CFL - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Monday morning and the CFL stats still aren't updated at all from this weekend. Such a ******* joke. Ambrosie is a sack of **** and he's gotta go.

Yeah i completely just bypass cfl.ca now and get all my stats from TSN. Sad really.

32 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Are they not imploding now? Washington fired. BLM benched only to get another shot due to injury. Butler benched last game.

We broke that franchise and devoured Steinhauer's soul in 2021. He now wanders the netherworld for all eternity.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

49 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Watch some of Jones post game pressers, can't help but love the guys honesty, he's the opposite of O'Shea.

Ehhhhhh I'll disagree... There's nothing to love about that guys presence in the CFL. 

Edited by Noeller

53 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Watch some of Jones post game pressers, can't help but love the guys honesty, he's the opposite of O'Shea.

Yep, one guy built a culture that keeps things in the dressing room and just got his 100th win and will have a statue erected outside the stadium by the time he is done, the other is a guy who can count his wins over the past few seasons on one hand. As much as I hate MOS's canned ham answers, it's part of the reason his players love him.

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Als are easily the team to beat this season but as we know anything can happen in a best of one playoff game. 

I feel like they are a bit soft like us last year. But they have some incredible weapons and in the league where every one is lower mid, they are certainly the head of the class on the field. 
 That wr core is really good now, hands down the best imo. 

Idk, Jones is a dildo, but he’s a good DC. It’s when he gets roster power that he messes everything up. I think it’s an ok move honestly. 

I think they’ll improve. They have more talent there than their record shows. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I feel like they are a bit soft like us last year. But they have some incredible weapons and in the league where every one is lower mid, they are certainly the head of the class on the field. 
 That wr core is really good now, hands down the best imo. 

Calling it right now, someone’s upsetting them in the cup or EF. 

Could even be us..

16 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Idk, Jones is a dildo, but he’s a good DC. It’s when he gets roster power that he messes everything up. I think it’s an ok move honestly. 

Could even be us..

Having 2019 vibes here...we gonna have to fight and earn everything this yr..so we gonna be battle tested...hungry and have that fire again...we lacked that the last 2 cups 

20 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Could even be us..

I could see ott or tor beating them in the ef. Imagine if masoli claws his way back to a gc only to run into a bombers D even better than 21? Lmao

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Having 2019 vibes here...we gonna have to fight and earn everything this yr..so we gonna be battle tested...hungry and have that fire again...we lacked that the last 2 cups 

Calling it now: Osh ****** up the season on purpose because he wanted the team to be going into playoffs on a heater rather than coasting like recent years......

34 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

let's not get a head of ourselves

Honestly right now it’s better than 21 before stove came in. 
 The 21 team dominated field position and with offence as well as D. This D has had to endure much worse field position from awful punting and an O that puts up one passing td every few weeks. 
 We also have the hash mark change that has turned every qb into a guy who completes 70% of their passes. 

looking at the standings, this is such a weird CFL season.  Usually by this point in the CFL season you have 3 clear tiers -- 2-3 legit contenders, 2-3 trash fires (one of whom will make the playoffs) and the rest are all mediocre pretenders.  But today we have a single elite team, a single trash fire, and everyone else is in the Maybe tier.

I could see promoting Ottawa up into the elite tier, they are finding ways to win ... but it all feels so fragile there.  Montreal and Ottawa play 2x in the final third of the season, could be the most interesting heavyweight tilts in the East in years.

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Is he? When's the last time he coached a good defense? 

The Riders I guess (as HC/DC they had a good Defence). Anywhere he was before the latest run in Edmonton. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Honestly right now it’s better than 21 before stove came in. 
 The 21 team dominated field position and with offence as well as D. This D has had to endure much worse field position from awful punting and an O that puts up one passing td every few weeks. 
 We also have the hash mark change that has turned every qb into a guy who completes 70% of their passes. 

Super overlooked point. How many times this year has the opponent started on their own 40 or better and Bombers hold to a FG attempt or punt.
It’s really outstanding how few points they’re giving up with literally the worst punter the team’s had in the last 40+ years.