CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

There’s gotta be some changes next game or they may not recover in time. Bombers look like a team who could be relegated if that was a thing right now. I don’t see much to be positive about. Got nothing to cheer for really. Guess I’ll try and be more positive to bring good vibes to the team so I’ll say lord Keric looks like he has ability and he’s new so there’s that. Think it’s time to bring back Chris smith tho and maybe even another DL and LB like Thomas or Moses even. We need guys here cuz the guys we got don’t got it no more. Time to actually develop the future of the team. Time for Osh to coach. Time for a changing of the guard in the room to the younger guys. The next generation. The Brady’s and Demskis sill here so you got good local leaders. Time to let them lead. We need some talent up here asap if we want to salvage this season. 0 and 2 looking at 0 and 3, with really very little positives through 8 quarters is concerning. To say the least but lord Keric is a find. There’s your 5th guy when everyone’s healthy.  Cut Wilson and Mitchell cuz all they do is not catch balls even in pre season.  Now let’s get a few more younger guys to chat about. Adams and lord Keric are both solid and could be very good. 

Edited by Goalie

I think you could really send a message tho by cutting Neufeld and BA.  2 guys. Prob all it takes. Bighill and Kyrie should go also but start with neufeld and BA who are cooked like casey rocket. Same with our punter. There’s tons of global kickers around or let Castillo do all 3 and get Fabian Weitz, solid special teams global on the roster. Our special teams suck so maybe let the starters play instead of dressing the cadawalladers of the world. 

Edited by Goalie

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

I don't want to join the negativity but we have, objectively, looked like BY FAR the worst team in the league so far...

Yeah we have. Edm could actually be a 500 team this year. 

We really need to win the next 3 in a row to go into LD at .500 

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

I think you could really send a message tho by cutting Neufeld and BA.  2 guys. Prob all it takes. Bighill and Kyrie should go also but start with neufeld and BA who are cooked like casey rocket. Same with our punter. There’s tons of global kickers around or let Castillo do all 3 and get Fabian Weitz, solid special teams global on the roster. Our special teams suck so maybe let the starters play instead of dressing the cadawalladers of the world. 

Head and shoulders the most effective ST player last game, bad choice.

6 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Head and shoulders the most effective ST player last game, bad choice.

Jameison? Nah. Cadawaller has been our best teams guy in both games. We gave up almost 14 yards per punt in return, the 47 he was punting wasn’t great by any means. He had one really good punt that’s it. 

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Didn't realize you could release a vet due to injury. If so, what is the plan for Noah Hallett?

He missed all 2023 due to injury. Starts 2024 on the 6-game. He has dressed for a grand total of 11 games in 4 seasons as a Blue Bomber.

Six tackles total or 1.5 tackles per year. 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Ahhh that makes some sense. Kinda fishy but I don’t know that they’d get more from rose than from our film last year with the jy change. 

Sucks for rose. I gotta think that’s it for him now up here. 

4 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Didn't realize you could release a vet due to injury. If so, what is the plan for Noah Hallett?

He missed all 2023 due to injury. Starts 2024 on the 6-game. He has dressed for a grand total of 11 games in 4 seasons as a Blue Bomber.

Six tackles total or 1.5 tackles per year. 

You can before the cut date, after that they’d need to be bought out i think.

You can keep them around and having them on the 6 game is optional. Doesn’t cost the sms but player is still paid. Really depends on if you think the player makes your roster after the injury or not. Any doubt might as well cut and let them rehab a lone. Some times, players also want to rehab at home on their own vs rehab at the facility with team staff. 

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Titus Wall signed in Montreal. 

Damn thats a good get for them. 

51 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Walters spent all his money like a degenerate gambler in Vegas, got nothing left to repair the car now.

With all the injuries we easily couldve added a guy like that. Namely lawsons 6 game money. 

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

I’m still delusional and think we’re going to bring in Oakman, between him, Jefferson, and Adam’s that would be a scary unit with some potential.

It would give us some much needed depth too.  Between Fox, Haba, Garbutt & Lawson, we are running very low on starting caliber DL.