CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

It's Harris. 

BLM may get hurt first but he'll say he's fine (he's not) and refuse to go on the IR.

Masoli doesn't count because he's still on the IR from a trip to the bar two years ago.

Bartender is Garrett Marino, Mazoli is scared to leave his bar stool even to go to the washroom, people call him a lush but it's really not his fault, poor guy.

21 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Trevor harris, BLM, and Masoli walk into a bar, who hits the IR first?

Trick question. none of them will be able to walk into a bar. Limp into, wheel into, crutch into....that's the entry.

Edited by GCn20

Quarterback questions for 2024:

BLM returns to Calgary: is he washed up or is he finally injury free? Has he had to change his throwing motion? Can he still scramble? Does he have all the CFL savvy he used to have or is his confidence shaken?

Do the Stampeders have a competent quarterback this year?

Will Cam Dukes in Toronto become the real thing? Will Kelly ever played another game in the CFL?

Was Bethel Thompson now in Edmonton ever the real thing?

Can Vernon Adams carry the Lions?

How many more new quarterbacks will be brought in this year by the Saskatchewan Roughriders?

Can Brown in Ottawa adapt to a whole new culture and completely different blocking schemes? Or do we see yet another quarterback controversy?

Does y Michael Fajardo still have a hot hand to go with his offence?

How many downs per game can we expect out of Chris Sreveler this year here in Winnipeg?

7 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Will Cam Dukes in Toronto become the real thing? Will Kelly ever played another game in the CFL?

He'll be receiving a baptism by fire. They will stack up on him and send the blitzes and chase him all over while in zero. If he can't make a long completion or two to keep a defence honest, it could get rough. Yes we have a running game, veteran receivers and the best O-Line in the league, but it will be all for nothing if Dukes can't push the ball downfield and exploit the man and zero that he'll inevitably see (or at a bare minimum, make oppositions think that he could). Arbuckle appears to be our current #2.

Yes, Kelly will play. And he'll set decibel records for how loud he gets booed in each away game.

Argos need 4 or 5 wins during the MOP's suspension in order to have a realistic shot at 1st. It's doable. This is a very talented roster... but we have question marks in depth that we haven't had in awhile. Specifically: I have no idea who our backup Tackle would be. At this point it looks like we'll slide Hunter over if needed.  Who are our backup Corners? Our American receiver list is thin too (and I note that Coxie has a hamstring niggle this week). All in all, it is very un-Argolike to not have the answers to the depth questions carved in stone. Maybe signings are already planned and because we don't get our QB1 back for 9 games, we're in no rush? IDK.

Wow, good move to get more network eyeballs on the league, although since Bell owns both CTV and TSN, doubt there is an increase in TV rights payments. Still a step in the right direction. Keep this up and Speedflex will have to go back to complaining about Ambrosie’s scarves in lieu of anything substantive! (I kid, still plenty of legit gripes to make). 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

16 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

This might be nitpicking, but those who pay for TSN digital are going to miss out on a game a week come fall? Or am I reading that wrong?

Hope it doesn’t work like that. I subscribe to TSN digital just for the CFL season. 

Just now, JCon said:

Both TSN and CTV are streaming providers. 

Are they tho. I don’t think of them as one of the needed ones tho. lol. I’m talking Netflix or prime or Apple TV type stuff. Really make it accessible 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Are they tho. I don’t think of them as one of the needed ones tho. lol. I’m talking Netflix or prime or Apple TV type stuff. Really make it accessible 

Yes, they are. And, why would Bell give up their streaming? 

32 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

This might be nitpicking, but those who pay for TSN digital are going to miss out on a game a week come fall? Or am I reading that wrong?

Looks that way. Here is the schedule: https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/2023-cfl-on-tsn-broadcast-schedule-1.1951231

Playoffs look like they'll be on both platforms but some games are CTV only.