CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Fire Ambroise! Man is a tool and has done nothing to grow/benefit the CFL.

Imo he doesn’t give off any authentic genuine vibe that he truly loves our game and his role is to serve and focus the attention on the game and the people who tirelessly are working hard behind the scenes to keep this league surviving and thriving. Instead he gives off the vibe that I’m in charge, the attention should be on me cuz I’m the leader I’m important. Gross.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Allegedly 10 out of 11 kickers requested to not have it for kicking in the feed back too. League just ignored it. 

and it still took Wade Miller to tell him to get his head out of his ass on it. How on earth does this guy have the confidence from the league governors to continue in his role? 

56 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

If fans talk about MOS shorts, how tf Ambrosie get a pass for those scarves? 

Oh he doesn’t get a pass. It’s been brought up here before, not naming names. Good morning @SpeedFlex27 :)

Edited by HardCoreBlue

Fining the kickers for a legit complaint.....AND yet allowing a CFL player to keep playing who has been betting on games in our league is complete horse$hit.....Time to assess Ambroise and his performance and start the search for another commish

Edited by Stickem

7 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Fining the kickers for a legit complaint.....AND yet allowing a CFL player to keep playing who has been betting on games in our league is complete horse$hit.....Time to assess Ambroise and his performance and start the search for another commish

I'm not a Randy fan but this is completely out of his control.  His been pretty clear about his stance on this - he wants Lemon out but it's up to an independent arbitrator now.

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

I'm not a Randy fan but this is completely out of his control.  His been pretty clear about his stance on this - he wants Lemon out but it's up to an independent arbitrator now.

They could tack on contingencies to his suspension, they could void his contract, other guys have been barred before. Let him fight it in court after the investigation finds he was guilty. In this era you have to come down hard on gambling with in the league and your own games. We've seen other pro leagues do the same. 

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

What's with the arbitrator?  I thought stuff was usually hashed out between the CFL and the CFPA, is the CFLPA fighting the suspension or is it because Lemon appealed the sentence?

1 minute ago, Fatty Liver said:

What's with the arbitrator?  I thought stuff was usually hashed out between the CFL and the CFPA, is the CFLPA fighting the suspension or is it because Lemon appealed the sentence?

The CFLPA filed the grievance on Lemon's behalf & appeals are determined by an independent arbitrator.  Dave Naylor had said the hearing looked to be set for the first week of July so there should be a resolution soon.

20 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

The CFLPA filed the grievance on Lemon's behalf & appeals are determined by an independent arbitrator.  Dave Naylor had said the hearing looked to be set for the first week of July so there should be a resolution soon.

It’s a travesty that he’s playing. Just because he is playing  doesn’t mean he should be. Montreal should have done the right thing in this situation. 

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

It’s a travesty that he’s playing. Just because he is playing  doesn’t mean he should be. Montreal should have done the right thing in this situation. 

Yep, Montreal could have suspended him on their own, pending the results of the appeal.  

The CFLPA could have (possibly) declined to file an appeal as well although their argument seems to be that while the no betting policy was known, the potential penalties were not so the league should have done a better job explaining things.

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Certainly the club should have dumped him immediately, when they heard what was going on with the Betenator BUT cancelling his contract immediately by the league would have been prudent and definitely within their purvey...

7 hours ago, Stickem said:

I'm wondering about MBTs comments earlier this week about the short work weeks and if he will receive a fine also. To be consistent he should even though what he said needed to be brought up by someone. I understand the broadcast scheduling thing, but if the CFL and CFLPA are truly working towards better player safety having some teams playing on short weeks for almost one quarter of their total games.  

11 hours ago, Tracker said:

It's worse than that- he's Scottish.

Stares grounds keeper willyily. That would make sense with why he’s soo nuts though lol  

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

Should really be a chant also when the elks visit.  That would be great. 

imagine if they get good and have crowds again they could give away elk calls for people to use during the game. 

On 2024-06-28 at 5:45 AM, wbbfan said:

Stares grounds keeper willyily. That would make sense with why he’s soo nuts though lol  

imagine if they get good and have crowds again they could give away elk calls for people to use during the game. 

One of the best ideas I've heard ALL YEAR......LOL....Then after the calls work, they could herd these beautiful animals into a pen, and have a petting and viewing area at the back of the stadium....for adults and kids alike...You gotta think big in this league

Edited by Stickem