Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

I'm not quite seeing the reason to think this team has no chance going forward. Despite all the complaints somehow all opponents outside of Montreal failed to dominate this team on the scoreboard. We've played 4 games in a row that came done to who was going to make one play and we lost 3 of them. The team has a lot of problems but somehow  there must be something they're doing better than their opponents to remain competitive week after week despite the obvious flaws. 

29 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

At least we have Myron Mitchell on to model the uniform.

Who needs a pass rush?

yeah did he even step on the field last game?

I think there are plenty of reasons for optimism. That doesn't mean I don't also see issues. I just think it's not so dire.

Our defense has actually had pretty good results, especially given the situations that the offence has put them in repeatedly. We've got the 3rd fewest offensive points allowed, tied for second fewest TDs against, 4th in net offence allowed, 2nd in passing yards allowed, middle of the pack in forced turnovers. It's not all rosy, as we are getting carved up on the ground where we are 9th in yards allowed per game. But overall, the defence has been decent.

It's the offence that has really struggled. We're basically dead last in every category. We've also had injuries to two of the top receivers in the league and to Brady and Zach. My biggest worry is with the OL... they need to be better. We need more Brady and Streveler, even when Zach is healthy. Get the OL in run blocking situations where they are better than they are in pass pro. But I still see hope - I'm not of the opinion Zach is totally done. In fact I think we see a huge game from him tomorrow and then suddenly we're 2-4, on a 2 game winning streak, and right back in the mix.

The visions are clear now. I see possible futures, all at once. Our enemies are all around us, and in so many futures they prevail. But I do see a way, there is a narrow way through.

10 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I'm not quite seeing the reason to think this team has no chance going forward. Despite all the complaints somehow all opponents outside of Montreal failed to dominate this team on the scoreboard. We've played 4 games in a row that came done to who was going to make one play and we lost 3 of them. The team has a lot of problems but somehow  there must be something they're doing better than their opponents to remain competitive week after week despite the obvious flaws. 

lol. Right cuz BC putting up 500 yards and then stopping at our goal line is close. Yes they are competitive against Ottawa lol but Montreal and BC , 2 good teams  **** kicked us despite the end scores  

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Why are you even responding? Shouldn't you just go and wait for the 2026 season to start?

lol. Some of you take opinions so personal it’s insane. Honestly. Have you ever been told no? Cuz sounds like maybe you haven’t. You’ll learn one day not everyone always agrees on fan forums and that’s what makes them work. Differing opinions upsets you? Must be a millennial 

Edited by Goalie

7 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I think there are plenty of reasons for optimism. That doesn't mean I don't also see issues. I just think it's not so dire.

Our defense has actually had pretty good results, especially given the situations that the offence has put them in repeatedly. We've got the 3rd fewest offensive points allowed, tied for second fewest TDs against, 4th in net offence allowed, 2nd in passing yards allowed, middle of the pack in forced turnovers. It's not all rosy, as we are getting carved up on the ground where we are 9th in yards allowed per game. But overall, the defence has been decent.

It's the offence that has really struggled. We're basically dead last in every category. We've also had injuries to two of the top receivers in the league and to Brady and Zach. My biggest worry is with the OL... they need to be better. We need more Brady and Streveler, even when Zach is healthy. Get the OL in run blocking situations where they are better than they are in pass pro. But I still see hope - I'm not of the opinion Zach is totally done. In fact I think we see a huge game from him tomorrow and then suddenly we're 2-4, on a 2 game winning streak, and right back in the mix.

The visions are clear now. I see possible futures, all at once. Our enemies are all around us, and in so many futures they prevail. But I do see a way, there is a narrow way through.

100% agree with this. Season is not lost by a long shot and championships are not won in July.  

29 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Why not put in Lucky for Wilson, who has shown zilch?

On the other site, one poster was touting how good Thomas has been. Seriously, who else starts him? Not Montreal over Wynn and Johnson. Not Toronto with Brinkman and Williams. Bc with Banks and Covington is another no. No way he starts over Sayles or Hendrix in Hamilton. Ok, I'm going to stop before I ended curled up in the fetal position crying.

not Winnipeg over Adams and Woods/Fox......ooops....my bad

26 minutes ago, Goalie said:

2 fullbacks also. 

honestly. What do ppl think walters is doing right now besides throwing things. 

yup...pointless as well especially with 7 oline guys dressed...another no need roster move MCI in...Feltmate out...and at the lest give Samson some game day roster time and see what he has...or Charbonneau who would help on teams....cripes even Jeremy Murphy....to see if he has the chops...or time to cut baiot as well and replace with a different player....These couls also ll be in lieu of Thomas 

28 minutes ago, Pete said:

O'Shea gets blamed for the roster decisions and the buck should stop there (no pun intended)
but how much say does younger and buck have in who we play, and keep on the roster? Buck and Younger/Hall are veteran coaches and O'Shea has never been accused of running a dictatorship so what gives?

co-ords have input...end of the day HC sets roster and co-ords have to work from what they have and what the coach wants....A lot of times a HC will say who and how he wants reps used as well....And nobody will convince me that Younger wants Thomas for 80% of snaps...and some Schmeck...when with what he wants to run and scheme the use of Adams..Fox and Woods would make his scheme lights out....but he has to follow the HC 

Same with SAM...Osh wants to play his Canadian Boi there, but if you were to ask younger off the record if he would like Wilson..Griffen....heck even Bridges I bet you my left nut he would say damn straight...and I like ol Lefty...Maybe I wil ask

1 minute ago, Booch said:

not Winnipeg over Adams and Woods/Fox......ooops....my bad

yup...pointless as well especially with 7 oline guys dressed...another no need roster move MCI in...Feltmate out...and at the lest give Samson some game day roster time and see what he has...or Charbonneau who would help on teams....cripes even Jeremy Murphy....to see if he has the chops...or time to cut baiot as well and replace with a different player....These couls also ll be in lieu of Thomas 

co-ords have input...end of the day HC sets roster and co-ords have to work from what they have and what the coach wants....A lot of times a HC will say who and how he wants reps used as well....And nobody will convince me that Younger wants Thomas for 80% of snaps...and some Schmeck...when with what he wants to run and scheme the use of Adams..Fox and Woods would make his scheme lights out....but he has to follow the HC 

Same with SAM...Osh wants to play his Canadian Boi there, but if you were to ask younger off the record if he would like Wilson..Griffen....heck even Bridges I bet you my left nut he would say damn straight...and I like ol Lefty...Maybe I wil ask

Careful dude. Them sounds like differing opinions. Is that allowed anymore cuz seems ppl get upset with differing opinions 

Edited by Goalie

9 minutes ago, Atomic said:

this is true...but that being said...it could have and can have great results if use of players is done to the best of our ability...why settle for good?....Good won't get it done...good hasnt got it done for 2+ yrs now

23 minutes ago, Goalie said:

lol. Some of you take opinions so personal it’s insane. Honestly. Have you ever been told no? Cuz sounds like maybe you haven’t. You’ll learn one day not everyone always agrees on fan forums and that’s what makes them work. Differing opinions upsets you? Must be a millennial 

I'm not sure what you're not understanding. People aren't disagreeing with most of your points lol. What point are you making that's so different than what's been expressed since week 1? The only thing that makes you look delusional is you opinion that it's a sure fact the rest of this year and 2025 will be a disaster. So much can change in that time. 

If you're not sure why people would respond to your posts on a discussion (key word) forum...I'm not sure what to tell ya

Feel free to continue with belittling entire generations of people...that doesn't make you seem unhinged at all

Edited by Bigblue204

I’m not saying we’re 2011 BC lions but that season they started 0-5 and then beat us in the grey cup. Like anything there’s things to be concerned about, there’s also been some areas of improvement and optimism as well. I’m not going to give up on the season yet even though I’ve been frustrated by the roster management. 

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

That’s a sick pass rush, what the actual **** are we doing with our roster? Jefferson, a 7th round Canadian and a 220 pound Global. Great.

we are standing pat, and not maximizing our roster...or looking to be better...thats what we are doing....it's kinda embarrassing to be honest

10 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I very much hope so. He has that homerun speed the backfield is missing.

I just hope having ZC back that it doesnt means he will have tunnel vision..yet again...try to force everything to Demski and Woli and ignore everyone else....Johnson I truly think would put up some numbers if actually used. I alos think we sleeping on Clercius and mismatches he can bring

If ZC is still turning up the suck tho...I hope he is on a very very short leash...But reading Osh's comments in a article how he still clings to the belief that he says ZC is best in the league leads me to believe we will have a full game of watching him implode even more until he gets hurt.

Also his steamer for Kramdi is bordering on comical...as are some those comments....good god

Edited by Booch

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

You forgot about the crème de la crème. Jake Thomas. 

I'm assuming he's the nicest guy on the planet that everyone loves and adores (which is great btw) but even us lay people don't have to be walked thru game tape to know he should not be on the field.

His time came some time ago to shift to something else whether its in football or not.

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

we are standing pat, and not maximizing our roster...or looking to be better...thats what we are doing....it's kinda embarrassing to be honest

I just hope having ZC back that it means he will have tunnel vision..yet again...try to force everything to Demski and Woli and ignore everyone else....Johnson I truly think would put up some numbers if actually used. I alos think we sleeping on Clercius and mismatches he can bring

If ZC is still turning up the suck tho...I hope he is on a very very short leash...But reading Osh's comments in a article how he still clings to the belief that he says ZC is best in the league leads me to believe we will have a full game of watching him implode even more until he gets hurt.

Also his steamer for Kramdi is bordering on comical...as are some those comments....good god

Yeah I'm hoping he learned something last week? But who knows. I can see a streveler chant starting early if he hasn't improved. 

In terms of getting better....the money should be there now, especially with Schoen being done. I will continue to hope for some real competition to be brought in..but that hope is turning to frustration quickly.

30 minutes ago, BomberBall. said:

Another clunker of a roster.  I don’t have the energy to go into that again.

Any chance Smith gets some offensive reps this week?  I think I already know the answer….

Yep all of that. 

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

That’s a sick pass rush, what the actual **** are we doing with our roster? Jefferson, a 7th round Canadian and a 220 pound Global. Great.

Genius roster management too great for us mere mortals to grasp, or to quantify with silly performance metrics or “wins” 

Wonder how strong next years draft is gonna be