CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

One of the best ideas I've heard ALL YEAR......LOL....Then after the calls work, they could herd these beautiful animals into a pen, and have a petting and viewing area at the back of the stadium....for adults and kids alike...You gotta think big in this league

With cups.

Fabian Weitz is apparently a strong special teams player but he’s on the PR while lesser talented globals who do nothing well play instead.  Roster management once again. 

Edited by Goalie

On 2024-06-20 at 3:31 PM, Arnold_Palmer said:

In comparison in 2019 we got desjarlais, kongbo, Brady, Eli, Hallett and Exume. Man that was a solid draft for us.  

Walter's best draft of his tenure.

Starting RG in Ottawa

Rotational defensive end 

Starting half back

A guy who should be Starting at centre

Two depth defensive backs

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Wonder what that's all about, can't just be on field performance Ti-Cats are pathetic all around and he's only been there a couple of months.  Maybe Reinebold wants his job back.

Reinbold wasn’t happy on his exit iirc, and he’s coaching in Hawaii again. I don’t think he’d come back from that to coach under the same management that is now a bottom dwelling team. 

the fact our cover team was soo bad with him last year and is already soo much better says a lot. 

6 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Reinbold wasn’t happy on his exit iirc, and he’s coaching in Hawaii again. I don’t think he’d come back from that to coach under the same management that is now a bottom dwelling team. 

the fact our cover team was soo bad with him last year and is already soo much better says a lot. 

Could be his job was doing exactly what O'Shea told him to do, he was always within ear shot, without those instructions maybe he had little to contribute.

8 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Could be his job was doing exactly what O'Shea told him to do, he was always within ear shot, without those instructions maybe he had little to contribute.

I’d speculate complacency.  Everyone figured out his schemes and he didn’t/couldn’t switch it up. 

You don’t get 7 years up here and a long NFL run previously without having something, it’s usually more of a matter of not being able or willing to adapt, or a personality issue that leads to these situations. 

Could be a personal or health issue we’re not aware of too. It’s strange that someone’s success at their job would just plummet like that over 2 years, in multiple settings, for no apparent reason. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

19 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’d speculate complacency.  Everyone figured out his schemes and he didn’t/couldn’t switch it up. 

You don’t get 7 years up here and a long NFL run previously without having something, it’s usually more of a matter of not being able or willing to adapt, or a personality issue that leads to these situations. 

Could be a personal or health issue we’re not aware of too. It’s strange that someone’s success at their job would just plummet like that over 2 years, in multiple settings, for no apparent reason. 

I'm not sure how much his stock plummeted here (although ST was garbage last year) but I think the coaches cap played a factor.  He was here for 7 seasons and MOS has mentioned how the cap can affect their personnel decisions when guys have earned raises but the club isn't in a position to provide them. 

We also had Mike Miller's on-field career ending so the club got to see him as a coach in waiting last season creating an opportunity to move on to a (assumedly) cheaper rookie coach. 

7 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I'm not sure how much his stock plummeted here (although ST was garbage last year) but I think the coaches cap played a factor.  He was here for 7 seasons and MOS has mentioned how the cap can affect their personnel decisions when guys have earned raises but the club isn't in a position to provide them. 

We also had Mike Miller's on-field career ending so the club got to see him as a coach in waiting last season creating an opportunity to move on to a (assumedly) cheaper rookie coach. 

That all sounds realistic too, it’s just really odd how our ST coverage bottomed out so hard, then the once-lauded co-ordinator gets canned from 2 teams in 6 months.