CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

As long as he's getting his money, and doesn't have to wear that gross uni, it's a win. Hope he has a speedy recovery and is back to 100% before next season. 

I did notice he had Nebraska stuff on when he came back to the sidelines and no Rider gear so it would appear that he's in agreement! 😂

11 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I did notice he had Nebraska stuff on when he came back to the sidelines and no Rider gear so it would appear that he's in agreement! 😂

I 100% saw that as well.... You have to think that Yoshi knows. After all the time here... He went for the paycheque (and we're all happy for him!) and nothing more. 

17 hours ago, Booch said:

YEAH...To me that seems like a season ender...and with that frame and weightt...age...be a hard thing to come back from in general...he gonna have to be really diligent about his diet too being immobile for an extended period

I think this may be a worsening of the same injury he fought through at times last season as well. I am not sure the RIder's brass did their due diligence on Hardrick's health. Totally get Yosh taking the payday, but last year he was having a real tough time on that leg as well.  In their desperation to make a splash, I think O'Day may have been guilty of ignoring some real telling signs that Hardrick was not 100.

Edited by GCn20

8 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I think this may be a worsening of the same injury he fought through at times last season as well. I am not sure the RIder's brass did their due diligence on Hardrick's health. Totally get Yosh taking the payday, but last year he was having a real tough time on that leg as well.  In their desperation to make a splash, I think O'Day may have been guilty of ignoring some real telling signs that Hardrick was not 100.

yeah he been battling something for a while...I have only watched the one rider game last week...how has he looked until then...worth the bags of money?..I would assume no?

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah he been battling something for a while...I have only watched the one rider game last week...how has he looked until then...worth the bags of money?..I would assume no?

He was playing really well. However, like most vet guys that are coming in with injuries they are able to play through it for a few weeks until the wear and tear takes them out. That was always my concern with re-signing Yoshi this offseason after watching him limp around a lot last year and have games where he got pyloned because he couldn't step off that leg. I think last year it wasn't as bad, just enough for him to have a bad game here or there and then this year it finally blew out. He is a massive loss for that OL that was just starting to kind of turn a corner. They are back to last year level of incompetence now.

Edited by GCn20

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

According to TSN colour, he was smacking heads, taking names and will be missed.

2 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

According to TSN colour, he was smacking heads, taking names and will be missed.

He was, just like he was here, their emotional leader both on and off the field. He made them a better line just by being there and in the room. Massive blow to the Criders who needed his confidence. He will be 6 gamed and not allowed to attend meetings or participate in practice. That will deflate an OL that was brutal last year and had rallied around his leadership.

Edited by GCn20

48 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He was, just like he was here, their emotional leader both on and off the field. He made them a better line just by being there and in the room. Massive blow to the Criders who needed his confidence. He will be 6 gamed and not allowed to attend meetings or participate in practice. That will deflate an OL that was brutal last year and had rallied around his leadership.

Where did you ever get the idea he’s not allowed to attend meetings?

1 hour ago, Booch said:

He and Deijon Allen were the only OL in the league who blocked 100+ passing plays to not allow a sack, he’s been outstanding. 

Hardrick was playing really well, and as mentioned above is a true leader , he was here and all indications are he was in Sask. also...I wish him nothing but the best., and hope he has a full recovery...as for Sask. that is a big loss

Sask...is starting to get hit with the injury bug, I think we match up well and expect this to be great physical game.....

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Where did you ever get the idea he’s not allowed to attend meetings?

The CFL by-laws in the CBA. Actually, I just looked up 9F in the bylaws and he can attend general or positional group team meetings. Just cannot be any of the on field meetings. He cannot participate in anything on-field or that falls under a team's designated practice time. 6 gamers are not allowed on the practice field while on the 6 game. I suppose he could review film with guys, and join discussions with them off the field but he can't bring his emotion, leadership to the field where it is most useful. Thanks for pointing that out. I thought 6 gamers were only allowed to attend the stadium for medical/rehab.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

Hardrick was playing really well, and as mentioned above is a true leader , he was here and all indications are he was in Sask. also...I wish him nothing but the best., and hope he has a full recovery...as for Sask. that is a big loss

Sask...is starting to get hit with the injury bug, I think we match up well and expect this to be great physical game.....

Sask's run D has been phenomenal, but WPG has an elite rushing attack. That's going to be a big battle imo. 

4 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Sask's run D has been phenomenal, but WPG has an elite rushing attack. That's going to be a big battle imo. 

we always seem to run well against Sask...Don't see that changing...expect a few defensive changes this week too for us...so thats gonna cause patterson issues

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I noticed late in a game a few weeks ago Yoshi was almost dragging one of his legs around to get back to the huddle, he may have chronic deterioration of a joint and might be hard-pressed to pass a medical even if after he rehabs.  Won't be surprised if Riders ignore all evidence and employ him anyway to harvest their investment.

2 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Alright then, please show your work and make sure to include citations. Thanks.

Allright then....look closely at my middle finger, the answer you are seeking is right near the top of it.

3 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I noticed late in a game a few weeks ago Yoshi was almost dragging one of his legs around to get back to the huddle, he may have chronic deterioration of a joint and might be hard-pressed to pass a medical even if after he rehabs.  Won't be surprised if Riders ignore all evidence and employ him anyway to harvest their investment.

I think Yoshi himself probably knew he shouldn't be on that leg but a ballers gotta ball, and an earners gotta earn.

22 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Sask's secondary has been swiss cheese, that is what I would worry about the most.