its finest form lol.

Those other teams were actively trying to get better. We are actively trying to get an extra draft pick for starting 11 Canadians. I don’t get how ppl can see what’s happening and think yup we just about there. I mean if the guys who were struggling were being sat out , ok but nope. If we had younger guys on the PR learning but nope we don’t. We expect a team of cooked veterans to all of a sudden be better? lol. Honestly. How?  These guys aren’t gonna get better. They gonna get worse

Edited by Goalie

39 minutes ago, Goalie said:

You also think collaros is our best option to win so not sure if you watching games from 4 years ago here but the roster management and other issues will get him fired sooner than you think. You really think Walters and wade gonna let this crap continue all season? Go 1 and 8 1 and 9 and guess what? Ppl won’t buy tickets. O’Shea is playing with fire here. Winnipeg is a smart football city. We all know the deal. If most of us can see this you don’t think wade or Kyle will. The roster is being handicapped weekly. 

I edited my post probably after you were already working on your reply to make it clear that I was only focusing my opinion on what I think Wade would do. Not on what I think Wade "should" do.   If Wade and Walters are convinced that the roster management is killing the team they'd probably deal with it with O'Shea rather then just firing him and replacing him with no coaches cap until his contract expires. They would want to salvage to good things about Oshe without risking life after O'Shea.

I think our best bet to win is to use both Zach and Chris at QB and find a way to keep them both healthy. I don't think that Zach is finished and with good protection he'd still be doing well.  This week will be interesting. He's going to have to play well or else the boo birds will be out to get him. He should be playing with a chip on his shoulder this week knowing his job is on the line.

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Those other teams were actively trying to get better. We are actively trying to get an extra draft pick for starting 11 Canadians. I don’t get how ppl can see what’s happening and think yup we just about there. We ain’t close tho. 

In July they were trying to get better? Lol. Changes to those clubs didn't come until late in the year.

Again...you should probably just take a step back and realize there are 12 games left. 3 months before things get really interesting. I was fully expecting this to be a down year (not this down mind you). You're picking fights/making points no one else is lol. Who has said "we're almost there?" Outside of 1 off poster, who has said they're happy with the roster? We have help coming (injury returns) which should improve things.

Writing off a season(nevermind 2!) after 5 games is about as dumb as it gets in the CFL. That's not me claiming things will get better.... simply stating that teams have absolutely turned things around after some struggles. 

Feel free to continue with the hyperbole if you want, it's your day/week to ruin I guess. 

Edited by Bigblue204