CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Harris was looking very good thus far... Shame about the injury.

Not sure what to expect from Patterson. Hasn't started in ages, I used to watch him when he was at Michigan and thought he was solid.

Not a strong arm, mobile though don't see you beating the Argos with him.

2 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Harris was looking very good thus far... Shame about the injury.

Not sure what to expect from Patterson. Hasn't started in ages, I used to watch him when he was at Michigan and thought he was solid.

Harris being injured, and likely injured again when he returns, was not unlucky it was inevitable. All discussions this offseason here the main criticism of the Riders running it back with Harris was that he was highly unlikely to be able to survive an 18 game schedule.  It was a mistake re-signing him for that reason. I think the over under on when he would be out long term was about 3 games. He did not disappoint.

Edited by GCn20

3 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

That all sounds realistic too, it’s just really odd how our ST coverage bottomed out so hard, then the once-lauded co-ordinator gets canned from 2 teams in 6 months. 

ST coverage craps out....Mike Miller loses his whole season to injury. Not the totality of the problem but certainly a big part of it.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Hamilton gets Deionte Knight off Toronto’s practice roster.

Good to see other teams doing everything they can to get better.

(edit: no I didn’t think we should’ve snagged him, I’ll keep beating the drum to see us make an attempt at Makai Polk)

Pisses me off because he is a player but we can't keep 'em all.

37 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Oakman joins the freakshow D in Edmonton.

No interest in him whatsoever.  Extremely overrated. 

Really liking Woods and Adams to a lesser extent...needs to learn how to aim a bit and not just shoot to steal a line from Odell Willis.

I disagree with respect to Oakman. 

He's an athletic freak in the same mold as WJ and I think, with the right environment, he could be amazing.  The question is, are the Bombers that organization anymore?  I would like to have seen him here but Jones *will* get the best out of him but again .. he's another vet who is getting on in years (32 or 33?).

3 hours ago, bluto said:

Pisses me off because he is a player but we can't keep 'em all.

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Speaking of not being able to keep 'em all... Right on cue, Coach Jones

56 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Really liking Woods and Adams to a lesser extent...needs to learn how to aim a bit and not just shoot to steal a line from Odell Willis.

IDK, for 5 plays every game he is positively impossible to handle.

48 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

At some point if we struggle to right this ship of 0 fer sure hope we land a few who grade out to your liking.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I’m mainly concerned with our guys getting healthy on the dl and us divorcing Jake Thomas. 

18 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I’m mainly concerned with our guys getting healthy on the dl and us divorcing Jake Thomas. 

If we can get em all back...I am of belief Haba is a yr ender...and yes we park Thomas on the 6 gamer...cause we know osh won't cut him..we will be looking good

11 hours ago, Booch said:

If we can get em all back...I am of belief Haba is a yr ender...and yes we park Thomas on the 6 gamer...cause we know osh won't cut him..we will be looking good

Yea...our DL is gonna be dog poo until we get bodies back. We are just too thin.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Yea...our DL is gonna be dog poo until we get bodies back. We are just too thin.

and the fact we give Thomas 80% of the reps, and 2 guys in Adams and Woods the scraps is a big reason we have no dline push....and it has ripple effect out to the ends...or dline is so easy to scheme against with a DT and a nose in 30 sets who just doesnt do anything other than get taken right out of the play

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Is it me or is the CFL.ca website slow as crap this year?

The last couple of days I also have been finding the CFL.ca site not loading. What I have been doing though is going to the CFL.ca+ site through my search engine and it loads immediately. I can get everything I'm looking for from there.

49 minutes ago, Booch said:

and the fact we give Thomas 80% of the reps, and 2 guys in Adams and Woods the scraps is a big reason we have no dline push....and it has ripple effect out to the ends...or dline is so easy to scheme against with a DT and a nose in 30 sets who just doesnt do anything other than get taken right out of the play

Yep...I like Fatboi more than most but at most he should get 25% reps.

49 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

50 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

in all reality he should not even be on the roster...stash him on the PR or 6game if they feel the obligation to pay him for a total emergency purpose..Let Schmeck (who I thought was gonna take a step but yet to see it) Hunert or Samson get the lone Canadian lineman reps and see what they can bring and develop them...but nope...we cling to a past his best before date guy and block developing youngtalent....or even assessing them. And really based on ratio and how we deploy guys we don't even need more than 1 Canadian defensive lineman anyway...dressing 3 is just a waste....utilize your Import talent there and add 2 Canadian who can serve better elsewhere...and contribute on ST's