CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

And with that the Montreal Organization inches a bit closer to the Argos extreme suck level.

They still have a long way to go to hit Argo level but I have pretty good confidence in Mass and Maciocia to help them along the way 🙂

they are nipping at the heals tho of past Rider levels of suckage tho....Jury still out on this addition of Rider's

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I hope the cfl has some mechanism to punish the als for letting that douchebag play. 

Not saying our Organization is immune from this but I think Maciocia and Mass have misinterpreted what true meaningful leadership is. 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Not saying our Organization is immune from this but I think Maciocia and Mass have misinterpreted what true meaningful leadership is. 

1000000% but they do know football and have exceptional coaching. IMO, they are no different than don Matthew’s was. 

21 hours ago, wbbfan said:

1000000% but they do know football and have exceptional coaching. IMO, they are no different than don Matthew’s was. 

Perfect example that one can be brilliant in one aspect of something but not so much in another aspect of that same said something.

In this particular case this something being coaching.

11 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

https://3downnation.com/2024/07/07/ryan-dinwiddie-committed-to-chad-kelly-as-argos-starting-qb-after-suspension/

Montreal and Toronto surpassing the Riders for amount of ****** bags in their organization. Bad look from Toronto. 

That ******* needs to get gone... Really bad look from the Argos, and honestly the league, if he's allowed to return... Especially in light of them supposedly taking a hard line stance on violence against women....

Edited by Noeller

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

That ******* needs to get gone... Really bad look from the Argos, and honestly the league, if he's allowed to return... Especially in light of them supposedly taking a hard line stance on violence against women....

This would be an interesting stat for say the last 20 years. A stat being what is each teams track record in who they have signed with significant checkered pasts, who they signed who did something significantly nefarious while in their employ and retained or released them. One of the debates here is deciding on what’s significant and drawing that line and deciding how much is it their responsibility to help rehab the behaviours of said player. I’m thinking we’d get a wide variety of opinions on this matter.

This may have been discussed already but I heard from Rod/Matt that Paul Boudreau was canned this week by Hamilton as their special teams guy.  Seems strange to fire a coach during the year.  What has happened to that guy?  I thought he knew what he was doing, but it's been two disastrous seasons in a row now for him, one in Winnipeg and now in Hamilton.  How do you go from being on top to getting torched by Hamilton?

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

A lotttttt of players have baggage that would make the league look bad if it went all public.    

I'm assuming if you believe Kelly should be banished that the Blue should of never brought back Lawler and he should also be blacklisted.   Drunk drivers kill so many people every year and it's equally as bad as violence on women.  

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

A lotttttt of players have baggage that would make the league look bad if it went all public.    

I'm assuming if you believe Kelly should be banished that the Blue should of never brought back Lawler and he should also be blacklisted.   Drunk drivers kill so many people every year and it's equally as bad as violence on women.  

A campaign of harassment against a team employee is a lot different to me than some criminal activity in terms of whether I'd even consider having that guy on the team.

He's clearly toxic.  It's not a mistake.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

This may have been discussed already but I heard from Rod/Matt that Paul Boudreau was canned this week by Hamilton as their special teams guy.  Seems strange to fire a coach during the year.  What has happened to that guy?  I thought he knew what he was doing, but it's been two disastrous seasons in a row now for him, one in Winnipeg and now in Hamilton.  How do you go from being on top to getting torched by Hamilton?

The Ti-Cats need to fire one coach every week until they win a game, next up Mark Washington.  If it gets down to  Milanovich bring in an old blockhead coach from Texas with a brush cut to boot him square in the nuts in front of the team to send the message, football is not played by ***** cats.  The entire organization is a mamby-pamby mess.

Edited by Fatty Liver

1 minute ago, Fatty Liver said:

The Ti-Cats need to fire one coach every week until they win a game, next up Mark Washington.  If it gets down to  Milanovich bring in an old blockhead coach from Texas with a brush cut to boot him square in the nuts in front of the team to send the message, football is not played by ***** cats.  The entire organization is a mamby-pamby mess.

Just wondering why Boudreau was so good here until last year, and now has been toasted after only 4 weeks in Hamilton.  ?? "Makes drinky drinky motion"...

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Just wondering why Boudreau was so good here until last year, and now has been toasted after only 4 weeks in Hamilton.  ?? "Makes drinky drinky motion"...

I think he ran Mos teams package then last year got a chance to do it his way

On 2024-07-07 at 7:17 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

One can only speculate as to a million things that may be causing this unexpected down turn in his career. Personal issues? Maybe. Personnel issues? Maybe. Conflict of personalities? Maybe. Could add another hundred to the list probably. I guess to sum it up....hard to say what is going on with him.

On 2024-07-07 at 8:11 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

A campaign of harassment against a team employee is a lot different to me than some criminal activity in terms of whether I'd even consider having that guy on the team.

He's clearly toxic.  It's not a mistake.

I agree. Lawler made a mistake, owned it, did all the right things in the dressing room to make up for his selfish act of stupidity. Kelly has a long history of boneheaded moves like this, and a history of less than acceptable behavior towards women. He has learned nothing, and there is no indication that he is willing to do so.

On 2024-07-07 at 7:07 PM, Brandon said:

Kelly took to social media continuing to be a dickhead after his suspension complaining about his salary when WNBA's Caitlin Clark's salary of half a million dollars this season was revealed. There wasn't a lot of remorse for what he did. The guy deserves everything he gets.