CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

19 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Yeah same, 01-11. 2005 was a protest year of sorts for me. Cancelled my seasons and only watched 2 games. I was furious the club held on to Jim Daley

Yup but always rep our colours no matter what.

27 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup but always rep our colours no matter what.

Absolutely. That was the one year I (kind of) gave up on them. Meant to say I only went to, not watched 2 games that season. I watched them all, I only attended the Banjo Bowl and the thanksgiving game where Milt had 4 TDs. I was still sour when they lost, even though we all knew the year was a write-off. 

Like I was saying before 01-11ish was the peak of my obsessive fandom.  
06-11 in particular I lived and (mostly) died with it.

The 2011 year made me realize I needed to dial back the emotional investment for my own good. I made an idiot of myself in front of family, having a drunken tantrum during the LDC. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Absolutely. That was the one year I (kind of) gave up on them. Meant to say I only went to, not watched 2 games that season. I watched them all, I only attended the Banjo Bowl and the thanksgiving game where Milt had 4 TDs. I was still sour when they lost, even though we all knew the year was a write-off. 

Like I was saying before 01-11ish was the peak of my obsessive fandom.  
06-11 in particular I lived and (mostly) died with it.

The 2011 year made me realize I needed to dial back the emotional investment for my own good. I made an idiot of myself in front of family, having a drunken tantrum during the LDC. 

Let’s put it this way. 2019 was the first grey win I’ve seen in my life time. It was years of agony and defeat, years of hope, years of despair, and everything in between. I know for a fact. Nothing will ever feel like the 2019 run again. It was a once in a life time experience and feeling. All the ups and mostly downs as a bomber fan in my life time made our run that much sweeter. 

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Let’s put it this way. 2019 was the first grey win I’ve seen in my life time. It was years of agony and defeat, years of hope, years of despair, and everything in between. I know for a fact. Nothing will ever feel like the 2019 run again. It was a once in a life time experience and feeling. All the ups and mostly downs as a bomber fan in my life time made our run that much sweeter. 

I was 3 in 1990, so basically same.
 Nothing will ever compare to the feeling of finally seeing one. 

https://3downnation.com/2024/06/21/cfl-fines-four-kickers-for-blowing-whistle-on-microchipped-footballs-including-bombers-sergio-castillo/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2yRVVHTjze5EzmwPArxtnwbceXXpTjnUCvTGl6m6X2NqTLlThrlM3bNDU_aem_dVWBGbauIOP1LanhxnVFlg

Back to 2024 discussion..

They’re going after the kickers, that’s hilarious. 

The Ambrosie legacy. Genius Sports and getting into it with a bunch of kickers. Lmfao. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

However, commissioner Randy Ambrosie said in a statement that the issue would be revisited in 2025, citing “no definitive evidence to suggest their use impacts performance in any manner.”

This seems like the easiest possible thing to test.

I’m not usually a “fire the comish” guy but christ almighty. Everything this guy’s connected to turns so silly. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

https://3downnation.com/2024/06/21/cfl-fines-four-kickers-for-blowing-whistle-on-microchipped-footballs-including-bombers-sergio-castillo/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2yRVVHTjze5EzmwPArxtnwbceXXpTjnUCvTGl6m6X2NqTLlThrlM3bNDU_aem_dVWBGbauIOP1LanhxnVFlg

Back to 2024 discussion..

They’re going after the kickers, that’s hilarious. 

The Ambrosie legacy. Genius Sports and getting into it with a bunch of kickers. Lmfao. 

Ridiculous to fine for that.  They just stated their opinion.  No attack on anyone, didn't say Ambrosie is a ******* tool or something.  Should have said a lot more if fine coming.

9 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Ridiculous to fine for that.  They just stated their opinion.  No attack on anyone, didn't say Ambrosie is a ******* tool or something.  Should have said a lot more if fine coming.

I'm a big fan of spite... If you're gonna get fined, make it worthwhile. Fully agree with your post as usual JBR.

40 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Maybe they can edit their quote...and add the extra into it...haha...can't be fined 2x for the same thing now can u

https://3downnation.com/2024/06/25/edmonton-qb-mcleod-bethel-thompson-rips-cfl-for-short-weeks-citing-player-safety-concerns/

mbt is a nut, but I totally agree. Short weeks between games and mid week games are the worst in soo many ways. 
 1 game friday, one Saturday, 2 Sunday and games on holiday long weekends. Design schedules to balance around recovery time and optimizing views/attendance. Scheduling conflicts are primarily with Toronto, who gets no fans any way and what Montreal? Make it work cfl.