CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

15 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

The somewhat sad part is that it would be tremendously unlikely that even if he didn’t have guaranteed money and we were being offered a 1st round pick and an elite middle linebacker on an entry level deal I doubt that the team would have any interest in trading him even in this offseason. 

Idk. I feel like this year is mos’ leash. If he doesn’t turn things around and continues to be an issue I think it becomes a noose. Allowing Walter’s to wrestle back primary control of the team. 

6 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I was just thinking about it and in the offseason its not impossible that Hamilton would take Zach off our hands. If they miss the playoffs with Bo. The question is who would be our starter?

If Walters & Co cannot find a credible quarterback out there who could challenge for a starter's role, they all ought to be sacked. If the Riders can do it....  Further along that line of thought, if the Riders can suddenly vault from a laughingstock to a first place team, there can be no excuse for the Bombers. If Biden can see the writing on the wall and take one for his team, Bighill ought to take note.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Idk. I feel like this year is mos’ leash. If he doesn’t turn things around and continues to be an issue I think it becomes a noose. Allowing Walter’s to wrestle back primary control of the team. 

There has been rumoured friction between Osh and Walters. If real, what are the chances it isn't related to roster decisions?

28 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I was just thinking about it and in the offseason its not impossible that Hamilton would take Zach off our hands. If they miss the playoffs with Bo. The question is who would be our starter?

The only GM gullible enough to take on Zach's contract is Pinball, the highest form of disaster could fall upon that man and it wouldn't even phase him.  Bonus, nobody in MLSE upper management would notice either.

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I wouldn’t game Ryan dinwiddie over zach right now. Or Robert Marve. Unless he’s got full on bionic knees now. 

As sad as it is, if we had to dig up a fossil from our past QB's list, neither of those two would be at the bottom of the list.

If the ticats miss the playoffs again I think there will be an appetite for change at QB.   I personally think that with the receiving core we've fielded for most of the season and offensive line we've fielded for the whole season Bo would be doing even worse here than Hamilton. There's likely an appetite for Zach out there from losing franchises looking to bring in someone who's been to 4 out of the last 5 Grey Cups and winning 2. 

I just don't see us trading him to replace him with who exactly? Our only chance is Rourke coming back to the CFL and BC choosing to stick with Adams who might have a record breaking season. If BC chooses to trade Adams and go with Rourke then we're hooped. 

Edited by Colin Unger

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

If the ticats miss the playoffs again I think there will be an appetite for change at QB.   I personally think that with the receiving core we've fielded for most of the season and offensive line we've fielded for the whole season Bo would be doing even worse here than Hamilton. There's likely an appetite for Zach out there from losing franchises looking to bring in someone who's been to 4 out of the last 5 Grey Cups and winning 2. 

I just don't see us trading him to replace him with who exactly? Our only chance is Rourke coming back to the CFL and BC choosing to stick with Adams who might have a record breaking season. If BC chooses to trade Adams and go with Rourke then we're hooped. 

Hard to say what they have in QB Wilson and we'll never find out if they keep him buried deep in a coal mine all season.  Time for the scouts to do some leg work, can't just pick 1 or 2 QB's out of the bush every off-season and say "oh, I guess we're done".  As badly as this season has gone so far, perhaps it's better they miss the playoffs and focus their efforts on roster renewal and replacement instead of desperately trying to squeeze in and getting annihilated in the first round by "YOUR SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS".

There's a qb. in Edm. sitting at no2 right now....who could/should be starting.....I don't see Macbeth going anywhere and we have his brother on our roster who could bend his ear....Ford should be on our radar NOW as the days of Zack in the Peg fade into the sunset

7 minutes ago, Stickem said:

There's a qb. in Edm. sitting at no2 right now....who could/should be starting.....I don't see Macbeth going anywhere and we have his brother on our roster who could bend his ear....Ford should be on our radar NOW as the days of Zack in the Peg fade into the sunset

We have a no2 on our roster that would be better than MBT, Collaros and Ford. 

3 hours ago, JCon said:

Oh I'm not forgetting about Streve.....he's good at what he does and a tandem of Chris and Ford  would be effective ....better than our current pair I feel ....I'm also thinking 2025 when I believe we'll be possibly moving on from Collaros....Just fast forwarding to the Cup year

4 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Oh I'm not forgetting about Streve.....he's good at what he does and a tandem of Chris and Ford  would be effective ....better than our current pair I feel ....I'm also thinking 2025 when I believe we'll be possibly moving on from Collaros....Just fast forwarding to the Cup year

People think streveler can't play qb and yet want tre Ford... it's wild...

4 hours ago, JCon said:

Got us our first win of the season in a gutsy win and then it’s back to the bench for Zach. I get he might be a little banged up but if he can run the short yardage, at the very least get him in for a couple of plays and series here and there my god, the lenience O’sheas boys get us absolutely incredible. 

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

People think streveler can't play qb and yet want tre Ford... it's wild...

Didn't that Strev guy play in the NFL for several years... I'm sure Ford being benched and at times dropped to 3rd string in the CFL is a much better QB.....

12 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I dont even know myself, Ill stand here and wait with you until we get our answer.

Let’s make it last 14 games. Hehehe

just saw this on the WFP. “Zach is our guy”. I wonder if that means anything. Lol https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/2024/07/24/zach-is-our-guy

Edited by Rod Black