CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Dare to dream. 

qft 

I wonder if they will look to move mbt. That could be an interesting shake up in the league. If not, I wouldn’t mind getting ford cheap. I’d rather run him through the Strev package and groom big Chris as an actual qb. 

Jake Thomas for Tre Ford

48 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

2025 Edmonton Elks - GM Simon HC Pierce - Book it!

Simon yes but they are still paying Jones next season so I bet Buck stays put for at least another year. If Jackson manages to get a few wins, they could stick with him.

2 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Living here I'm a bit surprised Simon and Jones weren't let go as a duo as they seemed to work together as a partnership therefore I would think Simon needs to own some of this BUT maybe they weren't really on the same page as they presented themselves.

I really think most of this Elks team is pretty talented, but probably stopped giving it their all a few weeks ago. Time will tell, but next week if the Elks come up with a close win will say something. Lost to many close ones over the last couple of years.

Jones could be an effective DC right? 

his triple-role GM/HC/DC position seemed doomed/foolish from the outset.  Three full-time jobs.  lunacy.

At least the Elks were sensible enough to name a dedicated DC for 2024 (Jason Shivers) so they don't have to replace that role now on short notice.

45 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Living here I'm a bit surprised Simon and Jones weren't let go as a duo as they seemed to work together as a partnership therefore I would think Simon needs to own some of this BUT maybe they weren't really on the same page as they presented themselves.

Well, in Winnipeg we don't know whether or not HC/GM are on the same page.

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2024/07/15/edmonton-elks-fire-head-coach-and-general-manager-chris-jones/

At long last, the cfl is free of Chris jones once again. I wonder how long it’ll last this time… I could see him getting another dc shot in the off season unfortunately. 

Edm is better than their record and could imo bounce back. 

He’s a great DC (I’ll give him that) but a terrible head coach, GMand a generally shitty person.

1 hour ago, voodoochylde said:

He’s a great DC (I’ll give him that) but a terrible head coach, GMand a generally shitty person.

He's not a great DC. The guy's record is way over inflated... The way he's screwed over teams in the past, it's good to see him being screwed. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, Fatty Liver said:

I'd be surprised if Yoshi isn't gone for the season, I think he knew how bad the injury was as soon as it happened.

Yoshi's son's birthday is today, and on his Instagram it looks like he took him to the stadium. 

Wearing a knee brace, but no crutches, full weight bearing, moving around ok. Might've avoided a disaster here, fingers crossed for him.

Glad Yoshi got paid.

The statement kind of feels like last year and the Riders with Harris, where after his Radial Tibial fracture they made it seem like he could be back at the end of the year... but at the end of the day there probably isn't a lot of optimistic data about a 300+ LB OL who is 34 coming back within 15 weeks from a Quad Injury that requires surgery. If it's a quad tear that is generally a 4-5 month injury.

10 minutes ago, ShyGuy said:

Glad Yoshi got paid.

The statement kind of feels like last year and the Riders with Harris, where after his Radial Tibial fracture they made it seem like he could be back at the end of the year... but at the end of the day there probably isn't a lot of optimistic data about a 300+ LB OL who is 34 coming back within 15 weeks from a Quad Injury that requires surgery. If it's a quad tear that is generally a 4-5 month injury.

YEAH...To me that seems like a season ender...and with that frame and weightt...age...be a hard thing to come back from in general...he gonna have to be really diligent about his diet too being immobile for an extended period