CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Booch said:

we always seem to run well against Sask...Don't see that changing...expect a few defensive changes this week too for us...so thats gonna cause patterson issues

What do you see changing outside of Garbutt?

59 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Indeed! I can't wait for the game.

I'm expecting a defensive battle. Final score something like 17-14

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Allright then....look closely at my middle finger, the answer you are seeking is right near the top of it.

Well done! Thanks for showing your work but there's room for improvement in the future regarding including the citations. It's clear you put effort into this though. Nice job, keep it up!

Edited by Pepper_Brooks
Double post

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

Not as worried as Winnipeg doesn't have a receiver like Justin McInnis. Good as Ontaria Wilson is, I'm not sure he has a repeat of last week's performance. 

BC is not the only team that has been shredding your secondary....everyone has.

27 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Having Garbutt allows us to do a lot more stuff on the line. Also, I expect that we will see less of Biggie this week. Looking forward to us shredding them.

Just now, 17to85 said:

I hope so but man I am skeptical... bighill was allowed to play in the grey cup when he had no business playing, not sure even as bad an outing as he had last week is enough for oshea to change course on that particular player. 

My line of thought is that they actually dressed a guy that can play MIKE, and Biggie does not have to be on the field as much because it's Shea Patterson. We can go traditional MIKE in our defence this week. Not saying it will be a permanent thing.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Score wise idk what to expect. The riders give up the most passing yards and sacks though. I could see a coming out party type game for Adams and or woods. 
 The riders run D has been very good, but buck has a habit of passing to run lately and that could work very well. 
 The riders passing o isn’t good and our pass D is maybe the best. I don’t think the riders will commit to running but will hurt us when they do. Probably some thing like 13 caries 100 yards for aj. 
 I think we will control TOP, and drive the field a lot, but struggle to cash in. Another big night for Sergio. 
 The riders also force a crazy amount of turn overs, I think either way this goes we have a decent chance of seeing strevy if zach doesn’t protect the ball. 

18 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

I really like Biggie, but he should be rotational if Jones can play IMO. 

Biggie shouldn’t play D any more in the cfl. Dudes toast. 

Riders are #1 against the rush & #9 against the pass. It the turn over ratio where they shine (#1 @ +8, with 16 TO's).

We're #3 in rushing yards & #8 in passing yards, & #7 in turn over ratio @ -1. 

It's strength against strength and weakness against weakness. If they can force an extra turn over, they should win at home. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Zach scored 41 last week against a stronger Stamp team IMO, I sense he's just getting warmed up and they're about to lay a serious butt kicking on their country cousins.   Won't be surprised if they bust 40 again.

24 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Zach scored 41 last week against a stronger Stamp team IMO, I sense he's just getting warmed up and they're about to lay a serious butt kicking on their country cousins.   Won't be surprised if they bust 40 again.

Dietrich Nichols came through big time with 6 of those on that awesome interception return!

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

BC is not the only team that has been shredding your secondary....everyone has.

Having Garbutt allows us to do a lot more stuff on the line. Also, I expect that we will see less of Biggie this week. Looking forward to us shredding them.

Absolutely no shot of that happening at all

9 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Absolutely no shot of that happening at all

I'll go all Tanya Harding on him at the gym then ...for the Forum....I'd do Jake as well but never ever see him training lol...I take beers...ceasars and porter house steaks as form of payment/appreciation....and I will film it as well just for funnsies and proof! 

Edited by Booch

33 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'll go all Tanya Harding on him at the gym then ...for the Forum....I'd do Jake as well but never ever see him training lol...I take beers...ceasars and porter house steaks as form of payment/appreciation....and I will film it as well just for funnsies and proof! 

Will bacon work,as payment?

To overlook the advantage the Blue has would be a mistake. Intangibles matter. This time of year, the SK province still uses standard time, because the cows prefer it for milking. The rider players will have had a full day of milking prior to the game, which is tiring. I’ve seen a prediction of the bombers winning by scoring more than 40, but playing in standard time, we score over 50. 

Edited by Rod Black

10 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

To overlook the advantage the Blue has would be a mistake. Intangibles matter. This time of year, the SK province still uses standard time, because the cows prefer it for milking. The rider players will have had a full day of milking prior to the game, which is tiring. I’ve seen a prediction of the bombers winning by scoring more than 40, but playing in standard time, we score over 50. 

I've heard that Micah Johnson ain't much for milking; how do you think that'll impact the Riders' DL?

17 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

You win the internet today. Now...where's my milk bucket? 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Booch man I love reading your insights and I know we are joking here but tbh reading jokes about ambushing the forum whipping boys makes me feel a little gross.

Edited by johnzo

12 hours ago, Atomic said:

Let's be honest Booch is old and broken he'd get his ass beat... With all due respect of course 

do you know me?...to make that statement?  Hardly old....not even close to broken...and probably in better shape and stronger than when I played.....work as a strength and conditioning coach with NCAA athletes going to draft...I also actively still Mua Thai/Kick Box ....have 3 inches over him and 10 pounds...pretty sure I would do just fine vs anyone thank you very much but thanks for your concern

Just now, Booch said:

do you know me?...to make that statement?  Hardly old....not even close to broken...and probably in better shape and stronger than when I played.....work as a strength and conditioning coach with NCAA athletes going to draft...I also actively still Mua Thai/Kick Box ....have 3 inches over him and 10 pounds...pretty sure I would do just fine vs anyone thank you very much but thanks for your concern

Just a joke pal don't be so sensitive