CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

27 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

This is mostly for other's benefit. I am a dinosaur that likes throwing my money away, so I still pay for cable.

I'm the same, though I'm getting closer. We use it less and less, and with dudes putting full games up on YouTube now, I don't necessarily need my PVR anymore.

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Wow, good move to get more network eyeballs on the league, although since Bell owns both CTV and TSN, doubt there is an increase in TV rights payments. Still a step in the right direction. Keep this up and Speedflex will have to go back to complaining about Ambrosie’s scarves in lieu of anything substantive! (I kid, still plenty of legit gripes to make). 

You must be the only one left in Canada who thinks Ambrosie is doing a good job. But I'll give the guy credit for this. He earned his salary for ThIS WEEK. We'll see about next week. 

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You must be the only one left in Canada who thinks Ambrosie is doing a good job. But I'll give the guy credit for this. He earned his salary for ThIS WEEK. We'll see about next week. 

Considering Bell owns TSN, they can choose to simulcast whatever they want. I don’t think Ambrosie has much to do with it really. 

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Then Ambrosie is a useless... ;)

A bit, yeah.

Thats why a lot of the garbage thrown his way is misplaced. Commissioners are just mouthpieces for the league they represent.

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

A bit, yeah.

Thats why a lot of the garbage thrown his way is misplaced. Commissioners are just mouthpieces for the league they represent.

He has to bring motions to the BOG's. If he has an idea then he presents it. Otherwise nothing happens.

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Starting today, teams have the choice of using the chipped or unchipped balls. Nice correction but a day too late.

Yeah a day late, and the chipped balls were incredibly bush league.
I’d be more upset if the offence had shown any notion of doing anything with the extra 5 points (3 missed FGs= 9, minus 2 singles and the safety) 
As it stands sure, put an asterisk in the record books. That loss should have been 27-16. 

20 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’d be more upset if the offence had shown any notion of doing anything with the extra 5 points (3 missed FGs= 9, minus 2 singles and the safety) 
As it stands sure, put an asterisk in the record books. That loss should have been 27-16. 

Bush league? CFL. Nahhhhh. All the sports allow dudes who have bet on games to play. 

30 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Starting today, teams have the choice of using the chipped or unchipped balls. Nice correction but a day too late.

Very difficult to see this as a real issue.

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Bush league? CFL. Nahhhhh. All the sports allow dudes who have bet on games to play. 

Hot, and probably unpopular take: betting on your own team to straight up win isn’t morally wrong. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

9 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I think there is logic to that but a blanket ban is easier to enforce.

How though? It’s simple, you should be allowed to bet on your own team to win. Straight up only, no spreads, no props, just to win the game. Anything else, you’re done, banned for life.

9 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Could the chipped balls have had anything to do with the overthrows Zach had in the end zone? We'll never know. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I doubt it. Collaros was just off on damned near everything.  

Yeah.....on a couple of throws he wasn't anywhere near his target....Don't know if the guy ran the wrong route or Collaros had so much rust he was that off....Ottawa game should be very telling

6 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Forget the kickers.
Clearly, it was the chipped ball  that was responsible for Collaros’ horseshit passing numbers. 

True. They are obviously heavier on one side. 

Only the kickers were using chipped balls. The QBs weren’t altho it’s possible Zach has chipped balls. I dunno. Prob have to ask someone closer to him like his wife. 

Edited by Goalie