CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

15 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Nope. Maybe if he coughs up 30k, with interest though… lol 

so out of curiosity, how does that work? because he bailed on his contractual obligation to the Bombers, he is still Bombers property? Wouldn't retirement just negate that? or does that mean he cannot sign a one day contract because he is still under contract with the Bombers?

19 minutes ago, bearpants said:

so out of curiosity, how does that work? because he bailed on his contractual obligation to the Bombers, he is still Bombers property? Wouldn't retirement just negate that? or does that mean he cannot sign a one day contract because he is still under contract with the Bombers?

That is correct. He retired suspended with a contract dispute. Retiring from suspended list would just have him return to the suspended list. Otherwise guys could abuse retirement left right and centre. 

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

That jerk refused to return the cash........let him sit in the suspended/retirement list till he returns his ill begotten gain

Waited till the very last minute strung us along even into camp, which is bad enough. BUT if he had decided it was right then called it and returned the cash, fine, thats the risk you run with an old guy. But stealing that roster bonus and refusing to show was soo low. Screw that guy. 

Just now, blue85gold said:

No Lawler, Olivara, Nichols, Haba ,Fox is a lot to over come. 

The whole interior of the oline looks terrible. 

I don’t want to be the broken record again (but i’m going to anyway) Fox and Haba wouldn’t be as huge of a loss if we’d had Woods on the roster where he should be

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Ottawa had 8 DL,  according to their depth charts Edmonton is going with 8 and Montreal with 7 tonight but we go with 6. 🙄

And Montreal rotates the most of any team. 7 for them is 7 guys who will play a decent chunk of reps. 

9 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

But we had 2 extra O-linemen to play TE, and 2 fullbacks. 

not enough navy seals. 

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Ottawa had 8 DL,  according to their depth charts Edmonton is going with 8 and Montreal with 7 tonight but we go with 6. 🙄

and no real rotational guy for end...a guy out of position isnt the answer....we just luckyAdams is a right stud and can play any spot and excell there

2 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

But we had 2 extra O-linemen to play TE, and 2 fullbacks. 

thats how you craft awesomeness....especially when you ignore using the Nationlized American rule...makes it super awesome

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

and no real rotational guy for end...a guy out of position isnt the answer....we just luckyAdams is a right stud and can play any spot and excell there

thats how you craft awesomeness....especially when you ignore using the Nationlized American rule...makes it super awesome

“We’ve got a lot of good players. They’re good…they’re just….really good” 

-MOS actually 

Just now, 17to85 said:

And he's right... we do have a lot of really good players. Now, do we have a functional team?

or a functional HC in how to utilze them...

24 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Well that was the point of what I was saying. You need a good roster not a collection of good players

I know...I was augmenting it lol