CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

Starting in 2023, the league began using "chipped" balls to collect telementry and metric information.

Begginning in 2023, with the introduction of chipped balls, players have been informed that they cannot throw footballs in the stands in celebration, nor keep them as souveniers. The result of either would be a $500 fine. Balls that end up in the stands as the result of in-play action will be retrieved from fans, and perhaps swapped for a non-game ball.

From CFL.DB.  I'd say that all game balls are chipped, not just the kicking balls.

BTW: As long as both teams have to play with chipped balls for kicking or throwing, then both team have the same equipment and it's equal. 

31 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Starting in 2023, the league began using "chipped" balls to collect telementry and metric information.

Begginning in 2023, with the introduction of chipped balls, players have been informed that they cannot throw footballs in the stands in celebration, nor keep them as souveniers. The result of either would be a $500 fine. Balls that end up in the stands as the result of in-play action will be retrieved from fans, and perhaps swapped for a non-game ball.

From CFL.DB.  I'd say that all game balls are chipped, not just the kicking balls.

BTW: As long as both teams have to play with chipped balls for kicking or throwing, then both team have the same equipment and it's equal. 

I have heard of no move to change the yard markers to metric. Ambrosie should have his head examined. 

The video replay shows a definite twisting and ripping on Streves leg by this idiot, and now he's turned himself into a bald faced liar.....Someone has to talk to Stubble, and ask what the hell was all the 'attempt to injure' action on Chris's lower leg  after the whistle...It was plainly seen and the CFL has the vid to prove it.....Karma is a real beeotch sometimes and the season ending injury seems to speak to that....No sympathy from this quarter when you embark on that kind of bull$hit play

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

The video replay shows a definite twisting and ripping on Streves leg by this idiot, and now he's turned himself into a bald faced liar.....Someone has to talk to Stubble, and ask what the hell was all the 'attempt to injure' action on Chris's lower leg  after the whistle...It was plainly seen and the CFL has the vid to prove it.....Karma is a real beeotch sometimes and the season ending injury seems to speak to that....No sympathy from this quarter when you embark on that kind of bull$hit play

Very next play Stubblefield lying on the ground… how many of us were pointing at the tv “that’s what you get!”  Football gods not bailing out the crappy play of our team, but karma served up at the appropriate dose.

14 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

No, that is coincidence. 

No..that's karma...prove me wrong..I'll wait. Point being that because you don't believe in it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist and even if it doesn't and someone still thinks it does, why try over rule their belief in what goes around comes around. More, not less, people should be adhering to that mantra.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

No, that is coincidence. 

How about irony vs coincidence? That one drives me nuts 

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

No..that's karma...prove me wrong..I'll wait. Point being that because you don't believe in it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist and even if it doesn't and someone still thinks it does, why try over rule their belief in what goes around comes around. More, not less, people should be adhering to that mantra.

Karma as a belief system applies to reincarnation.
So if Subblefield had twisted Strev’s ankle, died, was reborn a little boy, grew up, became a pro football player and had his ankle broken by a dirty play, that would be karma. 

That being said, I did post “instant karma beyotch” after the acl injury, it’s become just a figure of speech I suppose. 

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Just because you believe in it doesn't mean it does exist either. Go ahead an prove that Karma exists.. I'll wait.

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Karma as a belief system applies to reincarnation.
So if Subblefield had twisted Strev’s ankle, died, was reborn a little boy, grew up, became a pro football player and had his ankle broken by a dirty play, that would be karma.

That is one definition, it is also defined as:

"karma as the relationship between a person's mental or physical action and the consequences following that action."

Which totally fits in this case- like a glove.

I can't think of a more fitting example.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

4 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

No, that is coincidence. 

No. It’s Gods plan. They all thank him when it goes good but nobody says thank you lord for destroying my career 1 play after I tried to destroy another persons career. It’s gods plan man. 

babysitting here  nephew just opened a can of worms. Looked fun  

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Ott signs Winston rose. Surprising with better young fa dbs available. But bomber dumpster diving. 

They do need to build a culture there though, so he can be helpful in that regard.

38 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

They do need to build a culture there though, so he can be helpful in that regard.

That’s a fair point. In that case they should’ve brought him in during the off season. Let him set the tone in camp. Hard to lead joining a team mid season. Kongbo would’ve been even better for that imo.