CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

20 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I ask the question again - who do they have at QB who is better? 

Watson may be a POS as a person & in reality, he should be banned from the NFL. However, he isn't & talent wise, Watson is a much better qb than Rourke. Plus he was drafted & Rourke wasn't so not a lot invested in Rourke by any team. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Watson may be a POS as a person & in reality, he should be banned from the NFL. However, he isn't & talent wise, Watson is a much better qb than Rourke. Plus he was drafted & Rourke wasn't so not a lot invested in Rourke by any team. 

agreed...and its just typical NFL politics and bias working against him...Undrafted....Strike One....Canadian Football League defector...Strike 2.....Canadian player....Strike 3...and toss in 4 for good measure

1 minute ago, Booch said:

agreed...and its just typical NFL politics and bias working against him...Undrafted....Strike One....Canadian Football League defector...Strike 2.....Canadian player....Strike 3...and toss in 4 for good measure

Of course if he was Canadian DE of Nigerian heritage then he'd now be a multi millionaire. 

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I wonder if Montreal was keeping cap space for Mack’s return because bringing in Mack would make them the over whelming favorites to repeat. 

I suspect he is gonna wanna linger around down there a bit....it likely his last kick at the cat down there this yr so will tryand squeeze every last chance he can get

Too bad the Falcon's won't can Dee and he just said screw it... I'm coming back! lol....tho Osh would prob play Kramala anyway and say he needs to earn his way on roster...we like guys we have BS 

Maccochia(sp?) and Maas have turned a team that was a loser on the field and against all odds, have made them a powerhouse through smart signings and good coaching and management. I would have bet against them, but here they are- the class of the league.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

Maccochia(sp?) and Maas have turned a team that was a loser on the field and against all odds, have made them a powerhouse through smart signings and good coaching and management. I would have bet against them, but here they are- the class of the league.

Probably more Maccochia and their scouting dept. than Maas, who's failed to find much success in any other system he's been involved with.

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Probably more Maccochia and their scouting dept. than Maas, who's failed to find much success in any other system he's been involved with.

Maas might be underrated as a coach, I'd say he's been successful pretty much everywhere but Saskatchewan. Won a Grey Cup as QB coach with the Argos and coached the Redblacks offence to a major turnaround as their OC in 2015.

His time in Edmonton was a mixed bag but not terrible either, he made the playoffs 3 out of 4 seasons and won a semi final game each time. They've gone 13-46 since firing him after an 8-10 season in 2019.

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

They’ve really drafted well too. Philpott & Dequoy are two of the best players in the league at their position.

5 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

I dont know- he came up with a really good offensive plan in the 23gc to negate the Jeffs and subsequently score when needed to.  I always liked him as a coach- nice to see him realize his potential. 

6 hours ago, Tracker said:

Mtl was a good bad team before they took over. The coch and anger management took it up a notch for sure. 

2 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

They’ve really drafted well too. Philpott & Dequoy are two of the best players in the league at their position.

drafted well, developed and found us talent well, didn’t get roped into over paying guys in free agency.  Fajardo is making mid tier qb money, other wise they don’t have any guys in the top 25 paid. They exemplify next man up the most. That’s why they are the top team.