CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I feel confident that a 35 year old QB, who has played about a decade as a pro and who has suited up for 4 CFL teams is not suddenly going to develop the ability to be a consistent passer.

Davis being 35 is not something I remotely expected, I thought he was 29 at the oldest  

4 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

With Harris back, it diminishes the chance the Bomber have of winning the LDC, which is a win I was counting on if they started Patterson.

For me it depends what kind of defense shows up.  If its the same one that came to play against BC, then Trevor Harris is not to be feared.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

5 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

With Harris back, it diminishes the chance the Bomber have of winning the LDC, which is a win I was counting on if they started Patterson.

Idk. Harris is one of the guys who worries me the least at qb in the league. 
 I could see the road teams winning the ldc/bjb. This is the stretch where we need to win and be splitting or above. especially after the last week we gotta find games to steal. 

15 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

That's weird a guy retiring in mid season.

Both Riders retirees are OL as well. Might be some dissension amongst the hogs over there. When Harrison was a player in Calgary he wasn't exactly a popular guy amongst his OL team mates apparently.

29 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

To me Harris is the quintessential average CFL QB. He only worries me if we’re trading FGs all game. Guy’s great at putting together drives up to the redzone. 

He threw some nice balls to contestants on the Amazing Race Canada last week.

37 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

That's weird a guy retiring in mid season.

Mid-season for the team but only a couple weeks for him.  He was on their suspended list until recently as he was pursuing a job opportunity so he was already looking at walking away.

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

Dheilly was a DL.

Didnt Councl just kinda show up to help with injury issues?...and wasn't necessarily planning on a full yr...I may be wrong but that the impression I got

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Didnt Councl just kinda show up to help with injury issues?...and wasn't necessarily planning on a full yr...I may be wrong but that the impression I got

I believe so yea, he's been working with Auburn (his alma matter) and likely is getting well compensated there. 

The Riders signed a couple OL, I'm guessing it was a "I can come help for one game but that's all I can do" situation, or maybe he thought he'd give it a shot. 

4 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I believe so yea, he's been working with Auburn (his alma matter) and likely is getting well compensated there. 

The Riders signed a couple OL, I'm guessing it was a "I can come help for one game but that's all I can do" situation, or maybe he thought he'd give it a shot. 

yeah that was my understanding...wasnt intnded to be a yr long thing