CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

worth bearing in mind that Rourke washed out of the NFL in less time and with much less fanfare than Streveler did...

surely he meant to say top 20 qb in the CFL. 

It's definitely a click bait take. He can't believe Rourke is better than 1/3 of the starting QBs in the NFL (not to mention all of the back ups, all CFL QBs, all college QBs).

7 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

It's definitely a click bait take. He can't believe Rourke is better than 1/3 of the starting QBs in the NFL (not to mention all of the back ups, all CFL QBs, all college QBs).

so If strev lasted longer...got on active rosters...was unreal one pre-season...is he top 15...10?...Oh Farhan...love your passion and work out in BC but cmon man

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

so If strev lasted longer...got on active rosters...was unreal one pre-season...is he top 15...10?...Oh Farhan...love your passion and work out in BC but cmon man

you know there could be a ticket drive involved here too... a casual fan (who maybe trusts Farhan's opinion) hears this and thinks "wow, if he's that good I better check out this game"... at least he's drumming up CFL conversation

6 minutes ago, bearpants said:

you know there could be a ticket drive involved here too... a casual fan (who maybe trusts Farhan's opinion) hears this and thinks "wow, if he's that good I better check out this game"... at least he's drumming up CFL conversation

I dont fault him for promoting the CFL...and players....gotta reign in the manlove stuff tho a wee bit

Man games lost due to injury. 

B.C. Lions — 64 man games lost (7.1 per game)

Ottawa Redblacks — 69 man games lost (8.6 per game)

Edmonton Elks — 81 man games lost (9.0 per game)

Saskatchewan Roughriders — 86 man games lost (9.6 per game)

Winnipeg Blue Bombers — 87 man games lost (9.7 per game)

Montreal Alouettes — 91 man games lost (10.1 per game)

Hamilton Tiger-Cats — 92 man games lost (10.2 per game)

Calgary Stampeders — 100 man games lost (11.1 per game)

Toronto Argonauts — 100 man games lost (11.1 per game)

I'm surprised that we're in the middle of the pack.

From: https://3downnation.com/2024/08/15/which-cfl-team-has-had-the-most-injuries-so-far-in-2024/

Edited by TBURGESS

29 minutes ago, Booch said:

I find it so weird that Buck as our OC and a former quarterback doesn’t see Strev as anything more than a runner. He has proved he can throw the football if given the chance. 

I asked the question prior to the first game of the year:  will they let Streveler be anything more than a gadget QB?   So far the answer is no and that's just wild to me.

I don't know if it's a trust thing, managing Zach's confidence or whether they simply had no plan for Streveler beyond "Hey, fans love this guy and he's going to help us sell tickets." It's a complete failure on Buck's part to not only integrate him into the offence as a passer (when needed) but also in not doing anything to disguise intent or provide any creative looks when Streveler is behind center.  It's a shame.

20 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Man games lost due to injury. 

B.C. Lions — 64 man games lost (7.1 per game)

Ottawa Redblacks — 69 man games lost (8.6 per game)

Edmonton Elks — 81 man games lost (9.0 per game)

Saskatchewan Roughriders — 86 man games lost (9.6 per game)

Winnipeg Blue Bombers — 87 man games lost (9.7 per game)

Montreal Alouettes — 91 man games lost (10.1 per game)

Hamilton Tiger-Cats — 92 man games lost (10.2 per game)

Calgary Stampeders — 100 man games lost (11.1 per game)

Toronto Argonauts — 100 man games lost (11.1 per game)

I'm surprised that we're in the middle of the pack.

AS am I...Not sure if they included Lawson and Parker in that tho...as they didnt start th year?....also too...it's a matter of who is hurt too...

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The Kid Canada schtick is an insult to Trey Ford, IMO.

it's an insult to any Canadian starter....or playmaker...especially ones in other high profile positions, and especially the ones who trained and went post secondary education all the way through Canada...not jumped to a U.S prep school....then were trained for 4 yrs at an NCAA program...Suitors just an antiquated air bag who likes to hear himself talk...and should have been sent to the glue factory yrs ago already

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

To ensure you get him. On the free market you have to compete for his services, with really no second guy available. Same reason ott gave us a low pick for browns rights before free agency. 
 I think it’s a question of how much value do you give up? 

You don't give up much. It should be noted that VA's contract isn't terrible either and likely lower than what he gets if a bidding war starts.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Rourke is the low hanging fruit story of the week. It'll be like that until the league clears Kelly to play next week. And frankly they should've already done so (or at a bare minimum clarified when he is eligible).

They shouldn't let him back at all, but if the Argos want this type of scum in their dressing room I guess that's up to them. Hope he gets booed out of every stadium including his own.

24 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Fart noises... I do not like being in the city on a "school night", but am forced into going to this for work. So help me god if they delay this game until super late..... Go RBs! Go Dru!